Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jobe has been released!!!

Jobe has been released!!!

WTF.

Didn't 'our' coach say recently that he wasn't going to be pushed out of the club? What decent club in the world releases their captain mid season?

GVE out.......

Seriously, life would be boring if you weren't a Jerks supporter

This is absolutely shite! Getting sick and tired of the shit this club keeps dishing out!!

Told he was not going to be re-signed for next year so he quit. That's a bit piss weak. I could understand him looking for other clubs and shopping himself out but no need to spit the dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    Told he was not going to be re-signed for next year so he quit. That's a bit piss weak. I could understand him looking for other clubs and shopping himself out but no need to spit the dummy.
    Considering GVE doesn't want him around why the **** would he stay ? Seriously.

I don't think Jobe will be the last of the senior players to be culled by GVE either.

It appears anyone that doubts the greatness of GVE gets the door.

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Good stuff
    Good bye
    Novocastria Youth

Jobes comment that his heart hasn't been in it for the last 6 - 12 months and that he is going to take a break are interesting.

If he signs next week for heart, then it's PR bullshit from the club, but if he is speaking the truth, what has bought that on?

Ribeiro again not in the squad!!.. Not even mentioned in "out"... I think we are entitled to know why: not good enough?.. Him and GVE don't see eye to eye?... He is not interested and gave up at training?...

I dont see what the big deal is. GVE wants players who are committed to the team and keen to play. Jobe has come out and said and i quote:

"Over the last six to 12 months my head hasn’t been it in like it should be, and this will now give me a chance to get away and plan my future.

“There is no point being at a place when my heart isn’t in it and the last thing I want to do is let down my teammates.”

To me it seems like he has been sulking around and GVE has cut him due to his poor attitude (which could be reflecting bad on the team, after all he was the captain). Where is the attitude of a home grown player showing GVE that he is keen to play and keen to stay at the jets at all costs? maybe giving him the arm band was a way of giving him a boost and it didnt work.

In my opinion its a good move - couldnt care if they were home grown or not. if their heart and desire isnt there to play, then show him the door and find someone who is keen and willing to play for the team

thinking same thing about ribs... was like this for a while... some with tiago.... clearly everyone sees the main factor in all of this GVE
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Ribeiro again not in the squad!!.. Not even mentioned in "out"... I think we are entitled to know why: not good enough?.. Him and GVE don't see eye to eye?... He is not interested and gave up at training?...
    Ribeiro wouldn't be listed as out of the squad, because he was never in it.

we sure know how to treat the players well.

As is usual, we will never know the full story...

Very weird though a couple of weeks ago the Heart offer was rejected and GVE said he needed to sit with Jobe to talk about next season.

Why did they not let him go then ?

Maybe the intent was to keep him - maybe it is true that Jobe has just started to lose it a little.

Maybe he has fallen out with GVE a la Kasey Werhman - he was Brankos skipper after all.

PS - half expect him to be on the Smurf bench on Saturday !
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 31-01-2013 at 04:48 PM.

GVE is responsible for demoralising quite a few good players, they usually do better without him, hope he joins Heart or similar.

can the voicetruss supporters of the jets please do something about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

was unaware that Gallaway was holding him prisoner

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    can the voicetruss supporters of the jets please do something about this.

Does anyone believe a word of a Newcastle Jets press release any more?

I certainly don't. It just seems so stupid that such basic lack of trust is an issue.

Releasing captains mid season, releasing marque player afte less than a dozen games, loaning out marque player, handing back licenses to FFA, not paying player wages, owner hiring a marquee without consulting coach, coaches leaving mid season, coaches being sacked...... hiring Craig Deans....

Welcome to the abortion.