Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879
Results 1,561 to 1,566 of 1566

Thread: The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Still think we should be chasing a bonafide #1. Good to have Big Mike as an option tho. Can't stress the importance of having Two 1st choice goalkeepers in your squad
    I agree and disagree. There are better keepers in the league, but those keepers are also got given time to grow and become good.

I think if we don't sign another proven keeper I can accept it, as long as Weir is the starter and not Duncan

The level of GK across the league has dropped off, so I think these two are good enough. Weier looks like he has potential to be top quality too.

City are winning the league with Tom Glover in goals, he makes Duncan look like prime Kahn every other week. I think GK is the least of our worries next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

*Bump*

Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

I don't see these guys in training like the coaches do. But Weier ended the season well and deserved the number 1 spot over Duncan.

Weier deserves to keep the spot In my opinion. These things are quite bizarre and frustrating for us supporters, so It must be extremely difficult for players like Weier.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I don't see these guys in training like the coaches do. But Weier ended the season well and deserved the number 1 spot over Duncan.

Weier deserves to keep the spot In my opinion. These things are quite bizarre and frustrating for us supporters, so It must be extremely difficult for players like Weier.
    Personally neither Weier or Duncan were good enough. Weier proved last year he is nothing but a stopgap until we find a better one. I'm willing to give Scott a chance

Duncan at one point was a starting quality GK, then he flapped about for too long and was deservedly dropped. Easy to justify. He had some great saves in him but brain fades.

Weier probably isn't good enough to start anywhere else but showed enough promise to deserve the gig over Duncan at the time. He wasn't perfect but had slightly less brain fades and more command of his backline. Better on the ball than Duncan too.

Scott was a starting GK for a single season before being dropped. He is one year older than Weier. His CV alone isn't enough to earn him the starting spot so it had to be a decision based off training. All he's shown so far has been flapping and brain fades without any real ability to make saves. Looks decent with the ball at his feet at least.

So both Weier and Scott are basically backup quality GKs fighting for a starting spot who we hope to improve into starting quality. Weier has shown he isn't amazing but also better than Duncan, Scott so far has shown he's probably worse than Duncan. Hopefully they are swapped out before the regular season starts and not every few weeks like we did last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.