Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle United (Hunter Ports) Jets squad 2012/13

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Until the club can do something useful with Virgili why sign another bloke in the mould of him??
    Is he a lefty? If so, makes perfect sense. Play one on the right, one on the left after Burns loan expires and Goodwin buggers off to Reading.

Actually it is more of a disgrace that he has one already. Has speed/has potential etc Problem is there is no end product is far too selfish and he is almost a headless chook at times with his head down at a million miles an hour effort. He has many issues that need to work on and it is almost like he has got it for his good engines and flat out attitude. Performances do not warrant it yet.

Not having a dig at the bloke as I wish him all the best but I am baffled as to why he has got a contract already as at this stage in his development I don't see him as worthy of this achievement

Until the club can do something useful with Virgili why sign another bloke in the mould of him??
    He was destined to be a professional from an early age as he was playing PL in Sydney years ago. My question for you Member is if they are signing these guys does that mean that Kale could be headed back to NBN in the next season with one of the glamour clubs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    He was destined to be a professional from an early age as he was playing PL in Sydney years ago. My question for you Member is if they are signing these guys does that mean that Kale could be headed back to NBN in the next season with one of the glamour clubs.
    ???

Until the fate of GVE is decided and he gets the arse and the club changes direction who knows.

Playing the way we do Kale has little chance of making it under GVE. Change of coach/tactics may see things change dramatically though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Is he a lefty? If so, makes perfect sense. Play one on the right, one on the left after Burns loan expires and Goodwin buggers off to Reading.
    Bloke is all right foot and plays right side

Bloke is all right foot and plays right side
    Perfect for the left side then, can cut in and let Gallaway overlap.

Perfect for the left side then, can cut in and let Gallaway overlap as the DM's give the ball away and we get scored on again
    you left a bit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    Blahhh ha ha u13s u14s Manly leaves school year 10 so gets opportunity to train during day with senior side. Speed speed speed touch of an elephant and no football brain. Watched several trial matches and all the players would throw there hands in the air with frustration everytime he got the ball and lost it. So what happens when he plays the yoof season and doesn't prove himself do they retract the contract that has been signed for the following 2years??? I don't know I thought you need more then speed to be an elite footballer maybe they can teach him to play football. Good luck to him and I may eat my words. Must have a good agent.

Pepper and Kanta resigned.

Good news

I thought they re-signed not 'resigned'

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Pepper and Kanta resigned.

Good news
    Two year deals too.

Seriously, what the fxxk is with the Jets? There is no certainty in the coaching space so putting these guys on two year contracts just means the next manager has the excuse of "oh, but this is Gary's team". It's awful management.

MIDDLEBY OUT

Two year deals too.

Seriously, what the fxxk is with the Jets? There is no certainty in the coaching space so putting these guys on two year contracts just means the next manager has the excuse of "oh, but this is Gary's team". It's awful management.

MIDDLEBY OUT
    You're just cranky that it's raining and that has an impact on the Disc Golf Course, aren't you.

Two year deals too.

MIDDLEBY OUT
    That's a bit unfair on Middleby there Grim.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    You're just cranky that it's raining and that has an impact on the Disc Golf Course, aren't you.
    Pouring rain >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 40 degree heat and gale force winds in meltingly hot Maitland. What a day that was, I nearly died.

And I hadn't finished my first bowl of coffee with that earlier post. All good now though.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    That's a bit unfair on Middleby there Grim.
    Pfft. Middleby is nothing but a shit version of a piano.

Possibly the worst joke I have ever made. Ever.
    Last edited by Grimario; 29-11-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Two year deals too.

MIDDLEBY OUT
    I don't think the club would be silly enough to employ another coach who wanted to drag out that old chestnut. This " not my squad " crap that coaches go on with is nothing more than a feeble attempt at job security.

A good coach will have more than one dimension to his views on how the game can be played, we just got stuck with a dickhead that took two years to wake up to himself and play to a game plan the boys could execute.

[QUOTE=380;54927]I don't think the club would be silly enough to employ another coach who wanted to drag out that old chestnut. This " not my squad " crap that coaches go on with is nothing more than a feeble attempt at job security.
    QUOTE]

good ;luck finding a coach who wont use it.

[QUOTE=Gary Fish;54932]
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I don't think the club would be silly enough to employ another coach who wanted to drag out that old chestnut. This " not my squad " crap that coaches go on with is nothing more than a feeble attempt at job security.
    QUOTE]

good ;luck finding a coach who wont use it.
    A coach that is winning wouldn't use it..

I agree completely GF. Coaches are so caught up in this textbook frigg'n whiteboard carriculum football thats its become hard to find one who doesn't want to turn a simple game into something so f^&*'n complicated.

With the exception of the 1st Rd Adel game last season we were playing good honest football for the first few rounds , blokes getting high and wide delivering for the big fella or taking a chance at putting one on target themselves. Then the muppet had to go on this textbook complicated rubbish and tinkering in the persuit of stats and it all went to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    With the exception of the 1st Rd Adel game last season we were playing good honest football for the first few rounds , blokes getting high and wide delivering for the big fella or taking a chance at putting one on target themselves. Then the muppet had to go on this textbook complicated rubbish and tinkering in the persuit of stats and it all went to shit.
    Revisionist history. We were just as rubbish in most those opening games as we were most of the season, just got lucky a few times.

Chapman re-signed, one year extension.