Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jobe has been released!!!

spewing that jobe is going, really wish i had of had a photo taken with him and reeegz whilst over in wellington now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Releasing captains mid season, releasing marque player afte less than a dozen games, loaning out marque player, handing back licenses to FFA, not paying player wages, owner hiring a marquee without consulting coach, coaches leaving mid season, coaches being sacked...... hiring Craig Deans....

Welcome to the abortion.
    .....the club openly promoting that it is all for developing local talent but has added quite a few Sydney boys to it's Youth ranks in recent months!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Releasing captains mid season, releasing marque player afte less than a dozen games, loaning out marque player, handing back licenses to FFA, not paying player wages, owner hiring a marquee without consulting coach, coaches leaving mid season, coaches being sacked...... hiring Craig Deans....

Welcome to the abortion.

I can tell ya people, after 34 years - you get used to it!

Quote Originally Posted by hauss View Post
    Does anyone believe a word of a Newcastle Jets press release any more?

I certainly don't. It just seems so stupid that such basic lack of trust is an issue.
    You'd have to be very naive to believe anything from the HSG play book when it comes to these cookie cutter press releases.

It's not the cutting of players be they local or fan fav's, it's these pathetic school yard tactics of lets just leave it and pretend we want to re-sign, pretend we offered a contract, pretend we have any shred of decency or professionalism. Honestly it's just not the sort of thing I want to sign up for in a club, they talk about building a culture, well from what I have seen of Middelby and GVE & I assume HSG, as they have not pulled these two dickheads into line, the culture is of no trust, playing favorites and having no backbone or guts to make any decisions.

Its sad the pathetic mirage of a club this has become under these two.
    Last edited by Pico; 31-01-2013 at 05:52 PM.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Disgrace

he said his heart wasnt in it anymore, i think hsg just shafted him tbh

Love Jobe.
    Hate Deans.

As early as three-four weeks ago I heard whispers that Jobe was close to leaving the jets due to his head not being in the right place and frustration over injury problems.

I didn't pay much attention to the rumour when i first heard it but looks like there might have been something to it.

The other part of the rumour was that Jobe was going to give up the professional game and play all age with a bunch of his mates in a Toronto team. Wonder if this rumour will end up being on the money too...

Edit- Am disappointed Jobe has left. Used to be one of his detractors, but thought he really stepped up after being given the captaincy. I think we'll miss him

Disgrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dainnan View Post
    As early as three-four weeks ago I heard whispers that Jobe was close to leaving the jets due to his head not being in the right place and frustration over injury problems.

I didn't pay much attention to the rumour when i first heard it but looks like there might have been something to it.

The other part of the rumour was that Jobe was going to give up the professional game and play all age with a bunch of his mates in a Toronto team. Wonder if this rumour will end up being on the money too...

Edit- Am disappointed Jobe has left. Used to be one of his detractors, but thought he really stepped up after being given the captaincy. I think we'll miss him
    Maybe we will see two Wheelhouse's in the NBN League this year, his brother is at Jaffas. He also walked out midseason from the Jets Youth because his heart wasn't in it.

heart wasn't in it aye ?...will have plenty of Heart soon
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

better off to go to a club with a smart coach; Victory, Mariners or WSW. Aloisi won't teach him much but at least
    he doesn't appear to have mental health issues like his most recent mentor.

Can just one person who is blaming the club give me one reason why they're to blame?

I'm not a GVE fan by any stretch but I don't know what he did wrong? In the past we've lead players on to believe they were getting signed and they were cut right at the end (Elrich anyone?) and GVE copped a mouthful for not being upfront and honest with the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Boned Youngster View Post
    a smart coach, Mariners

Pity their smart coach ain't any good for national teams......

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Can just one person who is blaming the club give me one reason why they're to blame?

I'm not a GVE fan by any stretch but I don't know what he did wrong? In the past we've lead players on to believe they were getting signed and they were cut right at the end (Elrich anyone?) and GVE copped a mouthful for not being upfront and honest with the squad.
    Seems like he's damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. Some people will always complain about our coach even if we're winning and it's getting old. The fact is we can't just keep changing coaches every year after a so-so season. GvE has proven he can win a championship. Lets give him time.
    Last edited by Thomas477; 31-01-2013 at 10:28 PM.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

um are we winning? I think not
    Amigos Aarau

demon
    TRIVIA QUESTION - and I ask this seriously.

Who was the last United/Jets player who retired/was released and got to be given a send off at a home game???

A group of aged and weary guys were at the pub last night trying to think this one through, not necessarily actually playing a final game for the club but at least given the respect of being taken out in front of the crowd and given a round of applause by the fans.

We actually started to struggle to think of anyone more recent than maybe an Andy Roberts?

I'm not a league fan and haven't been to a Knights game since Matt Gidley & Co's playing days but that final game send off is still a big part of the league club and our football sides seem to never manage to replicate it for players or crowd.

ljubo sent himself off pretty well

did they do something for noel spencer when he retired maybe? possibly matt thompson going to heart?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    TRIVIA QUESTION - and I ask this seriously.

Who was the last United/Jets player who retired/was released and got to be given a send off at a home game???

A group of aged and weary guys were at the pub last night trying to think this one through, not necessarily actually playing a final game for the club but at least given the respect of being taken out in front of the crowd and given a round of applause by the fans.

We actually started to struggle to think of anyone more recent than maybe an Andy Roberts?

I'm not a league fan and haven't been to a Knights game since Matt Gidley & Co's playing days but that final game send off is still a big part of the league club and our football sides seem to never manage to replicate it for players or crowd.
    jade north got a lap of honour

jobe deserves something at least, but your average mongo will probably boo him given the chance because he isn't passing the ball forward on his presentation lap

but your average mongo will probably boo him given the chance because he isn't passing the ball forward on his presentation lap
    disagree. the average mongo will be cheering their hearts out

because bridges will be warming up
    OK

but your average mongo will probably boo him given the chance because he isn't passing the ball forward on his presentation lap
    Brilliant.
    #MongoForKotaraSouth