Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: The Moofie Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Ok ok ok.

**Spoiler Alert**

It was still a holy shit he actually did it moment.
    Now think about it for a second, Thanos had to sacrifice the thing he loves most to use the soul gem. So... if this is going to be reversed just think about what is going to have to be sacrificed.
    ******INFINITY WAR SPOILERS DISCUSSED******

Yes, that moment was crazy, and then the end of the movie was a feeling of "wow"

I think it will be "reversed" but there will be some that won't be "reversed". Names being withheld until we get the clear to chat about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    ******INFINITY WAR SPOILERS DISCUSSED******

Yes, that moment was crazy, and then the end of the movie was a feeling of "wow"

I think it will be "reversed" but there will be some that won't be "reversed". Names being withheld until we get the clear to chat about it
    Yeah that was my problem.
    The grand sum of all these movies will prob be that only 1 or 2 high profile characters actually end up dying, and that's only because the actors are done with the contracts.

Great if you wanna see the same thing bnb over and over again for 18 movies but jesus christ it took Nolan 3 to 'kill' Batman, but instead of exploring the world beyond his death DC just reset it. Such garbage.

It's just the same formula spread out over a decade.

Trash.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah that was my problem.
    The grand sum of all these movies will prob be that only 1 or 2 high profile characters actually end up dying, and that's only because the actors are done with the contracts.

Great if you wanna see the same thing bnb over and over again for 18 movies but jesus christ it took Nolan 3 to 'kill' Batman, but instead of exploring the world beyond his death DC just reset it. Such garbage.

It's just the same formula spread out over a decade.

Trash.
    Strap yourself in Plague this is going to be a long one.

Ha you're kidding right Nolans death of Batman was absolute poo. The only thing that could have made the DKR death any lamer would have been My Hero by Foo Fighters playing in the background. No onscreen death, then it took him less than 10 minutes to say nah tricked ya his not dead.

*** Spoiler alert ***

Himdal- Dead, gone not coming back.

Loki- Finally does the right thing, not to protect himself but because he is trying to protect those that he cares for. Finishing his arc of redemption from Villain to Hero, then BAM stabbed through the heart infront of his brother. Thanos "no resurrections this time". Dead gone may come back in flash backs or time travel.

Gamora- WHAT... What, what, that actually happened.
    Gamora "Haha you lose Thanos you have nothing to sacrifice because you care for nothing."
    Red Skull "those tears aren't for him."
    Thanos "Goodbye little one."
    Dead- possibly.
    Coming back- possibly she may be trapped in the Soul Gem. However if she comes back it's going to have repercussions for her to come back.

Vision- **** me that was some brutal shit.
    The bloke knew he had to be killed, he told the person he loves she has to do it.
    Caps is all like no one is sacrificing themselves. Vision is like pfft hypocrite you done it in WW2 for the greater good.
    Then Scarlett Witch is like, I don't want to do this but I'm going to kill you anyway I have to. (man i pity the next bloke she cares about this chick is a curse on those close to her)
    BAM Vision dies, Scarlett Witch kills him she has to live with those demons. Everyone is like argh we got you now Thanos we're going to win. BAM... Then Thanos is like solid you guys I didn't think you had that in you but hold up one sec. Lets just rewind that traumatic shit you had to do so you can see it again but this time I'm gunna do it and I'm gunna get that Gem.
    Vision- **comics spoiler** if he ain't dead and he comes back he ain't helping the good guys. Oh and if Wanda comes back from the click and she is pregnant 10 years from now shit is going down.

Finger Click death's- Yeah there coming back, but at what prices. Like I said Thanos had to sacrifice Gamora for everyone to come back someone is going to have to die (my guess Tony is going to have to kill Pepper(a pregnant Pepper) or Cap).

Was this the best movie ever? No.
    Was I on the edge of my seat for the whole movie? Yes
    Was it full of one liners and quips? Yes
    Was it full of action? Yes
    Did it lack a plot? Yes
    Was it more of the same formula from Marvel? Yes
    Are Marvel going to change that formula? 16 billion reasons why thats a NO.

Movies like this are a Cinematic experience, if you want to watch the next Oscar winning Movie then go watch something else with Jodie Foster in it crying about how films just aren't films anymore.

Meanwhile Disney will just keep rolling in the cash and I'll be crying in my popcorn. Be it from Spidey telling Ironman he doesn't want to die or from Spidey telling Star Lord Flash Dance isn't a great movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Strap yourself in Plague this is going to be a long one.
    wow, brought back memories of losing my virginity.......but that was last week, onto more recent events.

Yeah look, if the movie ended how it ended, i would have ranked it as prob my favourite Marvel movie. I really enjoyed it, and liked how Pink Thumb bad dude had his own twisted logic.
    Because they took chances, and changed the game.

But.

They are all coming back except prob Loki (Stringer Bell is not a major character i aint counting his death as anything flash).
    Even the Green Lady angle is apparently not set in stone as they are saying Hot Scottish Blue lady (phwoooaaarrrr) will sacrifice herself to bring sis back.
    And it sounds like Metal Elon Musk will 'sacrifice' himself to kill Thumb Man in the final moment to bring it all full circle.

So there we are back to normal, with EVERYONE still alive except maybe one or 2 main characters.

Id just love to have seen some of them get permanently chopped to drive home how bad old Pink Thumb Guy was. If you want to bring back assholes like Metal Arm guy or One Trick Tree Guy or old WWE guy, then wait til the inevitable re-boot and give them some shine again (get Affleck to play the Tree that would be dope).

They have shown that whatever direction they go in, they make bank. They dont necessarily 'need' these extra dudes to still hang around to keep the franchise going.

if all those dudes stayed dead im still lining up to watch the next one in a years time.

Yeah look, as for the Batman thing, i thought the ending was at least original. Was he really dead, was he really alive with Catwoman in italy because Italy doesnt have the internet and no one would recognise them over there just chillin.
    i wanted to see the next movie in that series to see how they handled the changing of the guard. Except DC just went nah lets show Bruces Parents get killed again DID YOU KNOW THEY DIED AT THE MOVIES BAH GAWD WHAT A SHOCKER!!!!

Im all for the sillyness of big budget popcorn flicks. I just dig seeing something ive never seen before.
    Thought id just seen it, but alas, its all for nowt.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

I can understand people enjoying the Marvel and DC movies but to call them a cinematic experience is probably reaching a little too far.
    Forget about great movies and just focus on the experience of it all and I think of movies like Metropolis, King Kong, Gone With the Wind, Wizard of Oz, Psycho, 2001 A Space Odyssey, Star Wars, Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark...and so on to name a few.

Those films totally blew peoples minds not simply because they were great stories, or well acted, or contained complicated plots - but because they ventured into uncharted territory and did it in a larger than life way.

Maybe younger people think that way about Marvel / DC movies - but I can't see it myself.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 02-05-2018 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I can understand people enjoying the Marvel and DC movies but to call them a cinematic experience is probably reaching a little too far.
    Forget about great movies and just focus on the experience of it all and I think of movies like Metropolis, King Kong, Gone With the Wind, Wizard of Oz, Psycho, 2001 A Space Odyssey, Star Wars, Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark...and so on to name a few.

Those films totally blew peoples minds not simply because they were great stories, or well acted, or contained complicated plots - but because they ventured into uncharted territory and did it in a larger than life way.

Maybe younger people think that way about Marvel / DC movies - but I can't see it myself.
    yeah look its easy to think that way.
    but i took Plague Jnr to the Avengers and he lost it.
    same as the first time he saw The Force Awakens.

we watched Jaws recently, but he bailed thought it was wack as ****. big rubber shark aint foolin no one these days.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

yeah look its easy to think that way.
    but i took Plague Jnr to the Avengers and he lost it.
    same as the first time he saw The Force Awakens.

we watched Jaws recently, but he bailed thought it was wack as ****. big rubber shark aint foolin no one these days.
    I don't think you realise that before Jaws the paranoia about shark attacks simply did not exist. Sure people were aware of them - but after the movie peoples awareness went to a completely new level. Nobody thought the shark looked real in 1975 either - so I think you might be missing the point.

Same applied to King Kong. No reasonable person thought a gorilla could grow big enough to swat planes like flies either. What it did though is implant the idea that an ultimately passive animal was actually a killer to be feared by everyone. That fear exists today and is pretty much attributable to the species smear campaign of that movie.

How have the Marvel franchise changed peoples perceptions of reality?
    Last edited by The Dunster; 03-05-2018 at 01:25 AM.

id say the main one is that it taught society that blokes named 'Clint' can be cool.

pretty amazing when you think about it.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Not quite sure about changing peoples reception of reality.
    But Marvel we're the first Studio to successfully bring multiple film franchise into the same cinematic universe and changed the landscape of Hollywood, which has left all the other big studios scrambling and playing catch up. The visuals of these movies are absolutely stunning and pushing the boundaries of Visual effects every new film.

Like it or not Dunstersuar the world is moving on from your nostalgia. Yes all those movies you mentioned have there place in cinematic history but I would argue non of those other then Star Wars will leave an imprint close to the MCU. The MCU is 10 years old with 19 movies and after Infinity War it will be close to $17 Billion at the box office. There is no sign of it slowing down and as I stated in another post with Disneys acquisition of Fox, Kevin Feige and the MCU directors will have a bunch of new toys for another 10+ years.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

To be fair though money isn't always a great indicator.

Avatar and Titanic are a couple of the biggest grossing movies ever and no one is rewatchingvthose with and enthusiasm.

Also, Transformers and Fast n Furious movies make mega bank and even though Vin Diesel should have at least 6 Oscar's and I'm def 1st in line for the Rock/Statham team up, Transformers stink.

and if were going down the list, I'd still argue that 19(?) Movies later the MCU hasn't made anything nearly as good as The Dark Knight.

Disneys acquisition of Fox, Kevin Feige and the MCU directors will have a bunch of new toys for another 10+ years.
    this is a very good point.
    Because the X men movies and Fantastic 4 efforts all stink.

Deadpool worked so well because it was kind of the 'anti Marvel'.

Would be interesting to see if Marvel can turn those movies around.
    Because if they can't you would think fatigue would kick in real quick.

Like it or not Dunstersuar the world is moving on from your nostalgia. Yes all those movies you mentioned have there place in cinematic history but I would argue non of those other then Star Wars will leave an imprint close to the MCU. The MCU is 10 years old with 19 movies and after Infinity War it will be close to $17 Billion at the box office. There is no sign of it slowing down and as I stated in another post with Disneys acquisition of Fox, Kevin Feige and the MCU directors will have a bunch of new toys for another 10+ years.
    Yeaaaaaah.. Not sure I agree with this mate.. I mean, it's all subjective obviously. You love your MCU movies, thats good stuff, have at it..
    Personally, I'd watch any of the movies that The Dunstersaur (awesome name btw) mentioned before tuning in to the MCU films..

I've probably only seen a handful of the 19 movies (so far), but personally they do nothing for me.. They appear to just be these mass-produced, sometimes re-hashed, money-spinners with a heavy emphasis on digital effects.. (Which from the few I've seen, weren't even that amazing). Production company is happy to just keep pumping out this sh!t, knowing very well that so long as they have hectic special effects (and perhaps Scarlett's boobs pressed about the place) that they will make money no matter what, ala what plague mentioned with the Fast N Furious/Transformers series..

That's just what it feels like to me.. Sort of like the 2000's era Star Wars episode 1-3 films.. Just trying to make up for a lack of everything, by bunging as much special effects in as possible, then watch the cheddar flow in..
    Just cause the masses will pay to see it, doesn't mean its cinematic brilliance or memorable historically.

Last edited by Bon; 03-05-2018 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Subjective, idiot..

Also like to add that Gangnam style was at one point the most viewed video on youtube. Best song ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Also like to add that Gangnam style was at one point the most viewed video on youtube. Best song ever?
    Yes it is.

if were going down the list, I'd still argue that 19(?) Movies later the MCU hasn't made anything nearly as good as The Dark Knight.
    Yeah I guess it's all subjective, personally my favorite Comic book movie is Batman Returns, man Danny Devito as the Penguin I just love that.
    As for the MCU, I have a few I put before The Dark Knight, toss up between Winter Soldier and Ragnarok as my favorite.

Look I know these films aren't the greatest films in history but the franchise as a whole has made more of an impact on Hollywood than all of those mentioned by Dunstersuar other then maybe Star Wars.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

To be fair though money isn't always a great indicator.

Avatar and Titanic are a couple of the biggest grossing movies ever and no one is rewatchingvthose with and enthusiasm.

Also, Transformers and Fast n Furious movies make mega bank and even though Vin Diesel should have at least 6 Oscar's and I'm def 1st in line for the Rock/Statham team up, Transformers stink.

and if were going down the list, I'd still argue that 19(?) Movies later the MCU hasn't made anything nearly as good as The Dark Knight.
    Avatar and Titanic are the same movie - they just changed the sets.

I know its not a movie, but we don't have a live theatre thread (and I'm pretty sure we don't need one otherwise), has anyone seen The Book Of Mormon??
    I'm heading down to see it in Sydney on Friday night.. Have heard its fvcking amazing..

Solo is good. Star Wars continuing its trend of good movies

ok so theres no way im going to the movies to pay for it,

BUT

The Aquaman trailer actually looked like it might be an ok movie.

but yeah DC has sucked me in before, so it aint happening again.

but im def cheering for any and all winners James Wan (and Leigh Wannell) have. They are a pretty ****ing remarkable Australian success story.

good for them.
    Seems like I am WRONG

also, ive no idea of the story of 'Shazam' but the trailer also looked like it might be entertaining.
    Seems like I am WRONG