Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Northern NSW Football Hunter Sports Group Newcastle United Jets FCW-League Team 12/13

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    He seems to be getting plenty of scrutiny in the paper and on here. Can you run me through his poor record?
    From above:

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Just looking at our past results over the 5 or so seasons of the W-League.

V1 we came second, wth players like Salisbury, Neilson and Gill. V2 Salisbury, Gill, van Edgmond, Peters etc left, we came dead last. Both under Gary Phillips, who I assume is Mr Jockey of Fox commentary.

V3, the first under NNSWF, we came 7th, only due to Adelaide not getting any points. Then came Tinks and players like Barbieri, de Vanna and Hingst, under Zane. Crowds were getting close to 1,000. We came 5th, sure, but it was a hopeful 5th.

This season, again under NNSWF, we've seen the return to focussing on developing youth. This has resulted in 3 all, 5-0, 1-0 and 6-1 losses. Now if Crook resigns after a 7-2 loss and a 3-2 loss, surely NNSWF need to be looking at Sullivan's spot.

Now I'm not affiliated with NSSWF or any of the girls in the team, but I have been playing football for a while now, but for a young team to be losing each game and conceding an average of just under 4 goals a game, surely it won't be helping their confidence.

Plus FFS, why is a Gypo coaching our team?
    Taken from before Adelaide game.

Under Wayne O'Sullivan the girls have only managed to beat a distinctly average Adelaide side and seem to be stuck in this holding pattern, while the better clubs like Roar and Canberra (who don't even have a HAL team FFS) are continually improving.

Plus FFS, why is a Gypo coaching our team?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Is it any surprise considering the 'investment' our owners make to this team? Last season there was a reputed 200 large spent on a team that couldn't make the semi finals. This year my information is that they have a budget of about a 10th of last years amount.

The difference between us and the other clubs, apart from financial models, is that our women's program runs from Sept-Jan each year. This unfortunately doesn't bode well for continued improvement.

demon
    He seems to be getting plenty of scrutiny in the paper and on here. Can you run me through his poor record?
    In terms of W-League to quote the Herald "O’Sullivan coached the NNSWF-run Jets to the wooden spoon in 2009-10 and second-last in 2010-11" , and to quote David Eland in regard to the choice of appointments "Wayne O’Sullivan and Peter McGuiness is an effective use of resources" coming from the NSWIS program. Other may know more detail about the duo's impact on NSWIS.

I should also add the third wheel so to speak on player selection for the squad this year was David Smith who again seems to have slipped under the radar in terms of any responsibility over this seasons results.

His other records were Singapores S League with Geylang in 2004 they ran 7th and as an assis at Wellington in 08/09 when they came 6th.

demon
    Jets V Roar

In what must be becoming a disheartening season, especially for the imports, the Jets were again 'run down' after leading the game up to ten minutes in the second half.

One of thre American girls, Huster, put them in front after 15. Albeit after a lucky fall of the ball from a badly missed timed attempt by Van Egmond. The remainder of the second half was a display of chances never really effectively taken by the home side. Hatziridos was trouble for the Roar for the fist half but didn't take her best two chances to increase the lead.

As the Roar equilised and then took the lead it seemed a lack of confidence or lack of fitness began to creep into the Jets game more and more and eventually became a long ball 'hit it and hope' style affair compared to their first 40 mins.

The positive, again after the game some of the girls were willing to sign and chat with some of the younger girls who were there to watch which can only do good for the female side of the game.

demon
    V Canberra

Well I didn't travel to watch this one but the opinion comes from an experienced ACT coach who was there watching one of his previous charges play for Canberra.

Jets we again saved from being embarressed by Eliza Campbell who is impressing other coaches around the games more and more. Her defence allowed far too many opportunities and did not seem to have an answer to their oppositions tactics, and nor did the Jets bench. Similar to some comments regarding their male coutnerparts the term 'one dimensional' was used.

Playing the current champions and still the form side from all accounts, the Jets were slightly above a competitive training run for the ACT side, little in attack in way of varied options and a mistiming midfield. The word disinterested was used for one player prior to her departing the game.

ACT never appeared to kick into their highest gears and yet were able to control the game and were more convincing than the 1-0 scoreline if not for Campbell.

The question was put to me can they retain Campbell and continue her progress with the current structure and team prospects??? An interesting question.

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    V Canberra

Well I didn't travel to watch this one but the opinion comes from an experienced ACT coach who was there watching one of his previous charges play for Canberra.

Jets we again saved from being embarressed by Eliza Campbell who is impressing other coaches around the games more and more. Her defence allowed far too many opportunities and did not seem to have an answer to their oppositions tactics, and nor did the Jets bench. Similar to some comments regarding their male coutnerparts the term 'one dimensional' was used.

Playing the current champions and still the form side from all accounts, the Jets were slightly above a competitive training run for the ACT side, little in attack in way of varied options and a mistiming midfield. The word disinterested was used for one player prior to her departing the game.

ACT never appeared to kick into their highest gears and yet were able to control the game and were more convincing than the 1-0 scoreline if not for Campbell.

The question was put to me can they retain Campbell and continue her progress with the current structure and team prospects??? An interesting question.
    Not if Queensland want her.

Jeez...loose to bottom of the table adelaide team 2 nil...now we're in last spot...last time I watched adelaide they were woeful.

Deans out
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Nothing has changed for Adelaide. The expectation was to lose before we went with Pascoe saying that it would be hard because we had so many players out. How come other teams can get by with the reserves coming in but none of the Newcastle sides can.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillsCoach View Post
    Nothing has changed for Adelaide. The expectation was to lose before we went with Pascoe saying that it would be hard because we had so many players out. How come other teams can get by with the reserves coming in but none of the Newcastle sides can.
    Because other team's reserves are actually good players, not just local state league players.

Surely Sullivan has to either get the sack or resign now or end of this season. He is a complete numpty who's managerial history would see him laughed out of any other job.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Because other team's reserves are actually good players, not just local state league players.

Surely Sullivan has to either get the sack or resign now or end of this season. He is a complete numpty who's managerial history would see him laughed out of any other job.

I would not think it is only Sullivan who should under heavy review....

David Smith - the head of the 'elite' area of Northern surely has to answer soon for the Federations rather poor standings at levels of nationals, representitive players and W-League selections.

The W-League trainers need to be heavily questioned over the high injury rate, its no good looking at the physio for answers after he has them on the table.

I have a disappointing feel that financial reasons will see very little change in the Jets W League structure over the next 24 months of Northerns control and no real change in vision from David Smith in how to approach it either.

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    I have a disappointing feel that financial reasons will see very little change in the Jets W League structure over the next 24 months of Northerns control and no real change in vision from David Smith in how to approach it either.
    This is the crux of all issues relating to the performance of this team. Due to lack of finance they do not have the cash to get in a coach who WANTS to coach top level women's football or have the cash to bring in players to assist local players in winning games. Local WPL clubs budgets would not be far behind that which the Federation is 'investing' in the jets girls.I have spoken to numerous player within the squad and the money they are or in some cases are not paid is a joke.

What will happen if the disgruntled local players decide not to play next season!!!

Hangon ...last season they had plenty of money and signed some quality players but still failed. May have to look deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Hangon ...last season they had plenty of money and signed some quality players but still failed. May have to look deeper.
    Very true!

The hard thing is to lure in the best players for a competition that only runs for 15 weeks. Who would move states from a couple thousand dollars and the added bonus of having to find yourself a job for the period that you are here???

am watching mv v wsw women's now. I remember a couple of years ago watching the Matilda's and thinking "that uzunlar chick is well shit, she punts it long whenever she gets it". without even knowing who plays for what team, I turn this game on to a wsw cb punting it long and straight away I say "I bet that's uzunlar" - it was. this game has been boring me, fishlock for mv is embarrassing, and if uzunlar is our best cb option for Australia then our national team is shit
    OK

pv4 if you thought that was ordinary i'd well advise you to stay away from the Jets women this season. Will do your fvcking head in

Remember watching Women's World Cup a few years back (not the most recent). Appalling quality. Like, you'd see better in All Age.

heard jets women got pumped 4 nil today and it should of been 10. Only highlight was jets keeper.o'sullivan out, mcguiness out, pascoe out, fvcking deans out

heard jets women got pumped 4 nil today and it should of been 10. Only highlight was jets keeper.o'sullivan out, mcguiness out, pascoe out, fvcking deans out
    Really getting embarrassing now. I honestly feel sorry for the women in the squad, they are hopelessly below the quality needed in the W-League and shouldn't be playing against opposition so much better then them. This obviously excludes van Egmond and Campbell (the gk).

The rest should not be playing at that level. Also, Sullivan should get the sack for getting together such a poor squad. FFS if Adelaide beats us, shit is seriously wrong.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Keeper was average in the portion of the game I watched.

Agree that it is not a good look losing etc but lets be serious..... with no money how are they meant to attract the best players to the region to play for 10 weeks? Last season they did have the money and yet only really brought in one player from another state and the rest were young Matilda's that wouldn't make a NEW U19's team. The blame has to sit with the development process in our area that they haven't produced players of enough quality over the last 10 years.

The blame has to sit with the development process in our area that they haven't produced players of enough quality over the last 10 years.
    Agree totally....lets be fair dinkum its womens football we should be able to have a team of locally produced players with maybe 2 imports and be competitive. Still believe all these elite teams playing the same system is dogshit