Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcastle United (Hunter Ports) Jets squad 2012/13

Disappointing if we were only interested in Garcia if Zads was leaving. We need a bloody attacking midfielder/playmaker. Probably the only club in the league without one. We NEED Garcia!

WSW = Ono
    Bris = Miller
    Heart = Kewell
    MV = Nichols
    Adel = Visosic
    CCM = Flores
    Syd = Carle
    Wel = Hernandez
    Perth = McGarry

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Disappointing if we were only interested in Garcia if Zads was leaving. We need a bloody attacking midfielder/playmaker. Probably the only club in the league without one. We NEED Garcia!

WSW = Ono
    Bris = Miller
    Heart = Kewell
    MV = Nichols
    Adel = Visosic
    CCM = Flores
    Syd = Carle
    Wel = Hernandez
    Perth = McGarry
    Although he was shite last year Brown is our CAM. If he can replicate his Gold Coast form I would have him before half of the blokes on that list
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

The thing is, i don't believe his Gold Coast form was ever that great. Definitely wasn't worthy

Quote Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
    The thing is, i don't believe his Gold Coast form was ever that great. Definitely wasn't worthy
    I guess he was the green apple in a basket full of rotten apples
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I don't know if he can replicate some of the stuff he did at cold toast, but some of his goals were definitely worthy...

And McGarry is???
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Brown is absolute shite.

After all this talk, I reckon GVE, Middleby and co will somehow manage to go an entire offseason without signing a decent CAM and CB - the only two positions we needed filled desperately.

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    Brown is absolute shite.

After all this talk, I reckon GVE, Middleby and co will somehow manage to go an entire offseason without signing a decent CAM and CB - the only two positions we needed filled desperately.
    I hope Brown comes out and blows everyone off the park this season. If he gets a good pre-season under his belt and gets his injuries sorted it'll be like having a new player on the team.

I think he has the ability to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I hope Brown comes out and blows everyone off the park this season. If he gets a good pre-season under his belt and gets his injuries sorted it'll be like having a new player on the team.

I think he has the ability to do it.
    I really hope he proves me wrong, but realistically I can't see it happening. He played a few good games as a youngster at Gold Coast.
    Every involvement for the Jets, he looked lazy and terrified of actually getting the ball. I don't think injuries played as strong a part as his mental toughness - something which is much harder to strengthen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    it'll be like having a new player on the team.
    Almost sounds like an Arsenal fan with that line

I think Brown is considerably better than the player we saw last year. I think he was horribly mismanaged though... surgery, long lay off and then 30 minutes in the youth before being rushed back into the starting line up and under performing for weeks on end. I think you can read between the lines as to whose fault I think that is...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Almost sounds like an Arsenal fan with that line

I think Brown is considerably better than the player we saw last year. I think he was horribly mismanaged though... surgery, long lay off and then 30 minutes in the youth before being rushed back into the starting line up and under performing for weeks on end. I think you can read between the lines as to whose fault I think that is...
    He he Liverpool fans were saying the same thing about Lucas last year when he returned.

I think you're right about Brown in everything you say. He appears to be a confidence player and he was definately hesitating in challenges. That all came about because he was mismanged in my opinion. But remember the excitement we felt when he signed? And also when he made his first team debut? We thought he could have been our saviour! Who can blame us because I recall he was looking quite tidy in the pre-season.

He'll come good this year, I'm sure.

SO can anyone confirm exactly how many positions we still have in the squad?

By my count we have 2 positions, which is the replacement for Ribiero and the replacement for Tiago.

A lot of the talk seems to be that we only have room for the CB, which is definately the priority.

LANS alert

WSW = Ono
    Bris = Miller
    Heart = Kewell
    MV = Nichols
    Adel = Visosic
    CCM = Flores
    Syd = Carle
    Wel = Hernandez
    Perth = McGarry
    What about Nathan Burns ?

WSW = Ono
    Bris = Miller
    Heart = Kewell
    MV = Nichols
    Adel = Visosic
    CCM = Flores
    Syd = Carle
    Wel = Hernandez
    Perth = McGarry
    Brisbane also have Broich!
    Victory have the most quality attack... Thompson, Barbarouses, Nichols, Pain and Finkler (who i thought looked very tidy until he got injured early on and missed the season)
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Is this our current squad in full?

1. Biraz
    2. BK
    3. Solari
    4. Neville
    5. Goodwin
    6. Chapman
    7. Regan
    8. Gallaway
    9. Mitchell
    10. Rubez
    11. Cooper
    12. Ox
    13. Peppz
    14. Brillante
    15. Brown
    16. Caravella
    17. Kanta (junior marquee)
    18. Bridges smh (foreign - may not be by now?)
    19. Heskey (international marquee - foreign)
    20. Taggz
    21. Virgili
    22. Gibbs
    23. Burns
    24. Hoole

Now I'm under the impression that Hoole, Gallaway & Gibbs are definately on senior contracts. Last year I saw all of Solari (aka Duncan back then), Chapman, Cooper, Ox, Brillante & Peppz being referenced to as our non-squad-filling "youth" players. So you'd assume Middleby/GVE wouldn't be idiots and actually use the three youth apprentice spots or whatever they're called, and hence give us more squad room - regardless of which three it is. So by my count (and I think J-Pool too), we have 21 senior players. That would mean 1 spot for a centre back and a remaining spot.

Who have I missed?

our squad is:
    1 Bira
    2 BK
    3 Chapman
    4 Mitchell
    5 Reagan
    6 Neville
    7 Galloway
    8 Hoole
    9 Brilliante
    10 Zad
    11 Zenon
    12 Pepper
    13 Kanta
    14 Cooper
    15 Brown
    16 Bridges
    17 Virgilli
    18 Taggart
    19 Heskey
    20 Burns
    21 Gibbs
    22 Goodwin

Few stories out now that Jets have not been in talks with Ljubo and that he is not coming
    Last edited by lil_masi; 09-08-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Gks:
    Solari
    Birighitti
    Kenedy

Backs:
    Chapman
    Mitchell
    Regan
    Neville
    Goodwin
    Gallaway

Mids:
    Hoole
    Oxborrow
    Zadkovich
    Caravella
    Kantarovski
    Brown
    Pepper
    Cooper
    Brilliante
    Virgilli

Forwards:
    Gibbs
    Burns
    Bridges
    Tagart
    Heskey

That's 24 from my understanding your allowed 23 but Solari, Cooper, Oxborrow, Gibbs, Chapman and Hoole could all be moved to youth contracts from my understanding as well.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Few stories out now that Jets have not been in talks with the Jets and that he is not coming
    Typical Jets, rubbish at internal comms.

JETS OUT.

Whatever Mcgarry has to do with it i don't know but he's a honking footballer i wouldn't want near our team.

Brown's gone the way of Kantarovski, not gonna discover his form of previous seasons. Quite a pessimistic attitude to have but hey, who doesn't have one around here. I'm with Stevo, happy to be proven wrong.

Roll on the GVE magic.