Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HAL Rd 22 - Newcastle Jets vs Brisbane Roar 22/2/13 k/off 7:30pm AEDST

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Looks like I'll be in my wimp seat under cover in Bay 6.
    Either that or out with the poncho and into Bay 2!
    I'll try to bring Kenny Boden with me.....
    The boys/oldies be in a box on halfway surely? As for wet weather, more the better as long as no washout.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    The weather looks to have timed it perfectly for kickoff. Going to be awesome.

Port on standby to warm me up when I get home.
    And a rum at the game.

Only one change overall...

Newcastle Jets Starting XI: 3. Zenon Caravella, 5. Dominik Ritter, 8. Ruben Zadkovich (c), 9. Emile Heskey, 12. Josh Brillante, 13. Sam Gallaway, 14. Taylor Regan, 19. Michael Bridges, 20. Mark Birighitti (gk), 22. Adam Taggart, 23. Ryan Griffiths.
    Bench: 1. Ben Kennedy (gk), 17. James Virgili, 25. Mitch Cooper, 26. Andrew Hoole

Andrew Hoole will be on the bench in place of Craig Goodwin, who will play Youth on Saturday to gain confidence ahead of the stretch of games on the road

gah, anybody else have fox problems?

The wireless still works

Gah 14 hour day on my last day at work

Can't make the game only leaving now. But will be listening to Aaron all the way home
    Amigos Aarau

How are we playing? Stats not stacking up too nicely on the Fox Sports Match Centre. I see that we've failed to put on our accurate shooting boots - again.

Quote Originally Posted by Muswellbrookian View Post
    How are we playing? Stats not stacking up too nicely on the Fox Sports Match Centre. I see that we've failed to put on our accurate shooting boots - again.
    We have those boots?

Getting pretty dominated...

Certainly seems that way.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    gah, anybody else have fox problems?
    Not yet touch wood

Birraz and co at the back got their dancin shoes on.... hopefully Theo and co have them on this half

Come on coopers troopers

Frustrating

time for virgilli... come on gve.... Hoole as well

Gallaway

****in' hopeless...

Was thinking on the way home that although i was reasonably happy with the performance as a whole we really aren't that good.

Birra, Zad, Caravella and Heskey are playing well.

Gallaway has alot of enthusiasm but really doesn't seem to have much of a clue what the hell he is doing (may be the game plan but i just don't think he is up to it).

I rate Brillante but not at right back.

Happy with the combination of Ritter and Regan, more so that we are sticking with the same combination for a couple of games straight.

I think Cooper and Taggart could be quality but they need more game time.

I don't understand the love fest for Bridges. You don't get points for being a good bloke. He is not that good though we don't have a better option unfortunately. He was quality years ago but if he is playing as a #10 we need him to be more involved. Del Piero runs the game from the same position. So does Broich but he plays a bit wider. Hernandez used to for Melbourne and Rojas does now. He just isn't at this level.

Ryan Griffiths is just rubbish. He can't cross, doesn't defend and has a terrible first touch. The glimpses of brilliance are getting further apart and he needs a spell on the sidelines.

Brisbane are playing way below par and we couldn't finish them. The top 6 is a joke anyway (should be 4 at the most which is proven by the points table) and we won't make it playing like we did tonight.

I actually agree with most of what pete says above. While I wouldn't say it was a bad performance, it wasn't a good one either. And we've had too many of those this season.

I'm getting more and more disillusioned with our progress as a team and the direction (or the lack of one) that the team is heading in. I still see the potential in the vision of the team as a young, mobile, possession-based team, but some of the decisions that have been made this season have taken us away from this vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Wouldn't mind seeing Cooper getting much more game time.
    When he first came on you could tell he had some nerves but as he settled into the game i found him quite impressive. Just needs to gain that confidence of being apart of the team. Also did anyone else see the super blast of pace when he went to chase down a loose pass almost leading to a 1 on 1?
    Bridges really nothing special, cooper is better investment or even Caravella in behind which would allow Brilliante to come back into holding midfield.

also if Griff cant use his right foot better off just having him on the left, missed too many crossing chances while he takes time to cut back onto his left.

Considering the pace of the pitch and especially towards the end when there was a few times where brisbane pushed men forward, we had great opportunities to hit a good counter attack however we would
    1. Take way too many touches on the ball and f**cking dawdle like we're in rainbow land leading to brisbane being able to get numbers back behind the ball. OR
    2. Instead of quickly switching play to a blatantly open player on a spacey side of the pitch we would play a stupid pass backwards or sideways straight back to the congested area where the ball came from. Has GVE ever heard of teaching "body positioning"???

Not a disaster, but a massive missed opportunity.

cara ruled the middle. His 1st touch, pass and constant availability is awsome. I believe we could pinch a semi or 2 if we finish 6th. top 6 rox