Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: The Moofie Thread

as for Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

they could just have shown a midget playing banjo for two minutes in the trailer and they are def getting my money GIVE ME ALL OF THE BIG SCARY MONSTERS!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I know its not a movie, but we don't have a live theatre thread (and I'm pretty sure we don't need one otherwise), has anyone seen The Book Of Mormon??
    I'm heading down to see it in Sydney on Friday night.. Have heard its fvcking amazing..
    It is amazing
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    also, ive no idea of the story of 'Shazam' but the trailer also looked like it might be entertaining.
    Shazam was on with Secrets of Isis in the mid 1970's on saturday mornings.

Can remember heated debates about who was hotter between Isis and Wonder Woman back in the day.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 23-07-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Shazam was on with Secrets of Isis in the mid 1970's on saturday mornings.

Can remember heated debates about who was hotter between Isis and Wonder Woman back in the day.
    Only debate was the mass debate....Lynda by a mile..

I don't want to get anyone too rigid with this news, but I just found out that Predator is on tonight at the Newcastle Cinema on King St..
    The original. On the big screen....

i watched some movies recently.

Avengers Infinity War: still a really really good movie. Still angry about the ending not meaning anything.

Thor Ragnarok: Actually enjoyed it. Fresh take on the (very overwhelming) superhero story. Between this and Avengers its pretty amazing that in the twilight of RDJ's career that a former Home and Away star is anchoring the biggest franchise in the world at the moment.

Deadpool 2: I cannot get over how beautiful that Vanessa lady is. My god, she is just stunning. i think there was a funny movie in and around shots of her but im not sure sorry but wow what a very attractive lady she is.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

i watched some movies recently.

Avengers Infinity War: still a really really good movie. Still angry about the ending not meaning anything.

Thor Ragnarok: Actually enjoyed it. Fresh take on the (very overwhelming) superhero story. Between this and Avengers its pretty amazing that in the twilight of RDJ's career that a former Home and Away star is anchoring the biggest franchise in the world at the moment.

Deadpool 2: I cannot get over how beautiful that Vanessa lady is. My god, she is just stunning. i think there was a funny movie in and around shots of her but im not sure sorry but wow what a very attractive lady she is.
    You should see her in Gotham
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    You should see her in Gotham
    Morena

You only need to see her in Firefly
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Morena

You only need to see her in Firefly
    I have. Mmmm

Checked out a few movies on Netfrix over the weekend..

Saw the cult classic The Warriors for the first time.. (I used to play the video game on PS2 back in the day, but never got what it was aboot)
    As B-grade as some of the acting was, the film was damn great.. Very dark and dirty.
    The now famous "Warrrrriors.. Come out to playyyyy-ayyyy" scene is just brilliant, so menacing and sinister..

The other was What We Do In The Shadows. Pretty damn hilarious.
    If you haven't seen it, it's a kiwi film (with old-mate from Flight Of The Conchords) as one of a group of vampires living in a share-house in Wellington.
    It kind of reminded me of Shaun Of The Dead in the sense that its a piss-take on those serious/scary genres. Very funny and clever, worth a look.

I watched The Godfather on Netflix.

A talented cast but the story / script made me cringe.
    The editing / continuity was absolutely woeful as well especially concerning Pacino's Michael Corleone character.

It's more like a TV Drama than a movie and no way does it deserve the accolades it receives.

How it could beat Deliverance for Best Picture I'll never understand.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 28-09-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I watched The Godfather on Netflix.

A talented cast but the story / script made me cringe.
    The editing / continuity was absolutely woeful as well especially concerning Pacino's Michael Corleone character.

It's more like a TV Drama than a movie and no way does it deserve the accolades it receives.

How it could beat Deliverance for Best Picture I'll never understand.

yeah it has not aged well.
    remember thinking Part 2 was ok (think its widely regarded as the best of the trilogy).
    Part 3 though, woof, thats a bad movie with a really really bad actress in a prominent role.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Ok, so I finally got around to watching Black Panther, you know, the movie that people seriously wanted to win an Oscar for best picture.

Ummm, I dont think it's very good, at all.

It's not the worst Marvel effort but geez, some of you people need to get out more if you thought it was any type of groundbreaking.

Pros:
    Lupita Nyong'o is a seriously beautiful woman.
    I could watch a movie that was just 90 min of Michael B Jordan saying "sup?".

Cons:
    Buddy cant act. Marvel has done such a good job of making sure they had good actors in pretty much every vital role (and there are a lot). But that dude is just so wooden and unconvincing.

The special effects were kind of 'awful'. Not sure why, but the fight scenes looked so fake. Same with Spiderman. It's amazing that Marvel makes a giant green cgi man look more realistic that a couple of dudes in suits.

Overall, an average Marvel flick at best.
    2.5/5

So I guess that makes me racist.
    Sorry.

Ok, so I finally got around to watching Black Panther, you know, the movie that people seriously wanted to win an Oscar for best picture.

Ummm, I dont think it's very good, at all.

It's not the worst Marvel effort but geez, some of you people need to get out more if you thought it was any type of groundbreaking.

Pros:
    Lupita Nyong'o is a seriously beautiful woman.
    I could watch a movie that was just 90 min of Michael B Jordan saying "sup?".

Cons:
    Buddy cant act. Marvel has done such a good job of making sure they had good actors in pretty much every vital role (and there are a lot). But that dude is just so wooden and unconvincing.

The special effects were kind of 'awful'. Not sure why, but the fight scenes looked so fake. Same with Spiderman. It's amazing that Marvel makes a giant green cgi man look more realistic that a couple of dudes in suits.

Overall, an average Marvel flick at best.
    2.5/5

So I guess that makes me racist.
    Sorry.
    If you need something to refresh the palate, do yourself a favor and watch Zombeavers on Netfrix..
    Cabin in the woods, b-grade script, d-grade acting, z-grade effects, a-grade exposed boobs..
    It's so awful that it is great...

I am all over your alphabet ratings there. Might check it out tonight with a few bevvies.

Movie so bad and characters so awful that you're actually cheering for the beavers after twenty minutes or so. And the a-grade isn't on often enough to make up for the rest of it.

1 out of 5 Adam Griffs

Den of Thieves is great.
    Fat alcoholic Gerald Butler is the best Gerald Butler.
    Dont @ me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Movie so bad and characters so awful that you're actually cheering for the beavers after twenty minutes or so. And the a-grade isn't on often enough to make up for the rest of it.

1 out of 5 Adam Griffs
    HAHAHA.. I'm glad you watched it..
    The lesbian scene was looking good until she grew beaver teeth and tried to eat her.. (no puns intended)
    Last edited by Bon; 05-11-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Haven't seen Zombeavers yet but if it's half as good as Sharknado I'll be loving it. Obviously it won't be to the standards of Sharknado 5 - but few films are.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 05-11-2018 at 11:03 AM.

LOTR extended edition trilogy. Greatest thing ever