Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcastle United (Hunter Ports) Jets squad 2012/13

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Yet people will still complain

For me, thats a pretty strong lineup and GVE has until christmas to prove he is up to the challenge of staying in the top half of the league at the very minimum
    I complain because realistically, how different is that squad to last year when we were a steaming pile of turd? Burns in for Griff and speculative Garcia in for whichever player was average in the attacking mid position last season in varying games.

I have absolutely zero faith in GVE's ability as a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I complain because realistically, how different is that squad to last year when we were a steaming pile of turd? Burns in for Griff and speculative Garcia in for whichever player was average in the attacking mid position last season in varying games.

I have absolutely zero faith in GVE's ability as a manager.
    Burns > Griff
    Garcia > Nobody (like we had last season)

Taggart, Hoole, Goodwin, Chapman, Brillante all will be better this year for last season and their off-season opportunities. Caravella will be here for the whole season.

I see reason to be optimistic.

But also, GVE out.

A bit off topic but am I the only one that would have liked to see more Ribero last season?

Re Garcia, solid player but I really do not see him as a creative CAM sitting behind a front 3, from the times I've watched him he's a very strong direct player isn't he? Just never seen him as a CAM.

I'd take him in the squad for sure though.

Also have very little faith in GvE.

edit: I actually think we have a half decent squad, we should be challenging for finals (not a premiership squad). I just don't think GvE is the man to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    Burns > Griff
    Garcia > Nobody (like we had last season)

Taggart, Hoole, Goodwin, Chapman, Brillante all will be better this year for last season and their off-season opportunities. Caravella will be here for the whole season.

I see reason to be optimistic.

But also, GVE out.
    Na, I am a pessimist.

Burns = unknown. He hasn't exactly destroyed teams overseas and we have him for a few months loan. Whoo.
    Garcia... played for a team that finished LOWER THAN US. Yeah, he is going to be a superstar (if he even signs). Will choke on his gum in the first game and be out for 6-8 weeks with throat lacerations or something.

Can't argue very much with that last bit... they should be better, for sure. But Kanta was going to Bayern and he has hardly been better for experience years later.

Pessimism ftmfw.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Na, I am a pessimist.

Burns = unknown. He hasn't exactly destroyed teams overseas and we have him for a few months loan. Whoo.
    Garcia... played for a team that finished LOWER THAN US. Yeah, he is going to be a superstar (if he even signs). Will choke on his gum in the first game and be out for 6-8 weeks with throat lacerations or something.

Can't argue very much with that last bit... they should be better, for sure. But Kanta was going to Bayern and he has hardly been better for experience years later.

Pessimism ftmfw.
    In good news, when we finish 8th this season it'll probably hurt me more than you.

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Re Garcia, solid player but I really do not see him as a creative CAM sitting behind a front 3, from the times I've watched him he's a very strong direct player isn't he? Just never seen him as a CAM.
    Always thought he was an early edition of Holman, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    In good news, when we finish 8th this season it'll probably hurt me more than you.
    Hahaha, 8th? You are an optimist.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Fxxx me Garcia is legit one of my favourite HAL players. If we sign him (and still get our CB we've been promised), I'm officially optimistic about this season.

-------------Biraz---------------
    Brillante--Chapman--CB--Goodwin
    -------Zadkid----Caravella-------
    ------------Garcia---------------
    ---Taggart--Heskey----Burns----

Bench: BK, Neville, Regan, Kanta, Brown, Cooper

Run at us, top 4.
    Considering Egghead wants to play 343 this year I think we'll line up like this

--------------------Biraz--------------------
    --Chapman----------CB-------Gallaway--
    -Zadz----Garcia ---The Beard--Goodwin-
    -----Tagart--------Heskey-----Burns------
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

GvE doesn't want to play 3-4-3. He wants to play mindgames into making other managers think he's playing three at the back. And in reality, most of the other managers are too focused about getting their own systems right to even give a flying fxxx what GvE does.

GvE started last season with 3 at the back against Adelaide. We conceded within 20 minutes IIRC. If he is legit about going back to it - it's only further proof that he's not suited for us.

What all the GvE lovers, or anti-GvE-haters, must remember is GvE came back to the club and harped on about "his system, his system". How can his system change so much? He needed x amount of time to make it happen. He's had over that, and just continues to change it so he has the excuse of his system hasn't had enough practice yet.

The only real successes GvE has had since coming back to the club is signing a legit number 1 goalkeeper, signing a few promising players in and amongst a whole heap of garbage new signings and rubbish re-signings (that corner flag play <3<3<3), and making a large amount of fans that HSG excellently roped into becoming fans pissed off, and not coming back. And to be totally honest - if you put any other manager that was rumoured back when GvE came in (Farina, Merrick, whoever else) in GvE's position, I would argue they would have signed either the same keeper or a more proven one, and would have signed better players.

GvE OUT, HSG OUT (for letting GvE re-sign Bridges and for not signing Griff), 76% of the Newy population IN (for voting for the e&c kit)

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Considering Egghead wants to play 343 this year I think we'll line up like this

--------------------Biraz--------------------
    --Chapman----------CB-------Gallaway--
    -Zadz----Garcia ---The Beard--Goodwin-
    -----Tagart--------Heskey-----Burns------
    We still need to sign a CB and Richie would be a good pick up
    With
    Kanta
    Peps
    Taylor
    Cara
    Gibbs
    Bridges
    Josh
    Kennedy
    Brown
    Neville
    Virgilli

(Coops,Ox,Hoole)
    That would be 25 players
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Let the tinkering commence.

I just read (someone said through SST) that Adelaide are trying to offload Nigel Boogard to us.

Newy boy coming home

Fxxx the haterz who slayed me for always loving him

Genuinely excited by this - love the bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I just read (someone said through SST) that Adelaide are trying to offload Nigel Boogard to us.

Newy boy coming home

Fxxx the haterz who slayed me for always loving him

Genuinely excited by this - love the bloke.
    Boogard is crap!

What happened to this experienced european CB! Ridiculous how all these other teams (heart,CCM) can find these dutch CBs and we cant find anyone

Another thing, how can MV release players every week eg Forschini today and we dont release players to make room in our squad.
    Last edited by lil_masi; 08-08-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Last I saw Poogard's dad has a monster 'stache and looks like a bikie, sign him up.

Burns is right footed. Played right wing for socceroos. Gve looking for the front 3 to play very narrow therefore I think you'll see tags and burns support heskey and frequently swap sides

going for the outscoring the opposition this year nice.

bring on 5-4 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Burns used to play as an inside out winger for Adelaide didn't he? Seem to remember seeing him tearing it up down the left pretty often.

Foschini released, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Burns used to play as an inside out winger for Adelaide didn't he? Seem to remember seeing him tearing it up down the left pretty often.
    Yeah always played either side but mainly right wing for socceroos, could say he is both footed but definitely predominantly right footed

Quote Originally Posted by OmeletteDuFromage View Post
    Foschini released, thoughts?
    No need, very ordinary at times