Page 25 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

I thought BK didn't have a very good game but all his cock ups were nowt to do with the goals.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I thought BK didn't have a very good game but all his cock ups were nowt to do with the goals.
    fullbacks keeping players onside/not shutting them down was more critical

Goal 1: so he is one on one with the top scorer in the league and he's rubbish coz he got beat. Maybe he should have been more like Biraz and run out of the box and grabbed it.
    Dickheads.
    Goal 2: got a good hand to a stinging shot and maybe hoped one of his defenders might have helped out to try and stop that stinking Gypos' 4 attempts to tap it in.
    Goal 3: legit, some of you blokes are ****ing retarded.
    Truth bombs
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Birraz out of top echelon of Socceroos keepers now.

And BK from 30 metres>>>>>>>>>Birraz from 50 metres !

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Birraz out of top echelon of Socceroos keepers now.

And BK from 30 metres>>>>>>>>>Birraz from 50 metres !
    Pffft. At least Biraz got both hands, chest, knees, one of his shins, a thigh and part of his face to that 50m bomb. BK got nothing, nowhere near it.

Biraz <><><><><><><> BK

Banned
    3 GOALS 5 MINUTES

Great Goal Keeping.

If Birraz gets dropped for letting 4 in a half despite making a few saves and having **** all Assistance from his defense and it being a constant turkey shoot at him then only fair BK gets the flick for that effort of no being able to keep the ball out of his net the 3 times he was called on to deal with it in a 5 min spell.

TRUTH BOMB

The least of our troubles at the moment

Goal 1: so he is one on one with the top scorer in the league and he's rubbish coz he got beat. Maybe he should have been more like Biraz and run out of the box and grabbed it.
    Dickheads.
    Goal 2: got a good hand to a stinging shot and maybe hoped one of his defenders might have helped out to try and stop that stinking Gypos' 4 attempts to tap it in.
    Goal 3: legit, some of you blokes are ****ing retarded.
    Me agree

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    3 GOALS 5 MINUTES

Great Goal Keeping.

If Birraz gets dropped for letting 4 in a half despite making a few saves and having **** all Assistance from his defense and it being a constant turkey shoot at him then only fair BK gets the flick for that effort of no being able to keep the ball out of his net the 3 times he was called on to deal with it in a 5 min spell.

TRUTH BOMB
    1st thing: it was 5 min and 11sec apparently so MYTH BUSTED.

2nd: I don't know anyone who thought Biraz should have been dumped after the 4-0. Most 'round ere (myself included) thought he wasn't at fault for any of the goals.

Biraz's cock ups game in earlier games. BK has had a few but didn't directly lead to goals.

Yet.

Because no goalkeeper has ever let in a goal from 30yards

I thought BK was pretty poor on the weekend, but as has been said Biraz got more than a few chances to overcome some poor goalkeeping efforts in the earlier rounds. I'm definitely in the Biraz is a better goalkeeper camp, but if Stubbins is going to be consistent BK deserves more time to stake a claim (or not) to be a permanent fixture in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    I thought BK was pretty poor on the weekend, but as has been said Biraz got more than a few chances to overcome some poor goalkeeping efforts in the earlier rounds. I'm definitely in the Biraz is a better goalkeeper camp, but if Stubbins is going to be consistent BK deserves more time to stake a claim (or not) to be a permanent fixture in the team.
    But BK is most likely to stay regardless of how he is treat. Biraz won't.

So people are saying that they're happy for a coach they want out, to piss off a player that could leave due to being benched that is better than the player replacing him, for a player who isn't performing any better and will more than likely stay regardless.

If Stubbins plays Biraz, there's a chance he won't leave at the end of this year (or in Jan). If Stubbins doesn't, he'll pretty much definitely leave. So there's a choice between losing our coach and our best keeper, or just losing our coach.
    OK

Yeah but if Biraz leaves we'll get $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    I reackon Middleby might be able to get $40-$50 thousand for him.

Or he does what most HAL players do, put his bum in the corner, demand a termination of contract, and end up at Brisbane.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Or he does what most HAL players do, put his bum in the corner, demand a termination of contract, and end up at Brisbane.
    Pfffffft. 'Sif Middleby would get sucked into that.

Banned
    If you are talking along the lines that Middleby would be able to get 40-50k Australian $$$ for the release of Birraz you are deadest talking out of your arse Plague.

This humidity/heat is obviously effecting your judgement big time

You of all people should know Middleby is more than happy to give our players away for free.
    Hello Ryan Griff

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    But BK is most likely to stay regardless of how he is treat. Biraz won't.

So people are saying that they're happy for a coach they want out, to piss off a player that could leave due to being benched that is better than the player replacing him, for a player who isn't performing any better and will more than likely stay regardless.

If Stubbins plays Biraz, there's a chance he won't leave at the end of this year (or in Jan). If Stubbins doesn't, he'll pretty much definitely leave. So there's a choice between losing our coach and our best keeper, or just losing our coach.
    that's assuming he's our best keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    that's assuming he's our best keeper.
    Which you, and the large majority of everyone else, has agreed on.
    OK

I wouldn't say overall he is better than BK. I feel like their individual weaknesses bring them back to a par. And if one par is on more $ than the other ( and by a good amount I'm certain) why not jettison the ballast?

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    I wouldn't say overall he is better than BK. I feel like their individual weaknesses bring them back to a par. And if one par is on more $ than the other ( and by a good amount I'm certain) why not jettison the ballast?
    And if one par is already at his greatest ever peak and the other has huge upside, just needs to get the right coaching...?

Actually, scratch that. Bin off Biraz for the sake of Australian football and let him get someone who knows what they are doing to teach him. He'll never be any good staying here.