Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EURO 2012 - Poland/Ukraine

EURO 2012 - Poland/Ukraine

So nearing the business end of the competition...

What have your thoughts been? Group A certainly threw up a surprise - thought Russia were certanties. Ireland were cannon fodder and did the Netherlands actually play this tournament?

Think it will be a Spain v Germany final and ze Germans will win it 1-0. Certainly not a high scoring tournament.

Interestingly, the 0-0 draw in the England match was the first scoreless 90 minute clash of the tournament!

the games may not have been overly high scoring, but man there's been some beautiful goals.

the german goals v greece, zlatan v france, torres v robbie keane, wellbeck v sheva are the real standouts.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I'm getting rid of Setanta as soon as the semis are over - utterly shit to have to pay for such poor quality picture

and while it hasn't been the greatest football on show, it's still been entertaining and I'm enjoying the diversity of styles and tactics on show

zlatan is like a beautiful pony

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I'm getting rid of Setanta as soon as the semis are over - utterly shit to have to pay for such poor quality picture

and while it hasn't been the greatest football on show, it's still been entertaining and I'm enjoying the diversity of styles and tactics on show
    tstn has it all, french n German inc. I do miss the the topic shows though, santo ed and sam may have been good.

The spain french qf was the only bor fest i needed to fforward, Ireland came close 2nd.
    Last edited by hawk; 28-06-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Mrs Plague has pulled me up more than a few times as i grumbled about having to watch games in standard def.
    Something about "first world problems".

I will say though, getting a months worth of Dietmar Hamanns majestic scouser/german accent has made for some fascinating 4am viewing.

Alas, see you in 4 years Setanta.............

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    hamann's blinking near hypnotises me.

zlatan's post-exit interview has the be the best.

interviewer - so what are your feelings now that sweden are out of the competition?
    zlatan - i don't give a ****, i'm going on holidays.

I was pretty disappointed with this morning's game.
    First half I thought Spain controlled the game how you would expect, kept possession, kicked it around then they'd play a penetrating ball and knock it around quickly, then Negredo would lose it. He was honking. Only decent thing i can remember him doing was chasing a ball he lost, and slid tackling it into the path of Xavi (I think) or Iniesta...5am is a harsh time to remember little details. Portugal didn't do too badly, but only looked dangerous when CR had the ball.

Second half and first half of extra time was a boring affair. From a Portugal perspective, they probably could've won it. Much better second half as far as they are concerned.

It was only in the second half of extra time Spain started to show their class for extended periods, unlucky not to score. Alas penalties. Why Ronaldo wouldn't take one of the first few penalties is beyond me. He's arguably one of the best free-kick takers in the game and he didn't even take a spot kick in one of the biggest game for Portugal in the last few years. It's like J Griff not taking a penalty back in V2.

While on penalties, Portugal will probably consider themselves unlucky not to be given 2. 2 handballs, that were pretty obvious. I've certainly seen them given for less.

Overall. Im glad Spain won, I hope they play better football against Germany though. Surely Germany has to win their semi. Should be a top game if so.

The coverage from Setanta has been great, but I too, expect HD goodness for the big games.

Bye bye Setanta next week until the next big competition.

Well there you go, favourite child nuer's technique doesnt hold up

Germany struggling with team connectivity. Players aren't working together. Whereas the Italians are very flexible and working very fluid together

Oh and setanta English commentators ffs, rubbish....

Oh and bring on reus, gotze and klose

Oh and ballotelli

And why gotze isn't playing beats be. It's the usual bayern effect.

For FVCKS sake...
    2-1 was a very flattering score for the Germans too.. Well, I'll be supporting Spain in the final now..

Credit to Italy though they have been able to adapt there game style, very quickly.

I reckon they a pretty damn good chance to beat Spain.

As Spain like germany like to continually pass the ball around and move freelly. You saw how italy was allowed to smother that.

All though if Germany would have capitalised early in the game they had a few near chances the game could have turned ever way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    For FVCKS sake...
    2-1 was a very flattering score for the Germans too.. Well, I'll be supporting Spain in the final now..
    +10

I guess its bitter, haunting memories of 2006 coming back, but I just cant bring myself to say anything positive about the Italian team..

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I'm with Bon

Yep, I'm backing Spain too.

Don't know, I can't get excited about this match...

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    i'm going for italy