Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Moofie Thread

It would appear that the final trailer for the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens film has been put up today..

In the immortal words of q-money

hnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Enjoyed the new Star Wars movie.
    Entertaining.

Was good. Very Star Warsy, unlike the prequels.

more I think about it, the more I loved it.

kylo ren is quite possibly my new fav villain after just 1 movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Was good. Very Star Warsy, unlike the prequels.
    I think having actors that can act as well as having actors who are humans made it a lot better.

James Bond the storm trooper was pretty fun tho.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I think having actors that can act as well as having actors who are humans made it a lot better.

Also helped that the script wasn't awful. The whole start to TPM and pretty much every line Neeson had was painful. Kid Anakin, angsty Anakin were all awful as well.

How would you rate it with respect to all Star Wars Movies ? I mean is it better than Return of the Jedi ?
    Personally, I think Empire Strikes Back is far and away the best movie of the series, Star Wars earns respect because it was the first movie, and Return of the Jedi was a warning sign for how shit the franchise would become in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    How would you rate it with respect to all Star Wars Movies ? I mean is it better than Return of the Jedi ?
    Personally, I think Empire Strikes Back is far and away the best movie of the series, Star Wars earns respect because it was the first movie, and Return of the Jedi was a warning sign for how shit the franchise would become in the future.
    It's easily head and shoulders above all of the prequels (being diagnosed with cancer is above those, so it's not a hard ask) and I would almost say it's better than ROTJ. Maybe even ANH. ESB is easily the best though, agree with that.

It's really just good. Star Warsy (can't think of a better term than that), great fun. There's only one scene which I felt was completely pointless (think trash compactor scene kind of momentum stall when there could have been time spent on some more character development, maybe). The villain is fantastic, he's everything that prequel Anakin could have been and Rey is amazing as well. The way her and Fin bounced off each other was great.

I want to watch it again, right now.

How would you rate it with respect to all Star Wars Movies ?
    Don't think i can compare it. Those original 3 were pretty much the first movies I ever saw so they meant something pretty special. The new one is great but it means something totally different to me now, I'm still going to watch Goodfellas 35 times a year and be more amazed. TFA isn't groundbreaking but sometimes treading on such sacred ground can be a more difficult movie to make. But they did about as good a job as they could do with it.

Sitting there with Plague Jnr (he's 6) watching him stare at that screen with his mouth wide open for 2 hours made me realise what it's like to be that kid watching something so amazing for the first time.

He is hooked, I was happy. So I guess the movie did exactly what it set out to do.

Don't think i can compare it. Those original 3 were pretty much the first movies I ever saw so they meant something pretty special. The new one is great but it means something totally different to me now, I'm still going to watch Goodfellas 35 times a year and be more amazed. TFA isn't groundbreaking but sometimes treading on such sacred ground can be a more difficult movie to make. But they did about as good a job as they could do with it.

Sitting there with Plague Jnr (he's 6) watching him stare at that screen with his mouth wide open for 2 hours made me realise what it's like to be that kid watching something so amazing for the first time.

He is hooked, I was happy. So I guess the movie did exactly what it set out to do.
    If Plague Jnr endorses it that's good enough for me.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    kylo ren is quite possibly my new fav villain after just 1 movie.
    He has some serious anger issues..

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    He has some serious anger issues..
    you would too if you went out with Lena Dunham
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

you would too if you went out with Lena Dunham
    I had to google Lena Dunham as I had absolutely no idea who it was. After finding out I feel like I probably should have just kept on browsing videos on Nudevista instead.

Please all this Star Wars talk you all seem to be forgetting the big day 3 days from now. That's right Fox Studios release the next Deadpool trailer in 3 sleeps and it's only another 51sleeps till the Movie is released, not that I'm counting or anything.

2016 is huge for Movie loving geeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I know trailers can be misleading but that Batman v Superman looks like a hot pile of garbage.

I know trailers can be misleading but that Batman v Superman looks like a hot pile of garbage.
    I reckon you are upselling it. Such a shittily done trailer. "Oh look, Batman v Superman. They clash. Then Wonder Woman shows up. Then they unite and defeat a baddie." Why not just spoil the entire ****ing movie in the trailer?

It couldn't be any worse than those woeful Avengers movies. Holy crap they were bad - and yet they still made shit loads of money. Never underestimate the preferences of mongs when it comes to movies I guess.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 23-12-2015 at 12:53 PM.

It couldn't be any worse than those woeful Avengers movies. Holy crap they were bad - and yet they still made shit loads of money. Never underestimate the preferences of mongs when it comes to movies I guess.
    I thought the first iron man and the winter solider movie were good.
    The rest have been about as vanilla as a movie can get.

Not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I reckon you are upselling it. Such a shittily done trailer. "Oh look, Batman v Superman. They clash. Then Wonder Woman shows up. Then they unite and defeat a baddie." Why not just spoil the entire ****ing movie in the trailer?
    Not to mention the terrible Lex Zuckerburg dude.

Wonder Woman is seriously hot though.