Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The Boxing Thread

Anyone catch the Charlo brothers on the weekend? They were quite impressive. I think they have flattered to deceive in the past - all mouth no trousers - but thought both looked excellent against game opponants.

I thought that Bredis was also very good versus Dorticus. The 'KO Doctor' just didn't seem to get going, and Bredis is a machine who just gets stronger as the fight goes on. Bredis ran Usyk pretty close when they met, and would now clearly be the best cruiserweight in the world with Usyk up at heavy. On that, I am very much looking forward to seeing Usyk vs Chisora. Intriguing!

The Josh Taylor fight was bizarre. The Thai bloke looked decent in the first minute, but his reaction to the body shot was shocking. I think the punch 'stole his soul' as they say - but the histrionics in leaving the ring will haunt him forever. Taylor vs Ramirez in a unification bout would be a classic. Taylor's CV is outrageous for a 16 fight pro. He'd have to be a anyone's pound-for-pound top ten now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marblehead Johnson View Post
    Anyone catch the Charlo brothers on the weekend? They were quite impressive. I think they have flattered to deceive in the past - all mouth no trousers - but thought both looked excellent against game opponants.

I thought that Bredis was also very good versus Dorticus. The 'KO Doctor' just didn't seem to get going, and Bredis is a machine who just gets stronger as the fight goes on. Bredis ran Usyk pretty close when they met, and would now clearly be the best cruiserweight in the world with Usyk up at heavy. On that, I am very much looking forward to seeing Usyk vs Chisora. Intriguing!

The Josh Taylor fight was bizarre. The Thai bloke looked decent in the first minute, but his reaction to the body shot was shocking. I think the punch 'stole his soul' as they say - but the histrionics in leaving the ring will haunt him forever. Taylor vs Ramirez in a unification bout would be a classic. Taylor's CV is outrageous for a 16 fight pro. He'd have to be a anyone's pound-for-pound top ten now.
    Missed the Mall fight, wasn't interested in that fight beforehand and not impressed by the result. The Mell fight was good action for a few rounds although the "KO" was very strange, would like to see how Tszyu goes against Rosario.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    would like to see how Tszyu goes against Rosario.
    Tszyu has signed to fight a Kiwi, Bowen Morgan. I've never heard of Morgan, but did just check BoxRec and saw he was knocked out by Kris George a few years back. Kris George is decent, but nowhere near world class. He was taken apart by Josh Kelly a couple of years ago and completely exposed. If George is stopping Morgan, you have to think Tszyu gets it done in 4 rounds.