Page 72 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1567

Thread: The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

pretty much just shows that Facebook is for losers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    pretty much just shows that Facebook is for losers.
    What's FB?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Maybe I think he is a not A-League level
    Are back up keepers meant to be? If so, wouldn't they want to leave and start for another club, kind of like Janjetovic has?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Are back up keepers meant to be? If so, wouldn't they want to leave and start for another club, kind of like Janjetovic has?
    Just never liked Redmayne and his body language every time, every time he concedes a goal.... it reflects to me as a weakness
    Dare to Zlatan

Oh I'm not disagreeing he's a terribly awful gk but as back up to one of the best in the league, he's hardly a bad option.

Herald confirmed recently we're signing Arcaba so was Janjetovic actually ever on our radar? Arcaba sounds like a cheaper option so I'm inclined to believe with our management, being the supreme tight asses that they have shown themselves to be, Arcaba was more likely all we were ever gonna open the purse-strings for...
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/43...bridge/?cs=306
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned
    Being how good Arcaba went last night

I thinking 12 month deal on minimum wage as back up to Duncan

BK can go play NPL

Discuss

BK can go play NPL

Discuss
    All for it. He has some mistakes in his game but deadest throws everything he's got at it. At the very least it's entertaining.

BK can go play NPL

Discuss
    He is a much better keeper than BK. Bye Bye BK take your standing still, flappy hands and shit haircuts elsewhere that is suitable for your level (I am thinking All Age)

BK can go play NPL

Discuss
    Haven't seen a backup keeper come in with as mcuh confidence since Neil Young. Throws his body on the line
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Haven't seen a backup keeper come in with as mcuh confidence since Neil Young. Throws his body on the line
    Absolutely! That first ball he took diving head first outstretched to get it before their striker did set a great precedent for his "body on the line" keeping the rest of the game.. I was very impressed..
    (Also quite happy that it wasnt Smeltz playing up front for them, or else he may be having surgery right now.. )

Arcaba has been good for a stand in. Good on him.

Arcaba made some great saves against Brisbane. Credit to him

remember when this was our best thread?

ahhhh simpler times.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    JETS chief executive Lawrie McKinna views Ben Kennedy as a potential first-choice goalkeeper but admits the club is unlikely to offer him more than a one-season contract extension.

Kennedy, the home-grown 30-year-old, has played in 114 A-League games for Newcastle but only twice in the past two seasons.

His 2016-17 campaign was cruelled days before the first round when he suffered a season-ending ruptured Achilles tendon.

In his absence, Jack Duncan has established himself in goal and reports have surfaced this week that Kennedy is considering a two-year deal from a rival club, believed to be Central Coast.

McKinna said the Jets hoped to retain Kennedy and had offered a one-year deal, subject to him passing a medical.

“Ben’s been a good servant to the club and we’ve done the right thing and made the boy an offer, but it’s up to him to decide,’’ McKinna told the Newcastle Herald.

“Obviously if he wants to join another club – and we understand the Mariners are interested – we’d have to look at signing another keeper.’’

Asked if the Jets viewed Kennedy as a back-up gloveman, as he was last season when Mark Birighitti was entrenched in the No.1 jersey, McKinna replied: “Not really.

“He’s played a lot of first-team games now and we need two competitive goalkeepers. Jack Duncan has done a good job for us but we’d like two keepers fighting for the spot each week.’’
    The Mariners are searching for a replacement for custodian Paul Izzo, who has played 40 games for them in the past two seasons but is returning to his original club, Adelaide.

Kennedy has a connection with Central Coast goalkeeping coach Matthew Nash, who played eight games for the Jets between 2010 and 2012.

McKinna indicated Newcastle would not budge on the one-season extension.

“The club’s been fair,’’ McKinna said. “We’ve made our offer. We think one year is fair and reasonable.

“If he plays well, he’ll get another two- or three-year deal.’’

Kennedy is one of 11 Newcastle players off contract, along with imports Morten Nordstrand, Mateo Poljak and Ma Leilei, regulars Andrew Hoole, Daniel Mullen and Ben Kantarovski, veteran Labinot Haliti and rookies Kristian Brymora, Joel Allwright and Harry Sawyer.

Kantarovski, Newcastle’s most-capped player with 138 A-League appearances, might have to wait until season’s end to learn if the club intends to retain him.

“We’ve not spoken to Ben yet,’’ McKinna said.

“A few of the boys, we’ve already extended their contracts, and there’s some boys we’re talking to at the moment. The other boys, we’ll just leave it until the end of the season, and Ben’s one of these ones.’’

The off-contract players have Newcastle’s remaining games – against Western Sydney on Saturday, the Mariners and Sydney FC – to state their case for retention.

After missing the finals for the seventh straight season, another roster cleanout appears inevitable.

Surely the Gypo is taking the piss giving this bloke an offer

I don't care if it's some leftover bullshit from the way they spoke when he was a kid but when discussing an employee and especially his future employment prospects, you never, ever refer to him as 'the boy'.

Show some god damn respect for your employees.

Surely the Gypo is taking the piss giving this bloke an offer
    Surely the bloke is taking the piss if he even consider playing for the Gypos...
    Dare to Zlatan

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I don't care if it's some leftover bullshit from the way they spoke when he was a kid but when discussing an employee and especially his future employment prospects, you never, ever refer to him as 'the boy'.

Show some god damn respect for your employees.
    Agree
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

For those keeping score, this would count as another of Jones' signings.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    For those keeping score, this would count as another of Jones' signings.
    If he re-signed? BK is a Nick Theo signing. People can then finally say, if he leaves, "Finally we got rid of the Nick Theo stink on this club" - however, Nick Theo also had Griff signed (by Remo and Liolio no doubt) under his watch.