Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Papas In

Deans announces he's stepping down as coach at the end of the season!!

Bring in Papas
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Deans announces he's stepping down as coach at the end of the season!!
    I do hope this season doesn’t cloud the fact that for all his faults Deans has stuck by the club and been there when we needed and a lot of us here where happy to see him get a chance this season. He’s proven he isn’t up to the standard as full
    time coach and that’s fine.

Fox just mentioned Pappas is being rumoured to be the new coach.

I hope he gets a better player budget and conditions to work in than Deans did.

Because I can't imagine anyone being successful having to deal with the shit Deans had to.

poor old dingo, forever the weed carrier

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I hope he gets a better player budget and conditions to work in than Deans did.

Because I can't imagine anyone being successful having to deal with the shit Deans had to.
    I mean even the fact we are planning for next season is better than what Deans had.

How can you sign a player even for the season if you’re not sure you will exist in a weeks time.
    I feel for Deans. I don’t think it was a fair or reasonable assessment of his ability. That said, some aspects such as selection and tactics can be questioned. Good on him/club for making a call early. Can focus on planning for next year

A fresh face may provide some objectivity to selections and links to improve the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Bring in Papas
    Serious question, Why ?.

Whats he done that every time a vacancy comes up he gets a mention. I just don't see anywhere in his Resume that spells out stand out candidate. Candidate yep for sure but nothing outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Serious question, Why ?.

Whats he done that every time a vacancy comes up he gets a mention. I just don't see anywhere in his Resume that spells out stand out candidate. Candidate yep for sure but nothing outstanding.
    Are you expecting us to go after Antonio Conte or something?

We need to try and do something to keep us afloat long enough for new owners to invest. Papas won't demand massive wages and has enough behind him (J1 title as assistant, a season as a J3 head coach where he won as many games as he lost and his CV is full of other decent appointments). Someone needs to take a chance on him and we have absolutely nothing to lose by signing him. We have a large number of spots to fill in our roster and no big contracts to hold us back outside of maybe NTS and Roy.

He has knowledge of the Japanese leagues and would also know more about other Asian leagues in general than most at our club right now. If these overlords we have are being honest about investing in the club next season, they would be more likely to sanction moves to appease that Asian Federation and try to fix some of the issues the league just created by walking away from this season's comp so late.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

GVE has far more extensive knowledge of Australiann players than Pappas. Pappas lacks a commanding personality and struggles to manage and motivate players.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    GVE has far more extensive knowledge of Australiann players than Pappas. Pappas lacks a commanding personality and struggles to manage and motivate players.
    Thanks Gaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Sorry Gaz, but we all know from experience that you don't cut it. Papas may be an unknown as far as coaching in the A League, but considering our current predicament and appeal, rolling the dice on a cheap unknown is a smarter option than going back to what we know doesn't work.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Sorry Gaz, but we all know from experience that you don't cut it. Papas may be an unknown as far as coaching in the A League, but considering our current predicament and appeal, rolling the dice on a cheap unknown is a smarter option than going back to what we know doesn't work.
    Like GVE's backpass fest of win the possession stat and too hell with the scoreboard.

Are you expecting us to go after Antonio Conte or something?

We need to try and do something to keep us afloat long enough for new owners to invest. Papas won't demand massive wages and has enough behind him (J1 title as assistant, a season as a J3 head coach where he won as many games as he lost and his CV is full of other decent appointments). Someone needs to take a chance on him and we have absolutely nothing to lose by signing him. We have a large number of spots to fill in our roster and no big contracts to hold us back outside of maybe NTS and Roy.

He has knowledge of the Japanese leagues and would also know more about other Asian leagues in general than most at our club right now. If these overlords we have are being honest about investing in the club next season, they would be more likely to sanction moves to appease that Asian Federation and try to fix some of the issues the league just created by walking away from this season's comp so late.
    Just expecting the club to find the best candidate it can for the budget it sets aside for the next coaches wage. Just saying Papas in appears a too narrowed approach.

Who knows Moon and Veart haven't been terrible choices at Roar and Adelaide.

Serious question, Why ?.

Compared to Deans? Everyone was falling over themselves to give him a chance. At least Pappas has a lot more experience than Deans does.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

a smarter option than going back to what we know doesn't work.
    Oh, our only ever 🏆?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Compared to Deans? Everyone was falling over themselves to give him a chance. At least Pappas has a lot more experience than Deans does.
    And if somebody should come along and throw there hat in the ring better credentialed than Papas with a similar wage demand what then ?.

And if somebody should come along and throw there hat in the ring better credentialed than Papas with a similar wage demand what then ?.
    I'm unsure whether he's prepared to give the Jets another chance.

Serious question, Why ?.

I tend to agree, Every time the coaching position comes up then Papas gets mentioned as first option. So he worked under Ange, so did Scott Miller.

All I'm saying I hope they just don't rush into signing Papas without looking at all options.