Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Thread: The Moofie Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Why wouldn't they make another one? The last one grossed over $500m and made a Net Profit over $100m.
    The same simpletons showing up for all the Marvel films will be turning up for this as well.
    oh i understand why they make them.
    i kind of understand why people go watch them.
    i dont understand why people try and tell me they are good though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

SW first thoughts. Two thumbs up from me

posted these in the wrong thread.
    preserved for posterity.

re: 6 underground
    this was a weird mess.
    its really difficult to watch Ryan Reynolds do anything without thinking its Deadpool. not a bad thing to be forever linked to a pretty iconic role but yeah every line is delivered the same.

also, not sure if they were trying to say something or if they were just lazy as all hell but using location shots that were clearly Abu Dhabi and telling the audience they were in Vegas, or putting iconic Singaporean buildings in the background of whats supposed to be Hong Kong (which also tried to pass off Abu Dhabi as Hong Kong) was all around weird and distracting.

but yeah as Mr Furns said, Ryan Reynolds in anything makes me smile (no ive never seen Green Lantern) so it was watchable.
    also, re-watched The Wolf of Wall Street the other day.
    remember seeing it at the movies and being pretty disappointed as id just finished the books and thought they'd tried to cram so much into such a small window.

a few years on though my god i didnt take the time to see how ****ing funny it is. its such a brilliant movie on its own.
    forgot how damn good Jonah Hill (yes Johan ****ing Hill) is in this.
    and Leo, woof him not winning an Oscar for this (and others) but getting the make up call for the bear movie is why we hate the Oscars.
    also also.
    going to watch the Star Wars one this weekend with Plague jnr.
    will report in with spoiler free opinions, but you Star Wars nerdz need to set a date for when we can properly talk about it.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

6 underground was a simple little action flick, did what was on the tin. Hated the bad guys, wanted the good guys to win, didn't believe anything was real life, only a tiny slow down for a very quick and painless love story, bad guy lost. Made me smile enough to warrant the time I spent on it.

Although I rewatched Cop Out last week as well and that thing has aged very well IMO. Tracey Morgan must have been super painful but fun to work with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I thought 6 underground was more than good enough for a watch and glad I did it. I don't disagree with heaps of the criticisms but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Re wolf of wall street, 100% agree with plaguesey. What an awesome and funny movie.

My opinion is if you want to avoid Star Wars spoilers and consider yourself a fan, you should be fair game by Monday.
    OK

i went to the Star Wars movie.

its a fantastic Star Wars movie.
    its got lots of Star Wars in it.
    if youve never seen a star wars movie youre gonna absolutely love it.
    if youve seen all of the star wars movies youre gonna just add that to the collection of star wars movies.

if you go there expecting Manchester by the sea then you will be disappointed but lets face it if you go there looking for Manchester by the sea then you are an asshole and are only doing it to complain to your fellow assholes on twitter.

its a ****ing star wars movie. it says so right in the title.

legit though lets get to the embargo date i still have a LOT of things to discuss with this movie.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i went to the Star Wars movie.

its a fantastic Star Wars movie.
    its got lots of Star Wars in it.
    if youve never seen a star wars movie youre gonna absolutely love it.
    if youve seen all of the star wars movies youre gonna just add that to the collection of star wars movies.

if you go there expecting Manchester by the sea then you will be disappointed but lets face it if you go there looking for Manchester by the sea then you are an asshole and are only doing it to complain to your fellow assholes on twitter.

its a ****ing star wars movie. it says so right in the title.

legit though lets get to the embargo date i still have a LOT of things to discuss with this movie.
    Thoroughly enjoyed it, however it kinda turns the previous 2 movies into character dev movies with no real consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed it, however it kinda turns the previous 2 movies into character dev movies with no real consequence.
    yeah i get this is the big talking point about the movie.

****and yes we are still spoiler free******

but im not sure what people actually expected.
    its a Star wars movie, thats what Star Wars does best.
    i liked the Last Jedi, but id say that storyline did way more damage to the overall 3 part arc than TROS did.
    Its obvious that JJ Abrams and Rian Johnson didnt map the thing out from the start, and thats poor planning. but i really dug it.

theres a million nit picks, and we'll get to them. but i found it way way way more entertaining than expected.
    Seems like I am WRONG

i liked the Last Jedi, but id say that storyline did way more damage to the overall 3 part arc than TROS did.
    Its obvious that JJ Abrams and Rian Johnson didnt map the thing out from the start, and thats poor planning. but i really dug it.

theres a million nit picks, and we'll get to them. but i found it way way way more entertaining than expected.
    Problem with TLJ is it essentially did to further the plot and needed certain characters to act differently for the so called story to work
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Didn’t even know it was a talking point. I’ve avoided all fan pages etc like the plague (hehe)

Want to nit pick?

I think the 3 titles in the new arc make the least sense against all the Star Wars films.

I think the Star Wars films are great for children under ten years of age. But I can take them or leave them other than TESB and I wouldn't even rate it in my top 100.
    The movies since the first two are really just a lot of turd polishing. Why not come up with something new ?
    The recent ones that have worked stick very much to the original formula - but it's getting old very quickly now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Didn’t even know it was a talking point. I’ve avoided all fan pages etc like the plague (hehe)
    yeah no one hates Star Wars movies as much as Star Wars nerdz. they hated TLJ but then hated the fact that TROS didnt turn out like TLJ.

the second those nerds discovered twitter then the world should have been put down like an old dog.
    Seems like I am WRONG

I watched The Last jedi [2017] on Disney + last night in glorious 4k HDR10.

For a big budget movie some of the sets and camerawork was extremely amateur looking type shit.

I think the storyline was ok in parts and by the end it was mostly an enjoyable experience - but absolutely no way is this movie in any way groundbreaking or essential viewing to anyone other than a fan of the franchise.

It could have been a great film with a bit of fine tuning - but they simply cut too many corners.

Watched Incredibles 2.

Great movie. Had me laughing all the way through.

Plague on the money again. Saw Ep 9 tonight & enjoyed it very much.

I think the Clone Wars Cartoon series has been the pick of the Star Wars efforts in recent times. Season 7 will be here in feb 2020.
    Movie wise I think Rogue One is probably the only one of the recent films that can stand alone - the others are far too reliant on past glories.
    Note: I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the other movies - I just think they could have been a lot better.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 28-12-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Only gripe I had was the return of ***** (ppl who have seen the movie know who I mean) was in no way hinted at in the previous two movies so it all felt a bit forced. Really think that they should have had someone overseeing the new trilogy (a la Kevin Feige) so it was all coherent and was building to something specific. All it really needed was a few little scenes and some extra lines of dialogue in VII &
    VIII to tie in with what they did in IX.
    Still liked them all though, just a bit of a missed opportunity to tie things together in a better way.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Once upon a time in Hollywood, Another good Tarentino movie, Although **** cults
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

I watched "The Big Bird Cage" last night. 10/10.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 14-01-2020 at 12:34 PM.