Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1567

Thread: The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

I dont get the whole "through the legs thing". Everyone faps on when he saves speccys with an outstretched leg but then bags him when it goes through his legs. I'm no keeper but in my understanding you have two choices.

- split legs and hope he tries to pass you or go near post
    -keep legs closed and hope you have gadget arms to reach nice and low

He pretty much gambles as to whether the striker will power straight or go to the corners. Or of course there is an option 3
    -grow a ****ing tail

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    I dont get the whole "through the legs thing". Everyone faps on when he saves speccys with an outstretched leg but then bags him when it goes through his legs. I'm no keeper but in my understanding you have two choices.

- split legs and hope he tries to pass you or go near post
    -keep legs closed and hope you have gadget arms to reach nice and low

He pretty much gambles as to whether the striker will power straight or go to the corners. Or of course there is an option 3
    -grow a ****ing tail
    You are correct in what you are saying but the problem is his technique when choosing the one leg flat and bent front knee. For this to be effective you have to get lower and ensure the back leg and front leg are in line otherwise a gap the size of Sydney heads opens up and strikers at this level, except ours, only need a sniff to make you pay. He was lucky with the one he saved with his butt as this was going in only his balance was off and he fell over.

He has had a stellar season so far but as they say in goalkeeping - nobody remembers the ones you save but they will not let you forget the ones you miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    You are correct in what you are saying but the problem is his technique when choosing the one leg flat and bent front knee. For this to be effective you have to get lower and ensure the back leg and front leg are in line otherwise a gap the size of Sydney heads opens up and strikers at this level, except ours, only need a sniff to make you pay. He was lucky with the one he saved with his butt as this was going in only his balance was off and he fell over.
    Oh man.
    This guy.

You are correct in what you are saying but the problem is his technique when choosing the one leg flat and bent front knee. For this to be effective you have to get lower and ensure the back leg and front leg are in line.
    Did you legit just describe the whip and nae nae dance?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Oh man.
    This guy.
    Sorry Plague I know people are not used to having things explained on here with a degree of knowledge but if you are going to give an opinion I would like you to be able to back it up. Are you saying because I have exhibited a bit of knowledge on the basics of goalkeeping in a thread devoted to a goalkeeper instead of lampooning him or saying he is just the best and this was a bad day that my opinion is less valuable than a beer swilling bogan who may not be able to put an articulate argument together.

Sorry Plague I know people are not used to having things explained on here with a degree of knowledge but if you are going to give an opinion I would like you to be able to back it up. Are you saying because I have exhibited a bit of knowledge on the basics of goalkeeping in a thread devoted to a goalkeeper instead of lampooning him or saying he is just the best and this was a bad day that my opinion is less valuable than a beer swilling bogan who may not be able to put an articulate argument together.

Are you saying because I have exhibited a bit of knowledge on the basics of goalkeeping in a thread devoted to a goalkeeper instead of lampooning him or saying he is just the best and this was a bad day that my opinion is less valuable than a beer swilling bogan who may not be able to put an articulate argument together.
    Nah man. What I said was 'oh man. This guy'.

I even double checked it again for accuracy and it's right there in the post.

Maybe check ypur browser settings or something.

Cheers;
    Plague.

Red face

Nah man. What I said was 'oh man. This guy'.

I even double checked it again for accuracy and it's right there in the post.

Maybe check ypur browser settings or something.

Cheers;
    Plague.
    Checked post. You're correct. No argument. My opinion. No rebuttal. I win.

No issue with the between the legs stuff - but that one handed punch in the first half again highlighted the kid's major issue in dealing with crosses.

Checked post. You're correct. No argument. My opinion. No rebuttal. I win.
    Your fellow pretend bio mechanics experts must be so proud.
    Good job by you.

I think this is the positioning Birraz needed to be in.Can't believe they don't practice this at training.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 14-12-2015 at 10:29 PM.

Your fellow pretend bio mechanics experts must be so proud.
    Good job by you.
    Just check some of the futsal saves and other goalkeeping sites for this type of save and then watch a training session for elite goalkeepers and you will see what I mean. I don't profess to be a biomechanics expert I just know what I have seen from some very highly rated coaches and players and what Birraz is doing is a flawed technique in this area as he is not close enough to take this position for it to be effective or he is too slow in making the commitment to the save and leaving the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

I think this is the positioning Birraz needed to be in.Can't believe they don't practice this at training.
    That's just straight up flawed coaching there Dunster.

Me and my pretend coaching mates can see this from a mile away.

my opinion is less valuable than a beer swilling bogan who may not be able to put an articulate argument together.
    You'll have to go to the knights forum for those discussions

Birraz has a bad day, written off as a bad day. critique of his technique ignored.

BK makes one mistake and he's the cause of ISIS.

The imbalance in peoples reactions to these blokes never ceases to amaze me.

Birraz had a "normal" day, he's been playing out of his skin lately.
    Silver lining is, if he's gonna have a four bad (not that they all were) saves, have them all in one game, it only cost us three points.
    If he starts spreading these errors (term used loosely) across multiple games, we drop more.

My Keeper Union membership card also states that I should point out that the real issue was the clinical nature of their shooting compared to the pathetic nature of ours.

Yet again, we've got 100 problems and the goalkeepers aren't one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Birraz has a bad day, written off as a bad day. critique of his technique ignored.

BK makes one mistake and he's the cause of ISIS.

The imbalance in peoples reactions to these blokes never ceases to amaze me.

Birraz had a "normal" day, he's been playing out of his skin lately.
    Silver lining is, if he's gonna have a four bad (not that they all were) saves, have them all in one game, it only cost us three points.
    If he starts spreading these errors (term used loosely) across multiple games, we drop more.

My Keeper Union membership card also states that I should point out that the real issue was the clinical nature of their shooting compared to the pathetic nature of ours.

Yet again, we've got 100 problems and the goalkeepers aren't one.
    I like this post
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Birraz is a pretty good-looking bloke. BK is a pretty ugly bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    This coming from a mong like yourself Mr Dillon with a head like a beaten favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    This coming from a mong like yourself Mr Dillon with a head like a beaten favourite.
    bahahaha