Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

Heard one of the commentators the other night say that Gaelkovic (Adelaide) could make the Socceroos squad....If he gets in over Biraz ill be pi$$ed
    There is a reason Birraz left Adelaide - Galekovic being that reason. He has been in the top two A-League keepers the last few years.

I dispute the thread title btw.......
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 24-12-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Also with langerak and the gypsie turd lookkng like they have two of the positions wrapped up, an older head would be handy in the squad.

Then why not Covic then? He's played in Europe, been to a World Cup, and is one of the top keepers in the aleague!

Although he can't kick for shit.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    There is a reason Birraz left Adelaide - Galekovic being that reason
    Where is Captain Obvious when you need him...

My point is that he has clearly shown he is better then Galekovic when given the chance

Quote Originally Posted by Newieutd View Post
    My point is that he has clearly shown he is better then Galekovic when given the chance
    No

He certainly has a hell of a lot more upside than Galekovic who is at his peak. He won't ever be better than a good A-League keeper whereas Birraz will be leaving us before too long methinks and playing in Europe somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    He certainly has a hell of a lot more upside than Galekovic who is at his peak. He won't ever be better than a good A-League keeper whereas Birraz will be leaving us before too long methinks and playing in Europe somewhere.
    IMO he's a good shot-stopper but needs to take command of his box a bit more. Has been caught flapping at high balls a bit too much for my liking.

He can't catch, yes, good keeper but poor at catching, can't see him going any higher then ALeague standard

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    He can't catch,
    Well **** me, hasn't the lad done a bang up job so far of keeping that shit a secret.
    You'd think the likes of a First team coach or position coaches would pick that up.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Well **** me, hasn't the lad done a bang up job so far of keeping that shit a secret.
    You'd think the likes of a First team coach or position coaches would pick that up.
    I think it has taken alot of us time to realise he struggles with some crosses. His shot stopping has covered over his weaknesses - I do trust that Bobby C is working on this with him.

World's Best Kept Secret right here:

http://youtu.be/hzqJf6lnloM?t=6m50s

But seriously, I don't get the hate, Birraz has been great this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Bump....

I think it has taken alot of us time to realise he struggles with some crosses. His shot stopping has covered over his weaknesses - I do trust that Bobby C is working on this with him.
    That was very poor last night...at least try to get to the ball.

Partly at fault for both goals last night IMO.
    He's not his usual self in recent weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Partly at fault for both goals last night IMO.
    He's not his usual self in recent weeks.
    And is kicking game really needs to improve... (Prob has a bit lately now we don't play from the back anymore!!) but...... maybe times to put pressure on him and bring back BK

First goal was poor positioning by Birraz, given it went to the near post. However, if it had gone far post he had it covered easily. As for the second, could he have done better? Possibly, but it is hard when you have beachump standing in front of you.....

And I'll make the point lquiquer, weren't you one of those calling for the coach to keep faith in Brown after 28 poor performances in a row? Biraz has a couple of blues and it's the door for him? Biraz on his bad days is so much better than Kennedy.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    First goal was poor positioning by Birraz, given it went to the near post. However, if it had gone far post he had it covered easily. As for the second, could he have done better? Possibly, but it is hard when you have beachump standing in front of you.....

And I'll make the point lquiquer, weren't you one of those calling for the coach to keep faith in Brown after 28 poor performances in a row? Biraz has a couple of blues and it's the door for him? Biraz on his bad days is so much better than Kennedy.
    When it comes to Brown you got the wrong bloke Thomas477.....Can't believe how many chances he had under GVE....So not sure where your statement is coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    When it comes to Brown you got the wrong bloke Thomas477.....Can't believe how many chances he had under GVE....So not sure where your statement is coming from?
    Apologies if it wasn't you, but the statement is still as valid. We should stick with Biraz, not drop him and muck around with his confidence, as people were saying with Brown and Goodwun. Young keepers make **** ups, but that's what we get for going young. Biraz is still the better option over Kennedy.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I think he needs a benching just to wake him up. He still fails to dominate his area and that will be a big concern as the other clubs start to realise this.

As for confidence, being dropped can only do the kid good as a learning experience - he needs to know the lows and how to fight for his position. BK was dropped as previous player of the year through no real fault of his own - and has been through much worse than Birraz.

I think he needs a benching just to wake him up. He still fails to dominate his area and that will be a big concern as the other clubs start to realise this.

As for confidence, being dropped can only do the kid good as a learning experience - he needs to know the lows and how to fight for his position. BK was dropped as previous player of the year through no real fault of his own - and has been through much worse than Birraz.
    That was probably GVE's reasoning when he dropped Goodwin last season. Look what's happened since.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    That was probably GVE's reasoning when he dropped Goodwin last season. Look what's happened since.
    Or Brown.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out