Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Northern NSW Football Hunter Sports Group Newcastle United Jets FCW-League Team 12/13

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Agree totally....lets be fair dinkum its womens football we should be able to have a team of locally produced players with maybe 2 imports and be competitive. Still believe all these elite teams playing the same system is dogshit
    Does seem pointless when you look at the top level in both Mens and Womens comps in this country and you see how many teams play the mandated system!

demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Remember watching Women's World Cup a few years back (not the most recent). Appalling quality. Like, you'd see better in All Age.
    No one will deny Womens football is not Mens, especially physically, but that is a bit insulting. Have ever you watched Japan, Germany, USA???

And as for All Age , ID1 had in 2013 an player come from the local womens comp in Newcastle and she certainly made more than one player embarressed over the second half of the season so I wouldn't brag all to highly about All Age around Newcastle.

demon
    Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    Does seem pointless when you look at the top level in both Mens and Womens comps in this country and you see how many teams play the mandated system!
    The mandated system was implemented with the idea that talanted players would find similar structures as they progressed. For example a highly talented wing back in 14's then progressed to a 15's coach who played a straight 4 back line and diamond midfield and then became lost for example. And that could have just been at the club level or local rep level.

The concept of training to a system is fine as long as their is education supplied with it about how to adapt.

At the highest level we should be playing the formation that best suits our talent and our opposition not to a formula.

On the subject of local talent, have a read of David Lowe's recent article where he looks at just that topic, or should i say highlights the gross lack of local talent at the highest levels of the code. Newcastle may have been a stagige of many players careers but as for locally grown.... the history is very depressing.

Yet if you look at our local structure how many have held positions for long periods..... David Smith (again) - if the buck stops there then no just womens but all talent identification and progress has been quite poor under his years at Northern.

Anyone heading into the W-League game tomorrow? My daughter has been asking to go so we are looking to head in. Can anyone tell me what the games cost to get into so I have the right cash.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Anyone heading into the W-League game tomorrow? My daughter has been asking to go so we are looking to head in. Can anyone tell me what the games cost to get into so I have the right cash.

w-league matches.....free entry for club members
    not sure otherwise

$10 per adult!!!

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    The question was put to me can they retain Campbell and continue her progress with the current structure and team prospects??? An interesting question.
    Was talking to Eliza recently and the answer to this is a resounding yes. She has decided to move here and play for the Emerging Jets U18 girls team this season and is training with Lakes men's keepers.