Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: The Moofie Thread

Has anyone seen "Youth in Revolt" with Michael Cera. Piss funny movie for anyone that likes dark comedies. I've seen it probably ten times and it still has me laughing.

Last edited by The Dunster; 03-02-2018 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    anyone that likes dark comedies.
    have you seen 'The Lobster'?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

well lets be upfront here in admitting that ive been fooled by trailers before ('sup Suicide Squad?) but that Solo movie doesnt quite look like it will be the steaming pile of turd it seemed destined to be.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    have you seen 'The Lobster'?
    I can't remember seeing it but an hour or so in I'm just as likely to remember I did. But given the cast it looks like a pretty good movie and worth another look.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I can't remember seeing it but an hour or so in I'm just as likely to remember I did. But given the cast it looks like a pretty good movie and worth another look.
    oh its weird. and dark. and uncomfortable.

but i kind of dig being uncomfortable. its healthy.
    so it made me laugh at all the weird people.
    Colin Farrell is quite brilliant.
    Seems like I am WRONG

oh its weird. and dark. and uncomfortable.

but i kind of dig being uncomfortable. its healthy.
    so it made me laugh at all the weird people.
    Colin Farrell is quite brilliant.
    Did you like A Clockwork Orange ? A lot of people are shocked by it but I couldn't stop laughing.

So in light of even more weird shit coming out about Tarantino it’s interesting to see how many people are able to hold their nose and say “we’ll hes a grub but I’m only here for his work”.

I know there are some fanboys on here, speak up.

So in light of even more weird shit coming out about Tarantino it’s interesting to see how many people are able to hold their nose and say “we’ll hes a grub but I’m only here for his work”.

I know there are some fanboys on here, speak up.
    Not really knowing what the current outrage of the week is and not caring, I find it pretty easy to just be there for everyone's work. People do dumb shit, its what we do. I feel like the latest craze of selective outrage is due to the meeting of social media culture with celebrity culture, both of which I hate. Not to say I approve of the bad things people do, or to ignore that there are people doing bad things - I just find it pretty easy to not care. You could probably dig into the histories of people in your close family or people in your street and find some other stuff to be upset about too.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not really knowing what the current outrage of the week is and not caring, I find it pretty easy to just be there for everyone's work. People do dumb shit, its what we do. I feel like the latest craze of selective outrage is due to the meeting of social media culture with celebrity culture, both of which I hate. Not to say I approve of the bad things people do, or to ignore that there are people doing bad things - I just find it pretty easy to not care. You could probably dig into the histories of people in your close family or people in your street and find some other stuff to be upset about too.
    So are you applying those same sensibilities to Trump?

So are you applying those same sensibilities to Trump?
    Honestly, during the whole election saga I was incredulous and laughing that it was happening. Disbelief when it did happen. And since, for the most part I haven't really cared or put any thought into it - it doesn't affect me really. I laugh at some of the quotes I hear from him still on the news or whatever but that's about it. I still don't like him and think its hilarious that he is the POTUS. But to quote a great man "I ain't spendin any more time on it".

As mention previously in the politics thread I do also find some of the stuff thrown his way by media funny and just typical double standards.

edit: Just thinking about it - I probably cared about as much or more when Abbott was PM. I think he's a massive idiot and hated most things he stood for and it affected me more.
    Last edited by Macca; 07-02-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Soz Macca I got you confused with someone else over in the Politics thread you have good and correct Trump takes that’s my bad.

Soz Macca I got you confused with someone else over in the Politics thread you have good and correct Trump takes that’s my bad.
    All is forgiven my friend.

On a somewhat related note. Just been watching House of Cards in the last few weeks, just into Season 2 and absolutely loving it.
    Apparently Kevin Spacey has been embroiled in some of this Hollywood scandal drama recently and my friend told me he'll no longer be in the new seasons. Man, whoever's stepping up has some big shoes to fill cause Kev has been nailing it so far I reckon.

All i can say about the movie industry is thank god women aren't trying to use their looks to make money.

On a somewhat related note. Just been watching House of Cards in the last few weeks, just into Season 2 and absolutely loving it.
    Apparently Kevin Spacey has been embroiled in some of this Hollywood scandal drama recently and my friend told me he'll no longer be in the new seasons. Man, whoever's stepping up has some big shoes to fill cause Kev has been nailing it so far I reckon.
    Will still gladly watch 92% of Kevin Spacey movies/TV guilt free.

I think the dude is a fantastic actor.

Will still gladly watch 92% of Kevin Spacey movies/TV guilt free.

I think the dude is a fantastic actor.
    The scene in American Beauty where he gets himself a voluntary redundancy package is priceless.

First time in over 10 years I watched " Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" last night - I just love how dark and bizarre the ending is!

And Vinnie Jones being a khunt.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar

being up to date, they really should just have ended without a final season.

it was nearing jump the shark territory. i have no idea how they're gonna swing his off-screen departure without it being in some cheesy way.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Anyone watched Shot in the dark on Netflix. I found it really intriguing
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

New Deadpool trailer looks fun.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    First time in over 10 years I watched " Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" last night - I just love how dark and bizarre the ending is!

And Vinnie Jones being a khunt.
    Such a brilliant film..