Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 All Age, Over 35s and generally not taking it seriously

~BOLE~
    Cooks Hill A's All Age team ~Watch This Space~

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    We will be lining up for a belting. We just won C last year (minor/major), applied for B, but ended in A as there were 4 apply for A and two for B.

Love to know where the rest of A and B grade went.

I'd already picked you guys to take it out again though. Hopefully we are competitive.
    welcome to 1sts. Valo 2nd's should have gone up but dogged it again.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    noone wants to face Westy? were a class above for the last couple.
    I dont blame them, their team is full ex-(semi)pros
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    I dont blame them, their team is full ex-(semi)pros
    They are a great team, smashed us in a big way (no need to put the score up). Every little mistake we made in the back was punished and in the last 10-15mins they just steam rolled us.

We still have a number of players to come back in, but it wouldn't have changed the result in a big way. Talking to a few people in other O35 A teams I think other than Westy we should do OK. Definitely get punished for your mistakes a lot more than C Grade though.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Filthy about no first game because of repairs or some shit for kahibahs ground. Anyone know the dealio. Heaps annoying with stupid holidays break as well this week

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Filthy about no first game because of repairs or some shit for kahibahs ground. Anyone know the dealio. Heaps annoying with stupid holidays break as well this week
    My U6 team was affected as well, the email we got said.

Unfortunately due to ground maintenance by Lake Macquarie City Council, Round 1 and Round 2 games at Charlestown and Lake Macquarie Jnrs, and some Round 1 and Round 2 games at Kahibah Oval have had to be postponed.

Also due to ground availability South Cardiff is unavailable for Round 1.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Yeah got the same. Rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by dink View Post
    Looking forward to this season.
    Comment on 10 team comps. Was thinking extra games would be great, except we ended up missing a game due to wash outs and then had to play 10 games in the last 6 weeks of the comp which completely destroyed our aging team. Many of our players refuse to come back this season after that.

AA/E
    Hamilton Azzurri
    Gresford/Vacy
    Greta
    New Lambton
    Dudley
    Morriset
    Cardiff
    Kotara
    Remember playing Gresford in AA/D couple of years ago and they smashed us both games so suprised to see them in E's

Gresford went up to C grade and were competitive (apart from one game v Dudley, the eventual premiers). Only won a handful but had a thousand draws. We were crueled by injuries...have a couple of guys half way through what's probably going to be a 2 yr stint on the sidelines with ACL's and broken legs, a couple more who probably won't be able to play again, a couple to coaching ZPL and FYL, and some to work. That's the game, but still sucks.
    Have brought up a heap from the u18's so just trying to find the right grade to blood them into All age without scaring them off.
    It's a shame because being a small club, it was good to see bigger clubs come out to "the middle of nowhere" expecting an easy kill only to be sent home with, tail between legs. It's a long way to come for a hiding . Ah the glory days.
    C'arn the Scorps!

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    so no game last w/e and then a week off? drab man. better stay orf the cream buns a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by spamg172 View Post
    It's a shame because being a small club, it was good to see bigger clubs come out to "the middle of nowhere" expecting an easy kill only to be sent home with, tail between legs. It's a long way to come for a hiding . Ah the glory days.
    C'arn the Scorps!
    Good one spamg172, saw you guys had a loss on the weekend. WTF! I'm expecting big things from Gresford this year. Haha! Love playing you guys. Always a laugh.
    Cardiff thought the same thing with us on the weekend. They had 20 players, we had 10 started the game with 9. Raked in a P grade player to help out. We scored the easiest goal I've every seen. Didn't even tap the ball over the line just let in roll in end over end uncontested. Very funny.
    Ended up 2-2 but we had most of the ball. Could have gone either way. They tried to bully us until they realised we had 3 westy boys and some old school defenders. TBH they ended up happy with a draw so did we but very beatable team Cardiff. Mark them tight up front they like the long ball. Also their kepper thinks he is Buffon. You'll see what I mean.

I was out at Minmi today. 3 association officials for the AA match at 3pm (lower grade) and 2 for the o35s match in the earlier fixture. Great weather as well.

Qatari (q) league

Southy v westy.

Strong start to the season 5-2 win for Southy.

Westys junior set up is very impressive I must say. Good sheds, etc

Good showing from the Southey boys cracker goal from beau

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    Westys junior set up is very impressive I must say. Good sheds, etc
    Not wrong, we were out there for round 1. Facilities were awesome, as was the right hand ground we played on.

Away trips to Bellbird. Stacks of yellow cards. Slide tackles everywhere.

Good times.

No reds? your not doing it properly.

No reds? your not doing it properly.
    Nah a combined 8 yellows, everyone helped each other up after a hack.
    Exactly what all age is about.
    Mind, the ref sent 2 of their blokes pre game for wrong colour tape on socks (refer other thread).
    Just a great day out. Love it.

more scores!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    more scores!
    You want scores.

Friday O35 A Grade
    Thornton 2 - Garden Suburb 2.

Westy as expected are running away with it, but 2nd to 5th on the table is pretty congested. Would love to know what the Maitland v Magic result was.

You want scores.

Friday O35 A Grade
    Thornton 2 - Garden Suburb 2.

Westy as expected are running away with it, but 2nd to 5th on the table is pretty congested. Would love to know what the Maitland v Magic result was.
    Thornton are a pretty good yardstick for the grade. Maitland had a better side a cupla years ago.