Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Papas In

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandenberg13 View Post
    if this happens, il buy the whole squadron memberships (notsrs) i love papas, great guy, great coach
    exactly what we need
    yeah, Newy is a Vandenberg free zone. try down the coast. all the best

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    getting back on the bandwagon now he is coming home.

come the **** on

he's the man to take us out of this shit.
    back on the bandwagon again.

Come on FFA, sort ya shit out and give this bloke a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Excellent bump once again.

The only solution to this crisis (apart from appointing Griff to some lifetime role at the club).
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

All of the coaches mentioned.....Rudan, Mulvey, Okon, Vidmar,Aloisi etc. have a bit of a profile and I would say that most people involved in football in Newcastle would have heard of probably all of them. In contrast if you were to mention Pappas, most people would probably think of local gun in the Youth team Reece Pappas. Don't think many would recall that he was the Youth coach here for a few months over 3-4 years ago and has spent time in India working for their fledgling Federation.
    I think we need to consider all options but lets face it a coach with a "big name" like Okon or Mulvey for eg. is always going to be able to attract bigger names in the initial stages of our clubs reconstruction than someone like Pappas.
    Unless someone can convince me otherwise I think Pappas would be a massive gamble which this club can ill afford to take

Mulvey I don't want. Had a go, didn't do so well. Same for aloisi.

Vidmar, maybe, did reasonably well in adelaide, and may just give the townsfolk of newcastle a new moniker.

Okon, like the newy connection, I'm assuming he's got the relevant tickets and been doing some coaching, so he would probably be my preferred option, with rudan second.

Rudan seems to be well spoken of as a coach. I'll tolerate his "smug git" persona as long as he's winning. First loss and I'll be starting the "rudan out" thread.

My money is on rudan.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Mulvey I don't want. Had a go, didn't do so well. Same for aloisi.

Vidmar, maybe, did reasonably well in adelaide, and may just give the townsfolk of newcastle a new moniker.

Okon, like the newy connection, I'm assuming he's got the relevant tickets and been doing some coaching, so he would probably be my preferred option, with rudan second.

Rudan seems to be well spoken of as a coach. I'll tolerate his "smug git" persona as long as he's winning. First loss and I'll be starting the "rudan out" thread.

My money is on rudan.
    Wrong Vidmar, Aurelio who was with Adelaide is now an Assistant under Ange with the Socceroos and not a candidate. Tony is the one in question but I'm not even aware that he has coached anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Wrong Vidmar, Aurelio who was with Adelaide is now an Assistant under Ange with the Socceroos and not a candidate. Tony is the one in question but I'm not even aware that he has coached anywhere
    Tony coaches the joeys

Banned
    Reference to Vidmar was to Aurelio not to Tony

Despite being Olyroos coach and an Assistant to Ange I am sure he is neither indispensable and has sucked enough of the FFA mango to be looked after for HAL spot

Add in he done alright in his go at the Pissants

Rudan will be Stubbins v.2

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Mulvey I don't want. Had a go, didn't do so well.
    Didn't go so well? He did win both the Premiership and Championship with Brisbane...

Wish we had a coach who didn't go so well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Rudan will be Stubbins v.2

Nope.
    Agree. We don't want to risk anyone that is untested at this level. There would be plenty of talent in Europe with far better credentials than Rudan or any of these other clowns being mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Agree. We don't want to risk anyone that is untested at this level
    You are in the Papas in thread, as far as i know he isn't tested at this level either?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

try before we buy?

Back on topic

Get him in

Give him free reign
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    Back on topic

Get him in

Give him free reign
    Can i ask how much you really know about him?
    I watch a lot of football and i don't know the bloke besides the few in here that think he is the savour of football.

Im not having a go, if he legit seems like a good fit and is capable then im all for it. What makes him different experience-wise to Stubbins before he signed for us?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Can i ask how much you really know about him?
    I watch a lot of football and i don't know the bloke besides the few in here that think he is the savour of football.

Im not having a go, if he legit seems like a good fit and is capable then im all for it. What makes him different experience-wise to Stubbins before he signed for us?
    He has a wog name and everyone knows wogs are better at football than Anglos.

cc: Craig Foster

/taken from the Newcastle Herald comments secrion.

Banned
    Arthur Papas has resigned as head coach of Indian I-League side Dempo SC with the former Jets and Heart assistant coach set to return to Australia.

The 35-year-old AFC Pro-License Holder enjoyed a three-year expedition in India.

This also included being an assistant to Brazilian legend Zico at FC Goa in the recently completed inaugural season of the Indian Super League.

“I wish to thank Mr. Shrinivas Dempo, support staff and the players for the time I’ve enjoyed at Dempo SC, and wish the Club continued success for the rest of the season and beyond,” said Papas.

“The decision to leave has not been an easy, and it’s one I made one month ago solely for personal reasons.

“I’ve had a remarkable journey in India in a number of varied and challenging roles. It’s been a great learning experience for me both in a football sense and more broadly as a life experience.

“I’ve made many lifelong friendships here and I will forever keep a keen eye on the progress of football in the region.”

Papas’ journey on the subcontinent began with the All India Football Federation in 2012, at the invitation of former Football Federation Australia technical boss Rob Baan.

The former Newcastle Jets Assistant and AIS Scholarship Coach was charged with a restructure of India’s youth development programs, before graduating to dual roles with the nation’s Olympic team and Pailan Arrows – the national youth team that competed in the top flight I-League.

Papas’ efforts with the Arrows saw him nominated for coach of the year honors, despite being the youngest ever manager in league history.

India’s under-22 team achieved its best ever results on the Asian stage under Papas’ tutelage.

The 2011 Victorian Premier League Coach of the Year joined Goa-based Dempo SC in 2013 and in that period guided the Club to a top four in the league as well as reaching the semi-finals and finals of the Federation Cup in 2014 and 2015 respectively.

During his two-year stint with Dempo, Papas identified and nurtured a host of young domestic talent, with as many as 11 players selected as part of India’s national team setups.

“I’ve had a hectic few years, and I’m looking forward to some down time before I take up my next football challenge,” said Papas.

Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/a...C62BXm3OAJS.99

Papas in.
    Go jetties

He needs more experience first or he'll be Stubbins 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    He needs more experience first or he'll be Stubbins 2.0
    Experience where?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.