Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: The Moofie Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Watched Collateral and No Country for Old Men back to back the other day.

Amazing movies.
    Collateral was surprisingly good..
    I still haven't seen No Country For Old Men, but have heard that it is brilliant..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Collateral was surprisingly good..
    I still haven't seen No Country For Old Men, but have heard that it is brilliant..
    yeah look if someone tells you theres a movie with Blonde Tom Cruise, Jamie Foxx and a taxi cab how excited can you get.
    but its so well done. I dont usually like Michael Mann movies but this was a masterpiece.

As for Old Country? Im just gonna not call you names because i like you but my god man, if you like movies, you gotta see it.
    Actually you gotta see it more than once to really appreciate it, because the first run through is an experience man, and not always in a good way.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Tom Cruise is possibly the best actor of the last 30 years or so to have never won an academy award. Sure he's a bit out there but the blokes made some very good movies and managed to elevate some pretty poor scripts into box office success as well.

With respect to No Country for Old men - It's a Coen Brothers film - which means it's always going to be brilliant.

I mean even the biggest John Wayne Fans would have to admit the remake of True Grit absolutely killed the original.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 09-08-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Watched The Guilty today. Unexpectedly awesome thriller from Denmark. Almost a single actor movie, playing the role of an emergency services phone operator. Definitely recommend it.

On Netflix if you have a VPN and can watch UK or Canadian versions, otherwise can be found at various sailing sites or on Google/PSN/YouTube movies for rent.

ok i watched Endgame again the other day.

Surprisingly, i enjoyed it way way more the 2nd time around. This doesnt usually happen, best example being the latest Star Wars movies. The more i watch them, the worse they get.

***mild spoilers*****
    The stuff i thought was 'meh' the first time around (thors 'change', time travel theory, end few scenes) wasnt really as dragged out as i thought. for a 3 hour movie it went really really quick this time.

might take a few more viewings but its prob in the top couple of Marvel films ive seen.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

I noticed over the weekend that the Maradona documentary was finally coming to town, at the Lake Cinema Boolaroo in late September

theres nothing i love more than awkward comedy, and this show is one of the best at it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9398640...?ref_=tt_ov_vi
    Seems like I am WRONG

theres nothing i love more than awkward comedy, and this show is one of the best at it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9398640...?ref_=tt_ov_vi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6te...dbEOBHQHKZi4ie to catch up the webisodes
    Amigos Aarau

Has anyone seen 'Widows'.

It was going along fine then the ending was a bit............weird.
    Seems like I am WRONG

oh FFS here come the Star Wars nerds again.

SPOILER ALERT.

The good guys are gonna win.
    Seems like I am WRONG

also, anyone watch El Camino?

I thought it was fine.

It didnt need to be anything more than that.

Forgot how much of a crush i had on Jane back in the day.
    Good times.
    Seems like I am WRONG

oh FFS here come the Star Wars nerds again.

SPOILER ALERT.

The good guys are gonna win.
    I feel personally attacked which I assume was your intention
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    the amount of gushing over Carrie Fisher will be nauseating.
    i predict the first Emperor/Trump parallel think piece will be released approx 6 sec after the premiere.
    the movie will make a billionty dollars, so dont stress that people wont like the movie.
    even if the movie is great, some asshole wont like the movie just to be an asshole.
    even if the movie is horrid, lots of assholes will love the movie just because they are assholes.
    Marvel fanbois are now way way worse than Star Wars nerds so ummm congrats.
    people (mostly dudes) will scream to the clouds about how much the Star Warz GRRRLLLZZZZ kick ass because we cant watch the movie ourselves.
    anyone who doesnt secretly wish Poe and Finn hook up are homophobes.
    C3PO is an asshole and is easily the worst character and actor in the whole series.
    Daisy Ridley is super attractive, like really really really very attractive. except a million star wars nerds have now jacked off to her and thats a really weird thing.
    Adam Driver is terrible but you cant hate on him because he was in that show with Lena Dunham and if you criticize anything around her you are a fat shaming homophobe sexist member of the patriarchy (or something).
    Really, the big dog/bear dude in the suit couldnt learn english over the last 40 years? really? what a team player that guy is. everyone else knows the language except this asshole (and the stupid robot). Mark Latham is writing his hit piece as we speak.

ill think of more things as we get closer to kickoff.

spaceships are dope though. spaceships are always dope.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Artistically they should have pulled the pin at the end of the 2nd movie [Empire Strikes Back].
    Business wise as long as people are willing to pay they will just keep rolling out more shit movies.

It's a business I get it but what a waste of resources.

Everyone reads too much into Star Wars IMO. I've never hated any of the movies because I don't think about them too much. I grew up watching the original trilogy almost every time I went to my grand parents (along with the Neverending Story which thank Jeebus hasn't been remade yet) and I absolutely loved the shit out for them. Ever since then I've never watched a movie set in space that I couldn't enjoy on some level. Cause at the absolute worst, I'm watching something with cool backdrops and settings, weird costumes and some alien creature to have weird sex dreams about. Maybe that's just me, but I could watch movies like "Jupiter Ascending" and completely enjoy myself, no matter what they heck that thing is meant to be about. Just give me aliens and a space ship and I'm happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

the other super dope thing about Star Wars is the concept art from Ralph Macquarie. Google this mofo is you havent yet.
    they are even using some of his original trilogy stuff for this new movie and it looks awesome.
    i know George Lucas gets all the deserved credit for the whole shebang, but man oh man there were some really important people whos input was invaluable.

theres a good youtube video out there of the story of the editor of the original movie and how bad it could have turned out if she didnt make some major changes. I think it might have been Lucas' wife at the time.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Add me to the list ��.

Anyone who doesn’t like Star Wars is a person I assume struggles to enjoy anything in life.

the amount of gushing over Carrie Fisher will be nauseating.
    i predict the first Emperor/Trump parallel think piece will be released approx 6 sec after the premiere.
    the movie will make a billionty dollars, so dont stress that people wont like the movie.
    even if the movie is great, some asshole wont like the movie just to be an asshole.
    even if the movie is horrid, lots of assholes will love the movie just because they are assholes.
    Marvel fanbois are now way way worse than Star Wars nerds so ummm congrats.
    people (mostly dudes) will scream to the clouds about how much the Star Warz GRRRLLLZZZZ kick ass because we cant watch the movie ourselves.
    anyone who doesnt secretly wish Poe and Finn hook up are homophobes.
    C3PO is an asshole and is easily the worst character and actor in the whole series.
    Daisy Ridley is super attractive, like really really really very attractive. except a million star wars nerds have now jacked off to her and thats a really weird thing.
    Adam Driver is terrible but you cant hate on him because he was in that show with Lena Dunham and if you criticize anything around her you are a fat shaming homophobe sexist member of the patriarchy (or something).
    Really, the big dog/bear dude in the suit couldnt learn english over the last 40 years? really? what a team player that guy is. everyone else knows the language except this asshole (and the stupid robot). Mark Latham is writing his hit piece as we speak.

ill think of more things as we get closer to kickoff.

spaceships are dope though. spaceships are always dope.
    Do you smile? I can’t picture it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Everyone reads too much into Star Wars IMO. I've never hated any of the movies because I don't think about them too much. I grew up watching the original trilogy almost every time I went to my grand parents (along with the Neverending Story which thank Jeebus hasn't been remade yet) and I absolutely loved the shit out for them. Ever since then I've never watched a movie set in space that I couldn't enjoy on some level. Cause at the absolute worst, I'm watching something with cool backdrops and settings, weird costumes and some alien creature to have weird sex dreams about. Maybe that's just me, but I could watch movies like "Jupiter Ascending" and completely enjoy myself, no matter what they heck that thing is meant to be about. Just give me aliens and a space ship and I'm happy.

If you added Indiana Jones to that, you just described my childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Do you smile? I can’t picture it.
    i get a giggle out of people who dont understand my posts if thats any consolation.

i dont hate the movies.

i hate the nerdz that wont let anyone talk about their movies.

marvel stans and star wars stans.

losers, the lot of them.
    Seems like I am WRONG