Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Moofie Thread

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    I am quite good at lip-reading, so it was a cinch for me....

just watched tdkr - wow
    OK

Forgot to re-visit this thread.

Watched TDKR a week or so back and honestly was not that impressed.

About 2 hrs in to the movie I found my self thinking, "this movie has not really been that great, certainly nothing mind blowing about it". Of course the end was great but still, I don't think I would even call it a "classic". The trilogy as a whole are great but the movie certainly did not live up to the hype some people had been going on about. Certainly not 'the best film of our generation' like I have seem some tout. For example I would still hold The Matrix over this.

IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Forgot to re-visit this thread.

Watched TDKR a week or so back and honestly was not that impressed.

About 2 hrs in to the movie I found my self thinking, "this movie has not really been that great, certainly nothing mind blowing about it". Of course the end was great but still, I don't think I would even call it a "classic". The trilogy as a whole are great but the movie certainly did not live up to the hype some people had been going on about. Certainly not 'the best film of our generation' like I have seem some tout. For example I would still hold The Matrix over this.

IMO.
    The Matrix was one great film and two poor follow ups. TDKR is ten times the trilogy that the Matrix will ever be. there were so many great mommetns throughout TDKR and great personal momments between characters. Plus the cinematography was brilliant, JGL was great throughout and the villians were as evil as Ras Al' Goul, uncompromising, and completely focused on their task that their own personal vendetta's allowed for a cataclismic ending of epic propotions.

If you didn't love it I'm sorry, perhaps you should see it again when it comes out on DVD/Blur Ray and watch the whole trilogy and you'll come around.
    Last edited by Rocknerd; 02-08-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: wrong Two of to, too's used

I actually think the Matrix sequels get a bad wrap. Revolutions isn't great at times, especially the cheesy moments during the battle at Zion, but I never really got all the hate. They're not as good as the first one though.

TDKR just starts with a bang and then goes through a lot of stuff, not saying that I found that part boring, to set up the epic second half of the film.

The build up is there to lay the foundations for the Ultimate ending. I found nothing boring about it and was suprised that I didn't notice the movement of time (as I did with the Dark Knight due to the false endings)

But when you look at the trilogies of our generation, Matrix, Star Wars Prequels, Lord of the Rings and The dark Knight. Batman is the clear winner with the pure Awesomeness of Characters, use of CGI (as it was limited to the only when necesay) and overall story line and scripting. Nolan had a direction and followed it, the others either dragged on to the point of boredom or became silly.

IMO.
    fyo
    OK

Correct me if I'm wrong but TDKR is a movie in The Dark Knight trilogy.
    I was strictly reviewing the movie, I didn't compare it to the matrix trilogy at all (we all know the first movie is much stronger than the second two).

As I said, I think the trilogy as a whole are fantastic and the atmosphere throughout is great. I just did not find the final movie to be breath taking, yes it was good but I just don't think it's as momentous as many people make it out to be, I don't think it's a "game changer".

SPOILER ALERT YOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (soz)

There were several times during the movie I was a little disappointed.
    The "pit" Bruce was thrown in to was built up hugely as "hell on earth" etc but he was cared for and even helped and encouraged by the other inmates. The jail itself didn't seem to test him at all, in fact it gave him good protection and a perfect place to rejuvenate his strength etc.
    Also the way Ras al goul's daughter died was really disappointing considering she really was the main villain in the end. Particularly when you compare the physical trauma Robin managed to deal with when he rolled his car.
    The COPS vs BANES MEN scene where you see a pack of cops running at a group of men with assault rifles. Ridiculous. Also there seemed to be very few cops hitting the ground when running in to a barrage of bullets.
    Zee lack of bloooooooooodddddddd! Come on it's meant to be raw and gritty! Pffft pg 13 +

YES I KNOW IM BEING ULTRA CRITICAL. I LIKED THE FILM.

Personally I enjoyed The Dark Knight more.
    Last edited by russjaybee; 02-08-2012 at 02:45 PM.

phwoar spoiler alert much.

SPOILER ALERT

[spoiler]

but i agree in that the daughter + even bane's death were very unglorious. bane was literally tossed like a ragdoll, and barely any attention was paid to it, even though he was seemingly the main villain for the majority of the film.

[/spoiler]

but imo that movie was the bomb. i got all glassy-eyed at the part that everyone knows that has seen it.
    OK

SPOILER ALERT YOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (soz)

There were several times during the movie I was a little disappointed.
    The "pit" Bruce was thrown in to was built up hugely as "hell on earth" etc but he was cared for and even helped and encouraged by the other inmates. The jail itself didn't seem to test him at all, in fact it gave him good protection and a perfect place to rejuvenate his strength etc.

Personally I enjoyed The Dark Knight more.
    "When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die" ???

New Batman.
    Saw it today finally.
    expected a lot.
    it was way better than expected.
    good job by all.

So Disney swapped $4billion for Lucasfilm.
    This is the best rant that represents the majority of people I know over the age of 30.
    Link here: http://updates.gawker.com/post/34669...ium=socialflow

I grew up with the Star Wars trilogy and I count myself among the millions of people who have disavowed the prequel trilogy, accused George Lucas of childhood rape (LEGITIMATE CHILDHOOD RAPE), and cursed Lucasfilm for cunningly blending the original trilogy and prequel characters together in virtually all Star Wars children’s merchandise. I couldn’t keep my children from those ****ing Jar Jar movies if I tried. BECAUSE GEORGE LUCAS IS A BEARDED SHIT DEMON WHO WILL DO ANYTHING FOR MONEY.

And now this. I don’t think I’m alone in dreading the idea of paying another goddamn red cent for a Star Wars movie ticket after Lucas made three terrible movies and went back to monkeyfart with the older, better ones, ruining them in the process (They are no longer magic now that the yub yub song is gone! I demand they be as awe-inspiring as when I saw them at four years old!).

But deep down, I already know I’m gonna see every shitty, horrible Star Wars movie that Disney pumps out. It’s like rooting for a sports team that never wins anything (or more accurately, a sports team that won three titles thirty years ago and hasn’t won a game since). The fact that the franchise is under new ownership doesn’t change my blind, stupid loyalty. You always come crawling back, and you hate yourself for it every time. I hate the fact that Lucas got to cash out to the tune of $4 billion after supposedly guarding his precious Star Wars storyline so closely. I hate that he sold it to a company that has already scheduled a new movie without even bothering to work on things like, I dunno, a plot. And I REALLY ****ing hate the idea of someone not named Harrison Ford playing Han Solo. Some asshole at Disney is gonna greenlight Taylor Lautner as Han and then the Internet will die. There are so many things that can go wrong with this coming trilogy that it’s hard to imagine it not being completely ****ed, just another horrible dilution of a once beloved pop culture artifact, like the past ten seasons of “The Simpsons.”

And yet, I’m going to sit here like a rube for the next three years and privately hope that somehow—despite all evidence to the contrary and despite the fact that no movie can ever equal the milestone movie moments of your childhood—this thing turns out to be awesome. After all, Lucas’ grubby little fingers won’t be on this new edition of Star Wars. The brilliance of the original trilogy is that Lucas ceded screenwriting and directorial control to other people for the final two thirds of it. Nerdy Internet nerds were praying he’d do the same for the prequels, only to watch as he micromanaged them into a pile of half-animated dogshit.

Now the series is finally free from Lucas’ ambling, simplistic vision. The names “Abrams” and “Whedon” have and will be tossed out five billion times in the next year or so, with the idea that there’s someone out there who adores the original trilogy and has the creative force to bring the new movies up to that impossible standard. But then again, who the **** wants that job? Money aside, who wants to sit there for three years working feverishly on a movie that they know everyone will see just so they can shit all over it? It would probably be easier for Disney to hire some random asshole and base the new trilogy off of one of those Star Wars novels that are beloved only by strange, horrible people. The whole idea of Luke Skywalker running some Jedi Academy makes my asshole itch.

But still, I’m gonna be there. I’m gonna be there on opening night with all the aggressive nerds wearing costumes and anticipating this seventh Star Wars with balled fists, praying for the best but ready to be outraged that we got something far less. I feel like such a jackass for getting sucked into all this again. But it’ll happen. We can’t help it. That’s why George Lucas just walked off with four billion to spend on sail barges and Slave Leia hookers. ****ing Lucas.

-Drew Magary
    @drewmagagry

I'm under 30 and seeing that Disney has taken over production of new Star Wars movies fills me with A New Hope. Look at the Marvel movies recently. The Avengers was awesome and most of the other Marvel movies (Thor, Capo America, Iron Man, Hulk etc) have been good.

Disney just need to put the time and effort into making these films good and they will rake in the $, £, € & ¥. Personally I would like to see them go with an ageing Luke, Han and Leia "passing on the baton" so to speak to Ben Skywalker etc. They cannot get away with putting it straight after the Battle of Endor, given the ages of the actors and there is no doubt that the world would rise as one against other actors playing adult versions of Luke, Leia and Han.

Also, 2015 FFS. The Avengers 2, Justice League of America and Star Wars VII. That's a very solid line up.
    Last edited by Thomas477; 31-10-2012 at 10:50 PM.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Agree with that blog posted above - however if you want a director who is a Star Wars tragic and wouldnt want to **** it up - go for Kevin Smith. Jersey Girl and Cop Out notwithstanding.......

Although he probably wouldnt touch it with a barge pole.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

its disney...

it will be star wars cuddle battles with the ewoks.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

i reckon it'll be sweet. tom hanks to play the new sith lord.

OK

I have no love for this! the prequel was an abomination and any further adding to the films will only weaken their awesomeness.

Why can't we just leave it in cartoon and comic book form.

Checkout the return of Darth Mall, Tom Taylor wrote the story and it is awesome!

I just saw Prometheus for the first time the other night..
    It was pretty damn good.. Obviously I was high, but still couldnt shake the feeling that it was a bit cheesy and shitty in parts.. I think I'll have to give it a sober run through.. (Sounds like what I say about every Jets game replay, haha)

Anyone seen Argo yet?
    Heard its sposed to be good. But Affleck is involved so that makes me nervous.
    Although the Town was ok so maybe he's good now.
    Thoughts?