Page 16 of 79 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger-86 View Post
    I notice this thread wasnt bumped after he pulled of the one on one save. How selective are some memorys
    Read my previous post...he is a great shotstopper, but he gets lost in his area far too often.

better effort v City. That diving punch off villas boot was guts. edit may have been with his head lol
    Last edited by hawk; 30-10-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    better effort v City. That diving punch off villas boot was guts.
    Wasn't it with his head?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Wasn't it with his head?
    It was with his head.. Great effort

Great flapping for the fourth today.
    Serious though how shit is BK huh.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Serious though how shit is BK huh.
    After watching BK play Yoof last week and he stood still and watched a shot from 30m go past him and into the net cause he had NFI where his goal was I am content putting up with Birraz's occasional blunder.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Birraz's occasional blunder.

If you pulled a root as 'occasionally' as that you'd be Don Juan himself.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    The scary bit is, that there wasn't even a flap..
    I'm not a goalkeeper (well, not since Mo-town under 7s), but I would have thought that if you come running out and are actually allowed to use your arms, that you would at least get em up and out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    The scary bit is, that there wasn't even a flap..
    I'm not a goalkeeper (well, not since Mo-town under 7s), but I would have thought that if you come running out and are actually allowed to use your arms, that you would at least get em up and out there?
    he left it for kew. kew left it for birra. comedy capers. (pretty sure it was that goal)

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    he left it for kew.
    keeper coming out should always take the ball from a defender coming back towards goal.

not saying he was right, just saying how I saw it. and for the record, he should have punched it so hard that it would still be going up.

not saying he was right, just saying how I saw it. and for the record, he should have punched it so hard that it would still be going up.
    Like the one he punched in the first half... the one he could have easy caught
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Like the one he punched in the first half... the one he could have easy caught
    I thought the same thing at the time, but thinking about it now, I don't have a problem with punching when you're uncertain.

thinking further on the matter, we clearly have a communication problem in the back line (not saying it is or isn't birra's fault). can recall a couple of instances in the previous matches where Neville has hoofed it out for a corner/throw in cause he thought he was under pressure when he had metres of clear grass around him. add that to all our dodgy defending and I'm wondering if they've all forgotten how to yell.

I thought the same thing at the time, but thinking about it now, I don't have a problem with punching when you're uncertain.

thinking further on the matter, we clearly have a communication problem in the back line (not saying it is or isn't birra's fault). can recall a couple of instances in the previous matches where Neville has hoofed it out for a corner/throw in cause he thought he was under pressure when he had metres of clear grass around him. add that to all our dodgy defending and I'm wondering if they've all forgotten how to yell.
    Birraz out.. Has had a hand in a goal all 3 games now.
    Front post vs city.
    Doesn't claim against Mariners
    And doesn't claim against Wellington.
    How many more blunders

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Newy View Post
    Birraz out.. Has had a hand in a goal all 3 games now.
    Front post vs city.
    Doesn't claim against Mariners
    And doesn't claim against Wellington.
    How many more blunders
    Considering his blunder count for the year actually sits at 1 and the rest of them you are just full of shit blaming him when he ain't at fault probably not.

Also did anyone mention last time BK played NYL he just stood still and watched a ball go straight past him from 30 yards as he had NFI where his goal was.

Yeah that was a bigger **** up than Birrazs howler at the weekend but seen by 100 or so people and the coaching staff who count

It's not just the blunders....he is getting found out and looking less confident every game.

Would take Vukovic over Birraz tomorrow.

Considering his blunder count for the year actually sits at 1 and the rest of them you are just full of shit blaming him when he ain't at fault probably not.

Also did anyone mention last time BK played NYL he just stood still and watched a ball go straight past him from 30 yards as he had NFI where his goal was.

Yeah that was a bigger **** up than Birrazs howler at the weekend but seen by 100 or so people and the coaching staff who count
    I counted 3 blunders???
    Surely claims against the coast in the 94th min in 6 yard box... At least punch away...

2 -- gets a good hand to villas shot at the near post but hand is simply not strong enough.

3.. Lack of communication when again he should of claimed or punched away against the nix

Quote Originally Posted by Newy View Post
    I counted 3 blunders???
    Surely claims against the coast in the 94th min in 6 yard box... At least punch away...

2 -- gets a good hand to villas shot at the near post but hand is simply not strong enough.

3.. Lack of communication when again he should of claimed or punched away against the nix
    What are you both calling blunders? That might help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

It's pretty obvious to any keen observer that all the goals weve conceeded this season have been BK's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    What are you both calling blunders? That might help.
    A regulation save of what Is expected by a full time professional goal keeper that has resulted in the opponent scoring a goal.

Blunder 1.... V CCM... 93RD... LONG BALL OFF A FREE KICK - striker gets a touch inside the 6 yrd box... (for me the keepers domain)- Mariners Win (cost 2 points)-- regardless of Taylor not being strong enough the gk should clear the area.
    Blunder 2... Vs Melbourne City... David villa striker -- from outside the box... Birraz reacts decently and gets there.. however hand isn't strong enough.. resulting in being beaten at near stick..and earning City a draw.. (cost 2 points)
    Blunder 3.. vs The nix... Communication and comes out flapping again resulting in a nix goal.. (no points cost)

In total 3 blunders in 3 games.. resulting in 4 points dropped already.

My opinion.

furthermore....

If that was Bk.. the whole forum would be up in arms.... at least he cares.