Page 29 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Did not see that coming
    Surest sign it was a decision based on Stabbins tenure

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Surest sign it was a decision based on Stabbins tenure
    Yep
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Let the Biraz v Bk battle re commence
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    re commence,

I'm not sure it ever went away.

The birraz fanbois seemed very insecure about ti all consistently bringing it up into almost every thread.

Hopefully his taste of European football has him return driven to perform at more constent level, push BK back to bench, keep clean sheet after clean sheet and be mightly phased if he ever ****s up as badly as he did in the derby.

Feels like it never ended, at least Miller and JP don't have to worry about the GK position anymore, can use the 10 remaining spots to strengthen everywhere else on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    Wait for the Member
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Wait for the Member
    He'll dive at the chance. It won't get past him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Did not see that coming
    Attachment 1103
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Paging la baz & butch
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    Best day since Griff came back

Now we can only hope Miller and JPD can free up some money in the Salary Cap for the rest of squad strengthening that is needed by getting our second choice keeper on 6 figures a deal elsewhere so we can pick up an appropriately paid 2nd stringer

**** Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Best day since Griff came back

Now we can only hope Miller and JPD can free up some money in the Salary Cap for the rest of squad strengthening that is needed by getting our second choice keeper on 6 figures a deal elsewhere so we can pick up an appropriately paid 2nd stringer

**** Yeah
    Club could always hire and re-train Kale as a backup Keeper. He's got **** all chance of ever playing as a striker in the A-league.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Paging la baz & butch
    Have to agree with old mate member on this one. One of the best things to come out of all this. International standard keeper returns, helps da boiz seal the deal. Happy days. Big fan of the new club.

Banned
    MARK Birighitti has returned from Italy and is intent on resuming his career at the Newcastle Jets.

The 24-year-old keeper, who had been on loan at Serie B club Varese, told the Herald on Friday that he had accepted a like-for-like offer from new owners Football Federation Australia for the final year of his Jets contract.

‘‘I’m excited at the chance of a fresh start in Newcastle,’’ he said from Perth, where he has been visiting family.

‘‘Perth were an option, and there were others, but I felt the best move was to head back to Newcastle.’’ - – MARK BIRIGHITTI

‘‘I have been thinking about it for the past couple of weeks. ‘‘I had options in the A-League and also in Europe, but the news on Thursday regarding the appointment of Scott Miller [coach] and Jean-Paul de Marigny [assistant] made my mind up.

‘‘I feel they have the right qualities to get the best out of myself and everyone else that has signed at the Jets.

‘‘I think we can be a real force in the coming season.’’

The Jets player of the year for the 2013-14 season, Birighitti would have been a free agent had he not agreed to carry across his contract.

‘‘Perth were an option, and there were others, but I felt the best move was to head back to Newcastle,’’ he said.

See your ad here
    ‘‘I played my best football there and love the place and the people.

‘‘With the Jets’ passionate fans and members, I didn’t want to go to another club.

Birighitti, despite starting only two games, had no regrets about his move to Italy.

‘‘Italy was a fantastic experience, don’t get me wrong,’’ he said. ‘‘I learned a whole new game over there.

‘‘But I feel for me and my career, coming back to Newcastle is the right move. It is a fresh start under new management. I want to achieve big things with this club.’’

A member of the Socceroos’ train-on squad for the 2014 World Cup, Birighitti had lost his starting spot to Ben Kennedy when he left the Jets in January.

Newcastle product Kennedy went on to be one of the Jets’ better performers in a disastrous campaign.

‘‘That is always a challenge,’’ Birighitti said.

‘‘When players are fighting for their position it brings out the best in them.

‘‘I look forward to coming back and getting into it.’’

The Jets are yet to appoint a goalkeeping coach.

‘‘I’m sure Scott Miller and JP are smart operators and will bring in the right person for the job,’’ he said.

‘‘I had a little bit to do with JP when I went away with the Australian under17s.

‘‘We start pre-season Monday and I can’t wait to get into it.’’

The Jets are expected to confirm Birighitti’s deal on Saturday, extending the number of senior players on the roster to 13.

Melbourne City striker-turned-right back Jason Hoffman is the latest to be linked to the club.

The 26-year-old is contracted to City until the end of the 2015-15 season but is understood to be open to a return to his home club.

Miller flew to England on Friday to finalise his move to Newcastle, leaving de Marigny to oversee the opening fortnight of the pre-season.
    As much as Birraz's return enthuses me the damage done if the Hoff returns will outweigh it

Yeah cool cool so everyone wants me and Europe is so super sweet but really I want to go back to the club that dropped me in favour of Ben ****ing Kennedy.

Cool story bro.

I hope he comes back tho and has blinders every week and catches every ball and stops every shot and never lets a goal in and I'll cheer him louder than anyone.

As much as Birraz's return enthuses me the damage done if the Hoff returns will outweigh it
    Agh, yep. But it's signings like Hoffman that I'm afraid we can expect given the budget restraints and ridiculous salary cap money being spent elsewhere

Now to find out who the goalkeeper coach is....hopefully someone not fooled by Birraz pretty boy flapping and works on his technical failings.

Been some while since I have been on here but have been reading through a few topics.
    Birighitti has undoubted potential but like most young players the difference between being good, great and brilliant is a measure of the coach's capacity to get the best out of the player.
    He has the potential to be in the NT setup and when he is switched on he would be the best gk in the aleague.
    Great news and looking forward to seeing his development under the new coaches. I am sure with millers experience working in the big leagues and de marigny having worked at MV that getting the best out of birighitti will go a long way to plugging our defensive woes!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    Been some while since I have been on here but have been reading through a few topics.
    Birighitti has undoubted potential but like most young players the difference between being good, great and brilliant is a measure of the coach's capacity to get the best out of the player.
    He has the potential to be in the NT setup and when he is switched on he would be the best gk in the aleague.
    Great news and looking forward to seeing his development under the new coaches. I am sure with millers experience working in the big leagues and de marigny having worked at MV that getting the best out of birighitti will go a long way to plugging our defensive woes!
    Great post
    Welcome to the foz

Hoffman, Australia says NO