Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 20 - Wests is best Sydney vs Newcastle Jets k/off 530pm AEDST

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    the dickhead coach should be fired
    success and failure both start at the top, no use heaping all the blame on the players.
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Glad hamo Azzurri is almost back
    Hamilton Azzurri... where i started paying club football... still one of the best fields i've played on is smith park... the only standout better field would be bear park (or thomas and coffey as i think its called now).

Back on topic... Jets were rather poor.

Highlight of the night for me was la baz following me on twitter. Almost made me forget about how awful we are.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    some schoolboy stuff out there that IMO is completely due to gve's mismanagement.

why don't we have players on the posts for a freekick taken basically from the same spot as a corner?

and when we set players on the post on a corner - why does our right footer sit on the right post & the left footer on the other? since when do you not have the players main foot on the open goal side?
    school boy stuff. would have thought gve would have this kid stuff covered - he loves coaching kids, after all.

we are getting suffocated in the middle, and as usual our wide players have cancelled themselves out of the game so we have no options. we must be the easiest team to defend against in the league.

love the system, gve
    Serious ? This is not IDs. If players cant clear with their weaker foot what are they doin in A league ffs. When the keeper wins possession would much rather my FBs releasing on their strong side for the counter.
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

ok so im pissed off and piling on a bit BUT
    in the Fox interview Van Egmond said that Ryan Griffiths was playing too high and that why WSW bossed the midfield in the first half. He then said "we rectified that at halftime".
    ummmm has anyone told him hes allowed to talk to his players from the bench? how can he see that and do nothing til halftime?
    He also singled out Caravella as being really good and the type of player a 6 or 8 should be. Maybe a dig at Jobe? but surprise surprise hes going to pump up a player that he shafted the captain for.
    so sick of this shit.

Caravella was good? He had at least 5 touches in the first half that went straight to opposition players... he made Mitchell look good with the ball, FFS. Crock of shit.

#GVEOUT

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Highlight of the night for me was la baz following me on twitter. Almost made me forget about how awful we are.
    United we can bring back regz

6 or 8? I thought caravella was brought in as a 10
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    Hamilton Azzurri... where i started paying club football... still one of the best fields i've played on is smith park.
    The field of dreams!

Mention has already been made of Neville and Mitchell being played when they have both been ordinary for most of the season. I would also like to add Griffiths as a # 10. Whenever he plays there he offers nothing, butchered a good chance just 30 seconds before WSW's 2nd goal. GVE's failure to recognise or admit the sides weaknesses or deficiencies has been the whole undoing this year.

I know he has a lot of haters but letting NTS go was the worst decision we made...well that and signing Mitchell
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    I know he has a lot of haters but letting NTS go was the worst decision we made...well that and signing Mitchell
    When you think back to season 6 under Branko, Topor was our player of the year. Had an ordinary season last year under GVE, then becomes arguably the form defender under Popovich this season......???

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    When you think back to season 6 under Branko, Topor was our player of the year. Had an ordinary season last year under GVE, then becomes arguably the form defender under Popovich this season......???
    So, what you are potentially saying is that Mitchell is one of the best defenders in the league but GvE is to blame?

As I have stated previously, Egg Van is a complete myth. He confirmed his football naivety tonight by selecting Ryan Griffiths as basically a central midfielder. I know a lot of people talk him up, but he ( Ryan ) is terrible without the ball and the idea of him working in that role is baffling. Egg seems to want to set players up to fail - maybe he wants to make Ryan a scapegoat or something, but that role is not his gig
    Virgili still thinks he is playing under 15s with his one dimensional approach to the game and defenders must be very grateful when Egg head continually selects him. In saying all of that, I thought that in various stages of the game, we looked sharp and cohesive. I thought Caravella brought a lot of positives, but playing him so deep completely nullifies what he could bring to our attack. Again, I would question basically what the fark The Egg was thinking. I also thought that Goodwin seemed preoccupied and not really interested. Chapman showed genuine class on occasions. Egg van needs to change his playing style and study the mariners' structure. I would go with the 442 with a midfield diamond. Zad needs to play further up the park.

Birrighitti

Hoole Chapman ? Ritter

Brilliante
    Caravella Goodwin

Zadkovich

Heskey Griffiths

? = regz

Kovacic>Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    ? = regz
    He is done at the jets while GVE is here. Squeezed out early in the season, took his chance, then gave GVE the perfect excuse to put him in exile again.

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Boned Youngster View Post
    As I have stated previously, Egg Van is a complete myth. He confirmed his football naivety tonight by selecting Ryan Griffiths as basically a central midfielder. I know a lot of people talk him up, but he ( Ryan ) is terrible without the ball and the idea of him working in that role is baffling. Egg seems to want to set players up to fail - maybe he wants to make Ryan a scapegoat or something, but that role is not his gig
    Virgili still thinks he is playing under 15s with his one dimensional approach to the game and defenders must be very grateful when Egg head continually selects him. In saying all of that, I thought that in various stages of the game, we looked sharp and cohesive. I thought Caravella brought a lot of positives, but playing him so deep completely nullifies what he could bring to our attack. Again, I would question basically what the fark The Egg was thinking. I also thought that Goodwin seemed preoccupied and not really interested. Chapman showed genuine class on occasions. Egg van needs to change his playing style and study the mariners' structure. I would go with the 442 with a midfield diamond. Zad needs to play further up the park.

Birrighitti

Hoole Chapman ? Ritter

Brilliante
    Caravella Goodwin

Zadkovich

Heskey Griffiths
    I take it ? = Regan.
    Whenever he has played we have conceded the least amount of goals. The coach however clearly dislikes him so he would rather play one of his boys and lose games.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    He is done at the jets while GVE is here. Squeezed out early in the season, took his chance, then gave GVE the perfect excuse to put him in exile again.
    To be fair though (and I know I've said this before but anyway), if I gave my boss a serve, I would expect punishment. All Regz had to do was keep his mouth shut rather than have a go at GvE.

That being said, given he's missed the last two week, hopefully GvE decides that's enough and recalls him for Mitchell. Or Ritter plays instead of Mitchell. Eitherway, Mitchell out.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    That's why I don't understand the van dicknose fan boys. Bloke is not picking players based on ability. We suffer because of this bullshit. Also how can anyone could not get pissed off about a newy boy, as newy as they come, not getting a start in a team which is supposed to be based on local talent.