Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 State Cup

Federation allows charging so clubs are just obliging. If its within the rules why shouldn't clubs charge entry. Some clubs don't have a multimillionaire on the committee or a hundred sponsors. So basically a club has 9-11 guaranteed functions (home games) to make enough money to support the club that season. If they can get an extra function in through the hosting of a State Cup round well good luck to them. Its just the luck of the draw.

There will always be the people who refuse to pay the $2 to park inside the ground but drive to the front gate feigning ignorance, the people who bring there own food and drink to games. Support your club/suburb and get to the game regardless, pay the charge and buy something from the canteen and stop complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Federation allows charging so clubs are just obliging. If its within the rules why shouldn't clubs charge entry. Some clubs don't have a multimillionaire on the committee or a hundred sponsors. So basically a club has 9-11 guaranteed functions (home games) to make enough money to support the club that season. If they can get an extra function in through the hosting of a State Cup round well good luck to them. Its just the luck of the draw.

There will always be the people who refuse to pay the $2 to park inside the ground but drive to the front gate feigning ignorance, the people who bring there own food and drink to games. Support your club/suburb and get to the game regardless, pay the charge and buy something from the canteen and stop complaining.
    + 1

Does anybody know the olympic result ?

Heard lost 2-0... not confirmed 100% however... is the fed website updated yet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Federation allows charging so clubs are just obliging. If its within the rules why shouldn't clubs charge entry..
    Is this for ground entry for all Id clubs this year?

will have to check with the competition rules for ID's... but i thought you could only charge $2 for 'car entry' in ID's fixtures? not sure if it changed when they brought in ZPL either.

Heard both Scott and Dave both played for Toronto on sunday ?

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Heard both Scott and Dave both played for Toronto on sunday ?
    Yep. Close to 80 years with them together, brings the average age of the squad up to 41?
    Good to see they can still play at this level though at that age.

demon
    Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    Outrageous having to pay money to see this comp.
    I don't have a problem. Clubs incur the costs to put the day on, they ask their volunteers to turn out and help and they are left to clean up afterwards so why shouldn't they get the CHOICE. And remember thats what it is, each club can chose to charge or not.

Some clubs now pay for ground marking so thats about $150 no one helps pay for alone.

Clubs need every cent they can raise, they arranged the venue for the entertainment and each club nominates 20 people to enter for free so if you were entertained its is hardly an expensive afternoon out.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    yeah why is this a disgrace?

shouldn't the club get something for all the time and effort that goes into hosting these games?

how much did it cost you? $5?
    agreed about the time and effort, however the same effort goes into each and every weekend fixture throughout the season yet you don't charge admission outside of the top two divisions in the federation. the state cup format was introduced to generate interest in the local game and a chance for clubs from different divisions to challenge themselves against more/less competitive opposition, not necessarily to raise revenue. i can assure you that the $5 admission fee wouldn't have remained in the pockets of many spectators enjoying a day out at the football.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    well we are talking about teams from the top two divisions charging admission for the State Cup

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    well we are talking about teams from the top two divisions charging admission for the State Cup
    cups are serious business. If this shit was on tv I'd probably get sucked in to watch.

Just wondering if any other clubs having issues trying to organise a squad for Saturday's games with cricket semi's on this week.

Find it a bit of a joke that the federation didn't look into this before setting the dates. Can't see why games weren't set for the Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Raider View Post
    Just wondering if any other clubs having issues trying to organise a squad for Saturday's games with cricket semi's on this week.

Find it a bit of a joke that the federation didn't look into this before setting the dates. Can't see why games weren't set for the Sunday.
    I take your point, but Sunday wouldn't be much better as it is slated as a "backup" in the event Saturday is washed out etc.

Quote Originally Posted by supa View Post
    agreed about the time and effort, however the same effort goes into each and every weekend fixture throughout the season yet you don't charge admission outside of the top two divisions in the federation. the state cup format was introduced to generate interest in the local game and a chance for clubs from different divisions to challenge themselves against more/less competitive opposition, not necessarily to raise revenue. i can assure you that the $5 admission fee wouldn't have remained in the pockets of many spectators enjoying a day out at the football.
    It was free to get into the semi finals in coffs, yet you pay 5 bucks to watch pheonix smash westy?
    It seems a tad ridiculous...
    As someone has already said, with a couple of games on at each venue and multiple clubs involved in the day, canteen sales would easily be enough.
    I say open the doors and let an many people into local football as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    It was free to get into the semi finals in coffs, yet you pay 5 bucks to watch pheonix smash westy?
    It seems a tad ridiculous...
    As someone has already said, with a couple of games on at each venue and multiple clubs involved in the day, canteen sales would easily be enough.
    I say open the doors and let an many people into local football as possible...
    If the Fed paid for the ref's and expenses the hosting club rack up, then fine open the gates but why should the hosting club have to work all day to make a loss? On another note, I find this comp as a being a joke at best. It's format is ridiculous and very few clubs in the top 2 leagues are interested in progressing due to injury risks and cost involved. Most clubs treat this as a trial game and hope to be out before the comp starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Raider View Post

I know the Bay will have a few missing because of this...

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    If the Fed paid for the ref's and expenses the hosting club rack up, then fine open the gates but why should the hosting club have to work all day to make a loss? On another note, I find this comp as a being a joke at best. It's format is ridiculous and very few clubs in the top 2 leagues are interested in progressing due to injury risks and cost involved. Most clubs treat this as a trial game and hope to be out before the comp starts.
    what expenses are the hosting clubs paying to make it a loss?
    each team shares the cost of the refs so the only ref fees a club pays is half that of the game your club is playing.
    the host club then gets the revenue from 3-4 games (all from different clubs ie more supporters) with canteen and alcohol etc, so infact they should make a much larger profit than a regular season fixture

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post
    what expenses are the hosting clubs paying to make it a loss?
    each team shares the cost of the refs so the only ref fees a club pays is half that of the game your club is playing.
    the host club then gets the revenue from 3-4 games (all from different clubs ie more supporters) with canteen and alcohol etc, so infact they should make a much larger profit than a regular season fixture
    3 to 4 games? I've only seen 2 played at each of the grounds I've been to for the State Cup.
    It's the expenses of preparing the grounds, equipment, ammenities and if a night game the power for the lights. How much margine do you think is on food and drinks in the canteens? the crowd that attend the 2 matches wouldn't cover the costs through canteen alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    3 to 4 games? I've only seen 2 played at each of the grounds I've been to for the State Cup.
    It's the expenses of preparing the grounds, equipment, ammenities and if a night game the power for the lights. How much margine do you think is on food and drinks in the canteens? the crowd that attend the 2 matches wouldn't cover the costs through canteen alone.
    in interdisctrict comp 5 grounds have 3 games while 2 grounds have 2 fixtures
    cannot see how a club is running it at a loss when they dont have to pay referees. grounds would be prepared for trials and upcoming comp (may need a touch up) and would have the necessary equipment already?

the game which i attended last year we were first game and our supporters stuck round till half way through 3rd game and i can say for sure the host club made alot of money in canteen sales with a massive number of supporters drinking. they would have made a very nice profit for the day
    Last edited by true waterboy; 13-03-2013 at 12:20 PM.