Page 27 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

Harps on Kick Off - "Ben Kennedy has now seen off the challenge of Birighitti and looks the goods".

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Following up on this, after the game tonight Biraz was spotted with Vinnie in town.

BK fanbois might get what they want - Biraz not at the club at all. And possibly soon.
    Birraz has been trying to get out for a while. With that attitude can go no probs.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Birraz has been trying to get out for a while. With that attitude can go no probs.
    It will probably all depend on what another team will pay for a backup goalie.

Following up on this, after the game tonight Biraz was spotted with Vinnie in town.

BK fanbois might get what they want - Biraz not at the club at all. And possibly soon.
    Foxsports apparently reported last night that Biraz is trialling with a Serie C club.

Vinnie getting it done for him.
    OK

Foxsports apparently reported last night that Biraz is trialling with a Serie C club.

Vinnie getting it done for him.
    Cockerill said during the coverage yesterday that "Biraz has a trial lined up with Venezia in Serie C".... which I found odd since that's the same club I said he was moving too after the previous game. Foxsports trolling Jets forum for rumours?

From Bundesliga to Serie C.....
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Can he still get picked for the Foxtel Allstars if hes playing in Italy?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Can he still get picked for the Foxtel Allstars if hes playing in Italy?
    No but .....they'll need few ball boys for the game
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Ah well was good while it lasted. Remember without birraz last season we would have got the spoon. Thanks birraz shame it didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Cockerill said during the coverage yesterday that "Biraz has a trial lined up with Venezia in Serie C".... which I found odd since that's the same club I said he was moving too after the previous game. Foxsports trolling Jets forum for rumours?
    Why not - this forum now has some credibility as a source. Was in Sydney on business just before the break and talked to someone from Fairfax - 75% of their articles are written by outsourced writers in the Philippines writing under ghost names or using the names of known Fairfax journos. They do their research by surfing the net then write up an article. Many Jets articles seem oddly written in the Herald, often regurgitating old news we know or bringing up info started off on the forum - Cassio being the latest.

My personal favourite moment on this forum, apart from the Miracle of Brisbane, was The Herald picking up on my fabricated rumour about Thomas Hitzlsperger - two seperate times!
    OK

I'm a fan of Birraz. When he came in he showed he was a brilliant keeper. Easily outing Kennedy. Justified.
    It was the form that got him the interest of the Bundesliga club as he was making some brilliant saves and no real blunders. Justified.

After the deal fell through, he has since struggled, still making the odd good save, but his general play, some epic howlers left him "Not phased" by anything.
    Subsequently he was dropped. Justified.

Now, it doesn't really bother me that he's looking to go overseas. That should be the goal for all players and i would've been happy to see him go to Germany. But right now, i don't think he deserves it. He's under pressure from kennedy, I daresay Kennedy should be given a spell after conceding 5 goals (yeh, not much he could do about some of them...but 5 goals past..something needs to give..give Birraz a crack to see if he's sorted himself out).

I don't think many would argue the fact that Birraz at his best >> Kennedy at his best. Birraz has the higher ceiling on his game.
    I'm a tad annoyed, disappointed, dislike the situation that he seems unwilling to try and fight his way back to be first choice keeper. I mean, "hey I'm a Keeper in the A-league" doesn't really get the attention of many scouts in Europe. Let alone, "I've been dropped to second choice keeper in the A-league for a club struggling". I dunno, i can see why Stubbins isn't playing him if he has actually kinda said "i want out".

*I'm no Birraz fanboy, or Kennedy fanboy. Kennedy deserved a crack since Birraz wasn't performing, and has done reasonably well. The problem could well be the defence...

Wellsaid

Yep, good post. Far too much sense made though

Agreed. I just hope Stubbs is fair and drops BK for conceding five and having some of his kicks off target, the same reason Birraz got dropped, except Birraz saved a pen and only conceded 4. Maybe the time on the bench has helped him?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Birra wants out, BK is a local lad and wants in. You don't have to be a rocket doctor.
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Birra wants out, BK is a local lad and wants in. You don't have to be a rocket doctor.
    Ok then. Let's just have a bunch of locals who aren't up to Aleague level playing for us because they want to play for us. Let the mediocrity continue!
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Surprise level that he's leaving: 0

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    We're like losing one of the best young keepers in the country. It's a disgrace really. The way some fans turned on him under the guise of oh but people bagged bk so its only fair is also a disgrace. Hope he does well and has a successful career.

People didn't turn on him because others bagged bk, he was critiqued just as heavily.

The "not phased" comment was what turned some people.

Good luck to the bloke, he's the 2nd best keeper to play for the club, I hope he cracks it in Europe and can push ryan, langerak, jones, Federici etc to ultimately improve whoever it is at makes socceroos squads.