Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: The Moofie Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Really rated it hey. Don’t like Ben affleck but liked that one
    i enjoyed it.
    what did blow me away though, was how well it was made, and that it had legitimate movie stars in a movie ON NETFLIX.
    we are a lot closer than we think to big time movies being available at home as the same time as the theatre.

its only gonna take someone from one of these huge movie franchises like Mission Impossible, Fast N Furious, Marvel etc to do a deal and release one on the platform.

then its all gonna get wild.
    im all for it, **** going to the movies, and ill happily pay $20 for direct access at home on day 1 for a new Vin Diesel masterpiece.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Ummm... wtf?

Forget it...
    Just did some research, its for a Superbowl Ad....
    Fvcking ads..
    Really got my hopes up with this. I loved the Big Lebowski.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Really got my hopes up with this. I loved the Big Lebowski.
    Yeah, sorry mate..
    I was hoping too..

I watched Cafe Society last night on Netflix. Not Woody Allen's best pic by a long way but decent enough to pass the time.

A lot better than Blue Jasmine but not up to the level of a Midnight in Paris, Annie Hall, or Take the Money and Run.

Also, Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse is a ****ing visual masterpiece. Loved it.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Also, Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse is a ****ing visual masterpiece. Loved it.
    Did you watch it in 4k HDR ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Did you watch it in 4k HDR ?
    yes.
    its so well done.
    Seems like I am WRONG

yes.
    its so well done.
    It's pretty much re-written the rules on animated movies.

Vin Diesel masterpiece.
    OK

This actually looks surprisingly good..
    The trailer makes it appear to be more of a Taxi Driver style as opposed to comic book super-villain style..
    Jared Leto's shithouse version can go get more crappy tats and fvck off..

The only person that thinks less of Taxi Driver than me is Jodie Foster - but there's not a lot in it.

The only person that thinks less of Taxi Driver than me is Jodie Foster - but there's not a lot in it.
    Serious?? What didn't you like about it?

This actually looks surprisingly good..
    The trailer makes it appear to be more of a Taxi Driver style as opposed to comic book super-villain style..
    Jared Leto's shithouse version can go get more crappy tats and fvck off..

Sorry to be negative. But I think this is gonna have a lot more style than substance. I know people are making the Scorcese references, but this is going to try to be an indie movie on a superhero budget.

Jared Leto didn't do a bad Joker, he was just in a very bad film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Sorry to be negative. But I think this is gonna have a lot more style than substance. I know people are making the Scorcese references, but this is going to try to be an indie movie on a superhero budget.

Jared Leto didn't do a bad Joker, he was just in a very bad film.
    Ahhhh mate, with the over saturation of comic films these days, I'm not expecting anything decent..
    Sort of like watching the Jets play..

Serious?? What didn't you like about it?
    I found it disturbing in that it glorified a stalker, normalised child prostitution, and it was over the top / stretching too far. It was also less than 2hrs long but it felt like 4 hours.

Not a Scorsese fan really. He takes things further than is necessary in all his movies - and there's really not a lot of variety to his work. It's pretty much the same shit with a different title every time [with few exceptions other than Hugo]. It's a bit like how Burton Films re all the same, Luhrmann... and so on.

Compared to someone like Fellini, Kubrick, Wilder, and Bergman he's a hack.

I found it disturbing in that it glorified a stalker, normalised child prostitution, and it was over the top / stretching too far. It was also less than 2hrs long but it felt like 4 hours.

Not a Scorsese fan really. He takes things further than is necessary in all his movies - and there's really not a lot of variety to his work. It's pretty much the same shit with a different title every time [with few exceptions other than Hugo]. It's a bit like how Burton Films re all the same, Luhrmann... and so on.

Compared to someone like Fellini, Kubrick, Wilder, and Bergman he's a hack.
    Ok, so its a personal/moral choice about the storyline that you mainly don't like?
    Does that mean you hate horror movies or things like that?
    E.g. I haven't watched Hostel (don't know if its a good or bad movie), but I've traveled through Europe and stayed in hostels enough times to not want to even have the storyline to that stuck in my head.. (although I have heard there are really hot chicks in it, haha)

I hated The Wolf Of Wallstreet.. I could see it was a good movie that was well done, but glorifying a prick that ripped people off, sorry plague, a bloke that "made great business decisions" was pretty sickening to me..

Ahhhh mate, with the over saturation of comic films these days, I'm not expecting anything decent..
    im going to give it a go for sure.
    Just thanking Griff that someone is at least trying something different in the genre, hence why i loved Into the Spiderverse (but I didnt like Logan).
    Seems like I am WRONG

Not a Scorsese fan really.
    Goodfellas is in my mind a ****ing masterpiece.
    But i dont think theres any other Scorsese movies i even enjoyed all that much.
    Seems like I am WRONG

I hated The Wolf Of Wallstreet.. I could see it was a good movie that was well done, but glorifying a prick that ripped people off, sorry plague, a bloke that "made great business decisions" was pretty sickening to me..
    I read his books a while back and the first thing i thought when they announced they were making a movie was how the hell they'd fit everything in.

If it was made now, the whole saga would be a perfect 8 part Netflix series. The movie cut out so much of how he did it, and seemed to only concentrate on the 'fun' parts of what he did (hence making him the sympathetic character. The books paint him as a way way way bigger crook than the movie and there isnt a lot 'cool' about what he did.

having said that though, anyone who hands over money to a cold caller under the assumption of instant wealth doesnt deserve their money to start with. those suckers were gonna lose their cash somehow, Belfort was just ahead of the game.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Ok, so its a personal/moral choice about the storyline that you mainly don't like?
    Does that mean you hate horror movies or things like that?
    E.g. I haven't watched Hostel (don't know if its a good or bad movie), but I've traveled through Europe and stayed in hostels enough times to not want to even have the storyline to that stuck in my head.. (although I have heard there are really hot chicks in it, haha)

My issue with Scorsese is that he's got very limited range when it comes to conveying an idea / message / telling a story. It's not the genre or themes either - because Kubrick films like A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, Lolita, and The Killing I've watched and enjoyed many many times.

In Taxi Driver - the main character is a dick from the first scene to the last. No matter how many times you watch it - it's the same movie. Watch A Clockwork orange or Lolita 20 times each and you will still be finding new things about it or even changing your view / opinion of how things are portrayed.

In general I like simple movies that don't take themselves too seriously. Scorsese makes very simple films that take themselves far too seriously to the point of being almost parodies - though it's unintentional.

I'm a big fan of Woody Allen films - but I would not call them great movies - it's more a case of him making films which appeal to me. However, the films of Allen's that I don't like are the ones that try to be more serious. They fail to impress because he simply doesn't have the tools to make them work - much the same as Scorsese.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 16-04-2019 at 10:13 AM.