Page 49 of 79 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

I haven't been on the foz in years and I return to hear the same old dribble...BK is a state league keeper at best. If BK went to Maitland NPL he would struggle to get the #1 spot ahead of Ben Kelly and Trott. Why do people continually defend the bloke? I get it that he is a local lad but come on champs, open your eyes. The fact that we have been having this conversation for years says something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    I haven't been on the foz in years and I return to hear the same old dribble...BK is a state league keeper at best. If BK went to Maitland NPL he would struggle to get the #1 spot ahead of Ben Kelly and Trott. Why do people continually defend the bloke? I get it that he is a local lad but come on champs, open your eyes. The fact that we have been having this conversation for years says something.
    Welcome back _butcher.. Where you been??

He's been employed by the Jets for a long time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

2nd goal was a little soft.

funny that the coaches, and the staff have continued to sign him though.

I still think peoples views of BK are still blinded by 2008-2010 BK as compared to him as a keeper now.

I think in the last 12 months he has more then proven his worth

his performance against MV a couple of weeks ago was outstanding.

yes he has weaknesses, but all keepers do.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

I'd put money on BK to save wsw second goal

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I'd put money on BK to save wsw second goal
    Score would have been 3-1 by then so it's irrelevant..

Lol.

If content on the internet proved anything I'd give up my day job and become a pool boy, pizza delivery guy or a masseuse that wears white singlet and no underpants.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Lol.

If content on the internet proved anything I'd give up my day job and become a pool boy, pizza delivery guy or a masseuse that wears white singlet and no underpants.
    Funny you should say that.

I am currently sitting in a white singlet. When my Thai friend gets back on the phone with me I am hoping she is in her underpants.

She got a massage yesterday after going for a swim in a pool.

I seen a pizza delivery bloke at the weekend (��hello SD)and I daily wonder how I can make a living in Thailand so I can quit my day job.

Absolutely amazing your insight ***

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Of topic.

This is absolute bullshit.
    Absolutely fantastic that players are out visiting schools, BUT...
    Why do schools have to win a competition to get a visit, it should be the f'ing norm and the players should f'ing enjoy doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Of topic.

This is absolute bullshit.
    Absolutely fantastic that players are out visiting schools, BUT...
    Why do schools have to win a competition to get a visit, it should be the f'ing norm and the players should f'ing enjoy doing it.
    How else do they choose the schools? I'd rather the players go to the schools that want them i.e. those that go to the effort of showing their support. And who says the players don't enjoy it? They can't go to every ****ing school in the Hunter, there'd be no time to actually train and work on winning games.

fmd, They should be able to get to every fkn school in the hunter. can use all types of squaddies. grow the game not the ego

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    funny that the coaches, and the staff have continued to sign him though.

I still think peoples views of BK are still blinded by 2008-2010 BK as compared to him as a keeper now.

I think in the last 12 months he has more then proven his worth

his performance against MV a couple of weeks ago was outstanding.

yes he has weaknesses, but all keepers do.
    agree 100%

I didn't rate him back then at all, but he has improved out of sight imo

Okay mate you've said your dribble now don't come back for another few years!
    How a keeper like BK can have an outstanding game like the one he did when called upon against Victory, plus being voted as the keeper of the round and still some loser on a keyboard say that he is not good enough for this level!? Disgraceful!

wb butch
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    wb butch
    Cheers furngully, someone had to come on here and educate these peanuts. Things seem to have gotten out of hand since I've been away. For starters, there seems to be way too much positivity and support for the boys. Absolutely disgraceful and un-newy.

Anyway, bot, bodynovo, the reason he has been around for so long is because our club is literally piss poor and BK has been willing to play for peanuts for years. Seriously, you blokes need to have a good hard look at yourselves. You think he has been around all these years based on his exceptional goalkeeping talents? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha! That'll do me mate! That'll do me!
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    and still some loser on a keyboard!
    Bit rich coming from you pal!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    fmd, They should be able to get to every fkn school in the hunter. can use all types of squaddies. grow the game not the ego
    This 2-3 players per school 20+ players in the squad, 5-6 schools a day, 2-3 days a week. You can soon tick a few off the list, as hawk said its a spreading the game and the Jets brand. All kids they visit in the fortnight get free entry to the next game, who has to take the kids? Oh thats right paying parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

This 2-3 players per school 20+ players in the squad, 5-6 schools a day, 2-3 days a week. You can soon tick a few off the list, as hawk said its a spreading the game and the Jets brand. All kids they visit in the fortnight get free entry to the next game, who has to take the kids? Oh thats right paying parents.
    I like this. 5-6 schools in a day could be a bit tough though!

That might have worked last year when we trained 2 hours a day and the other mountains of daytime were spent sipping lattes down near the beach.

How different is our training this season for anyone that has gone?