Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jobe has been released!!!

maybe vj's rangers of 1886 have something planned

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    brilliant.
    #mongoforkotarasouth
    hahaha..

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    TRIVIA QUESTION - and I ask this seriously.

Who was the last United/Jets player who retired/was released and got to be given a send off at a home game???

A group of aged and weary guys were at the pub last night trying to think this one through, not necessarily actually playing a final game for the club but at least given the respect of being taken out in front of the crowd and given a round of applause by the fans.

We actually started to struggle to think of anyone more recent than maybe an Andy Roberts?

I'm not a league fan and haven't been to a Knights game since Matt Gidley & Co's playing days but that final game send off is still a big part of the league club and our football sides seem to never manage to replicate it for players or crowd.

How did Eags finish his time with the club?

Did we give Nick Carle a send off?

We clapped Bridge, Durante and Musialik, Scotty Tunbridge, Denni in their last game for us. Shame the Fridge wasn't there. However that wasn't at home. (sure felt like it though - with massive numbers for us and bugger all Gypos...actually sounds like an away game in Gosford too).

scotty tunbridge geeeeeeeeeez

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Brilliant.
    #MongoForKotaraSouth
    Hehe love it

Jobe was always ready to have a chat, always gave 100% for the shirt.
    And in the last 18 months was a rock in midfield.

Herald commenters have no idea ffs
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    scotty tunbridge geeeeeeeeeez
    Yep, old Scotty.

Back in the days of the Jets going back to the supporters club, my wife went and got my scarf signed by him. She didn't know who he was...

Still scored us one important goal if I recall correctly.

Banned
    Love reading the opinions on Facebook. Some would say that I am OTT in my opinions around here. Some of the people on the JEts FB leave me for dead with their sensationalism and carry on. Good giggle reading some of the shit.

Anyway great decision by the club.

Brillante Pepper Oxborrow Brown Kanta (LOL) are already here to play in that role and contracted for next season

ZADS???? Hopefully stays

We have also picked up a bloke in Caravello who is probably on half the money that Jobe was and is a more than handy at matching Jobes output

Explain to me why the club is copping a bagging the coach is copping a bagging for not resigning a bloke in an area we already have plenty of depth in??
    Matter of fact the Jets should be applauded for the timing of the decision to not resign Jobe being in the transfer window to allow him the chance to leave ASAP if he desired.

Hopefully GVE has freed up some money from the losses of Tiago and Wheelhouse to be able to sign some Brazillian play maker who can spend next season in the NYL. Either that or sign some bloke of class that will make jobes departure seem insignificant

jobe deserves something at least, but your average mongo will probably boo him given the chance because he isn't passing the ball forward on his presentation lap
    Fvckin lol...how true !
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

jade north got a lap of honour

jobe deserves something at least, but your average mongo will probably boo him given the chance because he isn't passing the ball forward on his presentation lap
    Gees some of you bloke have absolutely no respect at all for your fellow Jets fans. What makes you think you are any more knowledgable about the game compared to others?

Banned
    jade north got a lap of honour

MONGO.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    Gees some of you bloke have absolutely no respect at all for your fellow Jets fans. What makes you think you are any more knowledgable about the game compared to others?
    since when did our fellow jets fans ever have respect for anyone? they would boo santa claus if he was playing left back.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Love reading the opinions on Facebook. Some would say that I am OTT in my opinions around here. Some of the people on the JEts FB leave me for dead with their sensationalism and carry on. Good giggle reading some of the shit.

Anyway great decision by the club.

Brillante Pepper Oxborrow Brown Kanta (LOL) are already here to play in that role and contracted for next season

ZADS???? Hopefully stays

We have also picked up a bloke in Caravello who is probably on half the money that Jobe was and is a more than handy at matching Jobes output

Explain to me why the club is copping a bagging the coach is copping a bagging for not resigning a bloke in an area we already have plenty of depth in??
    Matter of fact the Jets should be applauded for the timing of the decision to not resign Jobe being in the transfer window to allow him the chance to leave ASAP if he desired.

Hopefully GVE has freed up some money from the losses of Tiago and Wheelhouse to be able to sign some Brazillian play maker who can spend next season in the NYL. Either that or sign some bloke of class that will make jobes departure seem insignificant
    Not often that I agree with everything you say but this time I do.

MFKS throws enough opinions around that eventually you get one you agree with

Quote Originally Posted by sh10 View Post
    MFKS throws enough opinions around that eventually you get one you agree with
    love it

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    I think the fact we support this club makes us all retarded and therefore open to all kinds of mockery.
    Just deal with it ay.

Jets TV - Wheelhouse: My heart wasn't in it anymore

Interesting interview.

Personaly sad to see him go (although I was a detracture a few years back and lot like Zads until he/they got the captains armband) but from a club POV can understand why he wasn't going to be resigned. But it's interesting to hear interested bystanders bang on about loyalty "because of the fact that he a local, in this day and age of limited finances, salary caps and the desire for premierships.

Hope he sorts himself out anddoes what he wants to do.

Interesting that the same people saying that "being a local doesnt matter and football is a business" are the same idiots that were banging on a few seasons ago how there were no locals in the team and they didnt feel this club represented Newcastle with no novocastrians in it.

Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Should copy the Basque method. Novocastrians only imo which means Deans and GVE out. Probably loose but hey, whats new.

Jobe to jaffas