Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 21 - Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne Heart k/off 7:30pm AEDST

Thought Bridges went ok. Still gave it away a bit but his effort was impressive.
    Caravella the same. Bloke put in the yards.
    Don't see why GVE would want to change the team for next week but let's face it, it's GVE so it will be the usual cluster****.

Brilliante as a RB was very good, offered support for Griffo but wasn't 20 yards in front of him either like Gallaway, every time Heart had a good attack, it was usually a break down our left hand side. Somebody needs to teach Gallaway he doesn't have to be 20 yards ahead of the winger when on the attack. Leaves a gaping hole at the back and subsequent counter attack
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Brilliante as a RB was very good, offered support for Griffo but wasn't 20 yards in front of him either like Gallaway, every time Heart had a good attack, it was usually a break down our left hand side. Somebody needs to teach Gallaway he doesn't have to be 20 yards ahead of the winger when on the attack. Leaves a gaping hole at the back and subsequent counter attack

Coupled that with sometimes he just don't track back at ALL

I think Gallaway is halfway to becoming a better version of Pedj Bojic. If we can make that happen, we'll be laughing

Watching on TV i can't always see if he tracks back or not but I see him tracking back at full sprint a bloody lot

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sh10 View Post
    I think Gallaway is halfway to becoming a better version of Pedj Bojic. If we can make that happen, we'll be laughing

Watching on TV i can't always see if he tracks back or not but I see him tracking back at full sprint a bloody lot
    So you reckon Sammy's a second class wanker then???

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Personally I'm surprised bridgy hasn't been credited with the 2 assists by some of the blinkered members on here, those members probably are incapable of the thought that taggart was the one that provided the 'cutting edge'.
    Don't get me wrong bridgy had a very solid game but way more impressed with taggart.
    Oh and the difference between brown and bridgy is that in much of crowds eye's bridges' 10 mistakes looks like 2 and browns 5 mistakes looks like 20.

Que some delusional person to say bridges touches are always more effective
    Spot on.
    Barry Toohey talking up Bridges in todays Telegraph, no mention at all of Taggart

What are Barry toohey's round ball credentials?

Is he the next Craig foster?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    What are Barry toohey's round ball credentials?

Is he the next Craig foster?
    Don't know what his credentials are but he is just another example of this sickening "love affair" with Bridges which seems to have developed in Newcastle in recent months. I thought his contribution was good on Friday night but his inclusion wasn't the defining factor which turned things around, it was a combination of the inclusion of Taggart also and Caravella having an outstanding game in the #6 role. Barely any mention is made anywhere of Cooper who also played well when he replaced Bridges.

Love reading this stuff.

Half you blokes are ****ed up the half spot on. I'll leave it to you to work out which half you sit in.

i'm definitely in the wrong half.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Don't know what his credentials are but he is just another example of this sickening "love affair" with Bridges which seems to have developed in Newcastle in recent months. I thought his contribution was good on Friday night but his inclusion wasn't the defining factor which turned things around, it was a combination of the inclusion of Taggart also and Caravella having an outstanding game in the #6 role. Barely any mention is made anywhere of Cooper who also played well when he replaced Bridges.
    Sickening? Recent months? Get back on the medication

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Sickening? Recent months? Get back on the medication
    What Bridges has actually done/achieved at this club is totally disproportionate to the esteem he is held with in the media and a lot of supporters in this town. He is laughably treated like some club legend. I would call Griffo and Carle legends and to a lesser extent North, Elrich and Thommo. If Bridges can back up Friday nights performance for the rest of the season and get us into the GF with some goals and assists, I will galdly accept what all the hoopla is about, until then......

If bridges gets us to a grandfinal I will happily hold him with some esteem.

However so far he has helped us to two years without finals football (Y)

Bridges contributions are more off the park. He has been a leader through two major off field crises. He deserves respect for that....he could have gone elsewhere but refused to.

The last two posts are a good example of how ****ing ridiculous the anti Bridgey brigade have become.
    Not Jetmaster, he snuk in, but he is 1/2 wrong also
    Also the reason the journo was talking bout Bridgey and not the children, is exactly the same reason you're talking bout him.
    But the ridiculous thing is, you both say, "if Bridgey can get us into the final". WTF
    Lastly Zad had a terrible game, but not a thing about it, almost cost us a goal, continually passed backwards, lobbed the long ball, had a few long shots which missed. Only one that looked out of place. IMO
    Last edited by My2BobsWorth; 17-02-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Bridges contributions are more off the park. He has been a leader through two major off field crises. He deserves respect for that....he could have gone elsewhere but refused to.
    Can vouch first hand that Bridgey is an absolute quality guy in all areas off the park. And the boy can play a bit too.

The last two posts are a good example of how ****ing ridiculous the anti Bridgey brigade have become.
    Don't see how they are. As a member of the anti bridges brigade I personally am judging him by his efforts since he first came to Newcastle and I am struggling to remember times when he has been the dominant player he keeps being made out to be. He is a leader but unfortunately he isn't the leader we need on the field anymore (would quite happily have him take on a role with the youth team). Look at the impact of Broich, Rogic, Flores etc and how when they got their chance they grabbed it and never gave anyone else a chance - they have controlled their teams from the start and for consistent lengths of time (and can last 90 minutes). When has bridges done that in his time at the jets (and yes gve hasnt given him much chance this year - but what about all the other years)?

Not Jetmaster, he snuk in, but he is 1/2 wrong also
    Also the reason the journo was talking bout Bridgey and not the children, is exactly the same reason you're talking bout him.
    But the ridiculous thing is, you both say, "if Bridgey can get us into the final". WTF
    Lastly Zad had a terrible game, but not a thing about it, almost cost us a goal, continually passed backwards, lobbed the long ball, had a few long shots which missed. Only one that looked out of place. IMO
    Yeah terrible game....kept going for the full 90 minutes, won the ball numerous times in critical positions, made some crunching tackles; a real inspiring captains performance of which we've come accustomed to this season!!!
    Not anti-Bridges at all, just anti the hype that surrounds him. Just my opinion but I think that he is yet to live up to that hype.

I like Bridgey over Brown in the #10 role purely because I think he offers more creativity, vision and willingness than Brown has. Not that I'm saying Brown is a bad player, but he hasn't played well this season and could do with a prolonged stint in the NYL until he starts bossing it again and then come back to the 1sts. Taggart could also do well in that role, but I don't think he has the creativity of Bridges yet. Cooper looked good as well, but he isn't really tested at HAL level yet either.

Just never play Griff there again, please. I love Griff but he's not a #10.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I really dont care if bridges plays or not tbh...would just like a little more team stability and now we've beaten heart with him playing,maybe stick with him. As for him being a newcastle legend lol
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis