Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcastle United (Hunter Ports) Jets squad 2012/13

Banned
    gallaway....

topor was the best stanley

Is Josh Mitchell still training with the squad - any chance that he is going to be signed as a new centre back?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Tarek was not as popular with the players as the fans. One current player has grabbed him by the throat at training.....

But we move on......anyone talked to Flores yet ?
    Sign Flores FFS. Don't care what he wants, it'll still be cheaper than Wayne at the Nights and them winning the spoon.

Also, so what if the players liked TE? They're ****ing proffessional players and if they want to play with mates, they can piss off and go to the respective All Age comp and form a team there, other HTFU and respect your boss and get on with living the dream of many.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy_v View Post
    Righto champ. If your so close to the boys why didn't you know that Topro was going to be released?
    Fire up V Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by timmy_v View Post
    His clueless mate. Always has been. always will be.
    He does like to talk a fair bit of bullshit, that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    if they want to play with mates, they can piss off and go to the respective All Age comp and form a team there
    To be fair though I pretty much hate all my All Age team mates.

Give GVE some credit - he really has put his balls under the axe for this season. It's victory, or certain death !

Squad list sourced from Sydney FC forums. I've removed NTS.

*The following 17 players are signed
    - 4 u21
    - 1 Foreign

CONTRACT EXPIRES END OF SEASON 2012/13:
    #1) Ben Kennedy (gk)
    #8) Michael Bridges
    #10) Ruben Zadkovich
    #12) Jobe Wheelhouse
    #13) Tiago Calvano (Fgn)
    #15) Sam Gallaway (u21)
    #18) Marko Jesic
    #??) James Virgili (u21)

CONTRACT EXPIRES END OF SEASON 2013/14:
    #2) Taylor Regan
    #6) Ben Kantarovski
    #20) Mark Birighitti (gk)
    #??) Jacob Pepper (u21)
    #??) Adam Taggart (u21)
    #??) Connor Chapman (u21)
    #??) Ryan Griffiths
    #??) Scott Neville
    #??) Craig Goodwin
    #??) James Brown
    #??) Mitch Cooper
    I've also heard that GVE will let Tiago go if another club will take him.

Wow, seems a lot has happened around here lately.

I'm not sad to see Topor go, to be honest. Solid stopper and all the rest of it but rubbish with the ball at his feet. I'd be more than happy for Taylor to step up and take his place provided we sign someone like Mitchell as back-up and hold onto Tiago (or let Tiago go, sign someone similar and sign Mitchell). With such a young team in general it'd be suicide for us to play an inexperienced CB pairing like Regan and Chapman - or (God forbid) Gallaway and Chapman.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Muswellbrookian View Post
    Wow, seems a lot has happened around here lately.

I'm not sad to see Topor go, to be honest. Solid stopper and all the rest of it but rubbish with the ball at his feet. I'd be more than happy for Taylor to step up and take his place provided we sign someone like Mitchell as back-up and hold onto Tiago (or let Tiago go, sign someone similar and sign Mitchell). With such a young team in general it'd be suicide for us to play an inexperienced CB pairing like Regan and Chapman - or (God forbid) Gallaway and Chapman.
    We need two fast Defenders to play the high line GVE wants us to. Go watch our state league yoof games and we are playing a very high line and offside trap.

I am pretty certain reading between the lines that Tarago is living on borrowed time as he doesn't have the pace. Taylor does have the pace and Connor Chapman is only a time factor for when GVE pulls the trigger and throws him as a starter. NTS being surplus to requirements may be more of GVE giving a show of faith in the rise of Chapman and the qualities our other new recruits show. Wouldn't surprise me to see Connor Chapman and Taylor as our starting CB's in Rd 1. Connor hasn't been playing in the last 3 Yoof games despite being a standout. Why??

Probably because GVE ain't gonna burn the candle in him when he is needed for the HAL squad

Completely agree with you as far as the pace thing goes, I'm just not a big fan of having a central defensive pairing whose combined age is 40. We need some experience in there.

play faj in the first team

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    play faj in the first team
    FMD

The bloke struggles in the Yoof team

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    FMD

The bloke struggles in the Yoof team
    I hope the long time reader first time poster doesn't see you saying that.

Not much to say other than glad to see that the foz is back up and running and wanted to get my first post up again. It's like popping a cherry all over again.

Taylor Raygun will step up to fill Toppers spots and the Troopers should just be called the Troppers, although I don't know what they will do with their wigs?

Will we struggle this year? I think these young blokes will go out there with something to prove so as long as they don't get the shite kicked out of them I think we will do alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunta View Post
    Taylor Raygun will step up to fill Toppers spots and the Troopers should just be called the Troppers, although I don't know what they will do with their wigs?
    Im fairly sure coopers troopers with wigs in the style of moss (IT crowd) was decided in the old foz

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post
    Im fairly sure coopers troopers with wigs in the style of moss (IT crowd) was decided in the old foz
    Cheers, hears hoping that Cooper gets plenty of ball time so we can see the Trooper in action.

Banned
    From what I have seen of Mitch so far playing in the yoof he has a bit of work to do before he will get a start over Kanta Jobe Rubes Peppz Brown and whoever else we have to play in the centre of midfield. Has great feet and a few ticks up his sleeve but his involvement at that level should be a bit greater if he wants to be playing HAL next season as a first team regular not as a bit part sub. Early days though because he has only played 2 yoof games but I ain't seeing anything yet to say he will be a first teamer come October

apparently the young socceroos played brisbane strikers last week. word from a guy that went to it said taggart looked lively up front & cooper was amazing in the midfield. there were other people he mentioned but those are who i remember off the top of my head.