Page 40 of 79 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

unbelievable.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Smeltz has been cleared. No case to answer. Joke!!
    Its the FFA

They have a repeated history of ****ing things up. They were never likely to suspend him for it anyway

Good news is now Hutcho has retired we now have found our new No1 **** to hate on.

Welcome Shane Smeltz

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    What is worse for Birraz fanbois....a few weeks of BK or seeing his pretty face FUBAR?

I note that nobody has picked up on his flap attack in the first half, or that worrying technique he has of letting the ball bounce off his hands rather than catch it outright.

No worry though that 10 mins of BK means the sky is falling. Gonna be a fun couple of weeks in this thread!
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Disgrace

Ref saw it and to appropriate action... Which was aparrently to let play continue and restart later with a drop ball.
    But... But.. But didn't you read the article up above? Shane is the victim..
    He knows how much it hurts, and how worse it is to be the one kicking the people in the face..

In all seriousness though..
    If he gets let off without any form of reprimand for what he did, then it is an absolute joke..
    Last edited by Bon; 19-10-2015 at 03:18 PM.

Accident? Really?
    Then the bloke need to permanently wear a Balotelli v Man U shirt underneath for the next time it happens....

so angry about this, confirmed on herald website

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Its the FFA

They have a repeated history of ****ing things up. They were never likely to suspend him for it anyway

Good news is now Hutcho has retired we now have found our new No1 **** to hate on.

Welcome Shane Smeltz
    FFA not looking after their employee!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Tbh, I'm more worried about Peter Green. You accidentally trip a bloke and it's a free kick, you kick a player in the head and it's a drop ball? I'll be surprised if we see him for a few weeks.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Tbh, I'm more worried about Peter Green. You accidentally trip a bloke and it's a free kick, you kick a player in the head and it's a drop ball? I'll be surprised if we see him for a few weeks.
    Why be worried about him??

The rest of the clowns with the whistle ain't much better

Who they gonna replace him with??
    The bloke who looks like Tando Velaphi or that clown Shaun Evans??

FMD

Best dig Matthew Breeze back up cause he is 10 times the ref than the current clowns will ever be

Its the FFA

Welcome Shane Smeltz
    We all hate Smeltz thread
    LORD GRIFF

thought it was fair enough TBH but wouldn't have been too fazed if Smeltz got a week or two.

I think the bigger issue was Biraz admitting today that Smeltz was "one my very good friends".
    Surely Jets hierarchy can come down hard on the bloke for such rash statements tainting the 'brand'.

As usual though Miller will prob just do nothing. Toothless tiger and all that.

Miller OUT
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Not surprised whatsoever with the verdict. I actually would've been surprised if Smeltz was asked to appear at the MRP.
    This is "Smeltzy" afterall, one of the pin-up boyz of the HAL, playing for Bling FC...Lowy's club. Sickening the way Kossie was talking about him last night on Shootout as if he was his little bumboy, Zelic comments too were disappointing to here, though not as blatantly supportive of Smeltz. Then you had Rudan tonight discussing the incident with Hill and surprise surprise being an ex-SFC player/captain...of course he is going to take Smeltzy's side and say that it was a 50-50 ball....yeah right fark off Rudes.
    My opinion of these guys has taken a nosedive after hereing how they viewed the sickening incident and the way Kossie quickly pounced on Kanta's tackle saying it was much worse than Smeltz's.....NO Kossie compare how Naumoff came off after the incident with Kanta as compared to Birraz....NO comparison. Yes, Kanta's lunge/tackle had the "potential" to be worse than Smeltz's but there is a big difference to potential to what actually happened.
    Anyway kudos to Bozza, the man at least had the balls to come out and say what was right for the game and the players welfare, not be swayed b other agendas or allegiances. He summed it up perfectly when he said that Smeltz did not show any duty of care towards his fellow player. It's times like this when you see the real characters of people. Bozza...Legend!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    thought it was fair enough TBH but wouldn't have been too fazed if Smeltz got a week or two.

I think the bigger issue was Biraz admitting today that Smeltz was "one my very good friends".
    Surely Jets hierarchy can come down hard on the bloke for such rash statements tainting the 'brand'.

As usual though Miller will prob just do nothing. Toothless tiger and all that.

Miller OUT
    ....what?

Quote Originally Posted by Liam26 View Post
    ....what?
    Pretty straight forward my brother.
    I'll break the summary down to three main talking points.

1. Decision was fair enough.

2. Miller has done nothing.

3. Griff remains all conquering.

great to see plague remains "on message" with point 3
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    great to see plague remains "on message" with point 3
    #brands #branding #onmessage #onpoint #postoftheday #griff #staywoke #jetfuelcantmeltsteelbeams

BATTERED but not broken, Jets goalkeeper Mark Birighitti hopes to play against A-League champions Melbourne Victory at Hunter Stadium on Friday night.

Birighitti had four teeth dislodged – two of which are believed to be buried in the turf at Turton Road – and required more than 40 stitches in his mouth and lip after being kicked in the face by Sydney FC striker Shane Smeltz in a drama-charged 1-0 loss to the Sky Blues on Saturday night.

Smeltz has been widely condemned for not pulling out of the challenge as Birighitti slid along the ground to grab a through ball.

But the Kiwi has escaped further scrutiny after referee Peter Green confirmed on Monday that he viewed the incident and deemed it accidental.

Birighitti had two teeth reinserted on Monday and will have further dental work on Wednesday.

‘‘I was worried at the start that there might be structural damage, but fortunately that is not the case,’’ said Birighitti, whose mother flew in from Perth on Monday to aid his recovery.

‘‘Certainly it could have been much worse.

‘‘My lip is swollen but I’m not in any pain which is a good sign.

‘‘I had a chat with the gaffer (Scott Miller) this morning and will sit down tomorrow with [goalkeeping coach] Jesse Vanstrattan and Justin Dougherty, the physio, and see where we are at.

‘‘I’m hoping to do modified sessions throughout the week.

‘‘I’m not ruling myself out for Friday night.

‘‘I’m keen to get back out there as soon as possible.

‘‘I want to do it for the players and the club itself, the club is heading in the right direction.

‘‘Also the reception I got from the fans coming off the field [on Saturday] was amazing.

‘‘Since then I have received a lot of support on social media.

‘‘I definitely want to give something back to them as well.’’

Ben Kennedy replaced Birighitti against Sydney and will start in goals on Friday if the 24-year-old is not cleared.

Under FIFA regulations, the Smeltz challenge could not be referred to the A-League Match Review Panel for investigation because it had been dealt with on field, much to the frustration of Birighitti.
    Tough as old nails

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/34...o-play/?cs=306

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    'Am I ever gunna see your face again?'

'Shane Smeltz, get ****ed, **** off'
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    "Can I come along and kick your face again"

Then your second line
    Safe to say, I've been thinking about this…

"He plays for Sydney now, he used to play for Perth.
    His name is Shane Smeltz and he's worse than afterbirth.
    Can I come along and kick your face again?
    No way etc."

I think nay chant we now come up with for birraz must include a reference to this incident, and be sung with a lisp.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Not surprised whatsoever with the verdict. I actually would've been surprised if Smeltz was asked to appear at the MRP.
    This is "Smeltzy" afterall, one of the pin-up boyz of the HAL, playing for Bling FC...Lowy's club. Sickening the way Kossie was talking about him last night on Shootout as if he was his little bumboy, Zelic comments too were disappointing to here, though not as blatantly supportive of Smeltz. Then you had Rudan tonight discussing the incident with Hill and surprise surprise being an ex-SFC player/captain...of course he is going to take Smeltzy's side and say that it was a 50-50 ball....yeah right fark off Rudes.
    My opinion of these guys has taken a nosedive after hereing how they viewed the sickening incident and the way Kossie quickly pounced on Kanta's tackle saying it was much worse than Smeltz's.....NO Kossie compare how Naumoff came off after the incident with Kanta as compared to Birraz....NO comparison. Yes, Kanta's lunge/tackle had the "potential" to be worse than Smeltz's but there is a big difference to potential to what actually happened.
    Anyway kudos to Bozza, the man at least had the balls to come out and say what was right for the game and the players welfare, not be swayed b other agendas or allegiances. He summed it up perfectly when he said that Smeltz did not show any duty of care towards his fellow player. It's times like this when you see the real characters of people. Bozza...Legend!!!
    I agree with what most of what you wrote except for the bit comparing Kantas tackle and Smeltzs tackle

Kantas tackle worse case scenario is old mate he attempted to hack has ACL badly broken legs/ankles and may never play again

Smeltzs tackle worse case scenario is a kick to the head could have been fatal to Birraz

To me Birraz got off pretty well with stitches claret missing teeth etc. Broken Jaw Cheekbones Eye Sockets could have happened easily let alone other conditions that can occur due to blows to a human head

Reality is the potential severity of injury was far greater in Smeltzs tackle than in Kantas