Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    This is a legitimate question to the guys arguing for BK to be our number 1, or ever have:

Do you think that BK would be the next choice GK for Ange's Roos, if one or more of Ryan, Langerak, Eugene & Biraz were unavailable?
    How do you reason that? Because Biraz was in the development squad?
    So then you're saying that Sarkies and Musalik were next in line in 2006 in case of injuries.

Biraz went over there as part of the development squad didn't he? Not because he was the 4th best keeper in Oz.

and to answer your question: no.

Do you think that had Eugene, Langerak and Ryan all got injured Biraz would have started vs Chile?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Who? The same bloke that picked Alex Wilkinson?
    OK.

By that rationale you're saying in 2006 Stu Musalik was our best player and likewise Kristin Sarkies for the Victory.

You surely don't think that do you?
    Yeah, as opposed to the plethora of other awesome centre backs that we had available.

And again, class vs form.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    So we should have taken Alex Tobin and Craig Moore then?

You're almost as bad as the member.

How do you reason that? Because Biraz was in the development squad?
    So then you're saying that Sarkies and Musalik were next in line in 2006 in case of injuries.

Biraz went over there as part of the development squad didn't he? Not because he was the 4th best keeper in Oz.

and to answer your question: no.

Do you think that had Eugene, Langerak and Ryan all got injured Biraz would have started vs Chile?
    Why was Biraz chosen to be in the "development squad" as you call it (where did this phrase come from?) but BK wasn't?

Yes Biraz was taken over to Brazil as the 4th keeper so if any of the keepers had injuries prior to the Chile game, he would be put into the squad. If all three of the other keepers got injured, Biraz would have played.
    OK

Banned
    Yeah, as opposed to the plethora of other awesome centre backs that we had available.

Not wishing to be a shit stirring **** as I do agree with the line you are on Grimario.

If all those blokes were unavailable I am pretty confident Ange would have been on the blower getting Schwarzer and Birraz would still be riding the pine.

Even then Federici or Brad Jones before Birraz got on the pitch.

Does though reflect the point though on class though as none had the form.

Also anyone who thinks that Birraz aint the better keeper pound for pound is smoking crack

You're almost as bad as the member.
    That is both the highest and lowest form of praise you could give someone.

The guy that has been part of the Australian youth set up since he came onto the scene, the guy that had a massive drop in form after rumours of him moving to the bundesliga, the guy that went to Brazil as part of the extended WC squad.... is nowhere near as good as the guy who will never be more than an okay A-League player if he is at the absolute peak of his form.

smh, have heard everything.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Why was Biraz chosen to be in the "development squad" as you call it (where did this phrase come from?) but BK wasn't? .
    I don't know.
    Why was Musalik taken over Griff back in 2006?
    Why was Sarkies taken over my three legged dog back in 2006?
    You'd have to ask the manager that.

The guy that has been part of the Australian youth set up since he came onto the scene, the guy that had a massive drop in form after rumours of him moving to the bundesliga, the guy that went to Brazil as part of the extended WC squad.... is nowhere near as good as the guy who will never be more than an okay A-League player if he is at the absolute peak of his form.

smh, have heard everything.
    So he shouldn't have been dropped last year? You think we should have stuck with him regardless of how many 50 yarders he let in?

And caaarrrnnn Member, get in here, you are dying to shitstir.

(Agree with your point re: Brad Jones/Federici etc getting a call up before Biraz).

So he shouldn't have been dropped last year? You think we should have stuck with him regardless of how many 50 yarders he let in?
    He absolutely should have been dropped.

I'd agree the Birraz is the better keeper.....when his form is there. I don't think there is a massive gulf between Birraz and BK though.

But if Birraz is displaying the form he had when his head was elsewhere towards the end of last season, then he should be on the bench. This is where its up to him to use the preseason the show that his head is now in the right place, he wants to be here (even if it is to put himself in the shop window OS) and he has the form to back the talent.

Thats where earning the place comes from. Its much more than smashing yourself in preseason.

I don't want to see any player picked purely on name, or past ability when their on field and training pitch form has been crap.

Banned
    And caaarrrnnn Member, get in here, you are dying to shitstir.

(Agree with your point re: Brad Jones/Federici etc getting a call up before Biraz).
    No need to shit stir lets just deal with reality

Birraz is a heaps better keeper than BK every day of the week ending in Y

I would even go as far as saying Solari should be upgraded to the No2 spot as soon as he sorts his kicking out which is deadset ****ed as he is a better prospect.

BK will be back in the NPL before too long anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I would even go as far as saying Solari should be upgraded to the No2 spot as soon as he sorts his kicking out which is deadset ****ed as he is a better prospect.

BK will be back in the NPL before too long anyway
    On second thoughts, might be best if you sit this one out.
    We were having a semi reasonable conversation before you turned up.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Birraz better keeper. Had a drop in form last season subsequently dropped- fair enough. New season and for people to say birraz shouldn't be number 1 because instead of playing Weston he's been playing for the pick of the league against the juventus? Yeah cool story bro. There's still 2 months of preseason to go ffs plenty of time to gain the much needed experience against west wallsends reserves.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Hahaha normal service resumes

Banned
    You asked for me to get involved don't complain at what I say cause you don't like it.

I ain't having a dig at BK I do reckon that Solari will be playing plenty of first team football for us one day.

If he sorts his kicking out he ain't that far away now.

That is the reality of it. BK will be the perennial bridesmaid for us until we let him go

Both in form, birraz > BK.

If both not in form, birraz > BK.

BK in form >>> birraz out of form.

Birraz in form >>>>> bk out of form.

Bk was the scapegoat for many many lazy armchair "Monday experts" who think playing in goals with the kids in the back yard makes them a goalkeeping expert, some of the abuse he copped a few years back was atrocious... And a hangover of that continues.

The gap between the two is not massive.

Starting spot v CCM round one should go to whoever is in form, AND in that "form" calculation must be how we'll they work with, and as a part of, the whole defensive unit.

You asked for me to get involved don't complain at what I say cause you don't like it.
    Pfffffft, as if you wait to be asked to join in anyway.
    Am willing to bet that Solari won't be picked in front of BK (on form) in any A-League matches this year.

{checks pv4's avatar}

Errrrrrrrrrr,
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG