Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 23 - Melbourne Rectumry vs Newcastle Jets - 3/3/13 k/off 5:00pm AEDT

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    On one hand the resting of Heskey and Bridges can say don't care about the Victree game on the other hand it can also say he has faith in the players he put out there to do the job. Faith that those blokes who took to the field didn't repay

Two ways you can look at everything. The loss yesterday ain't an excuse to start digging the knives into the coach unlike what some people seem to think
    But there is a reason to start having a dig at him because of the way he deals with situations like this. Last week when victory got thumped I recall Ange saying something like we got it wrong from the top (himself) down. If GVE wants to keep simply saying that the players did this wrong and that wrong as fans we have every right to question his suitability for the job - he has had 18 months to get it right. Quoting from Remember the Titans but "Attitude reflects leadership".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    But there is a reason to start having a dig at him because of the way he deals with situations like this. Last week when victory got thumped I recall Ange saying something like we got it wrong from the top (himself) down. If GVE wants to keep simply saying that the players did this wrong and that wrong as fans we have every right to question his suitability for the job - he has had 18 months to get it right. Quoting from Remember the Titans but "Attitude reflects leadership".
    The bloke is castigated no matter which way he turns.

20 mins into the game on Sunday in my opinion after the goal was disallowed GVE should have hooked someone. We were ****ing pathetic and the 2 goals we had already conceeded hadn't been enough of a wake up call to the team to pull their socks up and wake up.

Chapman should have been sent on to replace Taylor Regan who was having a mare. GVE doesn't do this and Taylor stays on and costs us 2 more goals before getting sent off. If GVE hooks Taylor 20 mins into the game and we lose 3-0 or something like this the Foz would be abuzz with GVE's a **** for Jesse Pintoing Regan and subbing him off would be destroying his confidence etc

Bloke just can't win with some people no matter which way he goes.

Comparing the bloke to Ange is ridiculous. Ange is a much better coach. Like comparing Hutcho to Messi not even close to being relevant

20 mins into the game on Sunday in my opinion after the goal was disallowed GVE should have hooked someone. We were ****ing pathetic and the 2 goals we had already conceeded hadn't been enough of a wake up call to the team to pull their socks up and wake up.

Chapman should have been sent on to replace Taylor Regan who was having a mare. GVE doesn't do this and Taylor stays on and costs us 2 more goals before getting sent off. If GVE hooks Taylor 20 mins into the game and we lose 3-0 or something like this the Foz would be abuzz with GVE's a **** for Jesse Pintoing Regan and subbing him off would be destroying his confidence etc

Comparing the bloke to Ange is ridiculous. Ange is a much better coach. Like comparing Hutcho to Messi not even close to being relevant
    if he was going to hook someone he should have just accepted the 3-0 loss and taken everyone off the field.

i think the reason he didn't hook regan is the same reason miltia pointed out to, in that gary loves the right footed and left footed cb combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

So instead GVE does nothing and makes a change 60 odd minutes in when the 5-0 raping is said and done. Tactical genius that

If he had Pintoed Reegz and it stayed 3-0, the hurt wouldn't have been near as bad.

Point is GVE had to do something. Instead he looked like a deer in the headlights, and the fallout that has ensued is no ones fault but his own

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Point is GVE had to do something. Instead he looked like a deer in the headlights, and the fallout that has ensued is no ones fault but his own
    This.
    That's why the bloke gets the whistle at training and his own special toilet.
    He's in charge.
    Do your ****ing job.

I tend to be on the Members bandwagon on this. I find it hard to believe that any coach would give instructions to push high in defence against one of the best countering teams. Trouble is they have been told to do it all year. If it was me I would have parked the bus, but what do I know

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    if he was going to hook someone he should have just accepted the 3-0 loss and taken everyone off the field.

i think the reason he didn't hook regan is the same reason miltia pointed out to, in that gary loves the right footed and left footed cb combination.
    Ahh, isn't Ritter left footed? Regz and Chapz are right. No reason not to hook Regan.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    So instead GVE does nothing and makes a change 60 odd minutes in when the 5-0 raping is said and done. Tactical genius that

If he had Pintoed Reegz and it stayed 3-0, the hurt wouldn't have been near as bad.

I think Swan you are missing the point, The point is he does one thing and people are on his back. Does it the other way and blokes are on his back for something else anyway.GVE pinto's Taylor and we lose 3-0 and as I said the foz would be going off about GVE being a **** for Pintoing him the last day or so instead of the foz going off about picking young kids/not having enough experienced players benefits of resting etc and what other conspiracy theories I have missed

I agree with what you say changes should of occurred during the game and it is disappointing they didn't. Problem is changes or no changes and GVE would still be copping a roasting as he is at present it would just be a slightly different angle of attack

Wait... so you find it easier to believe that the players have been ignoring instructions for the majority of the 24 rounds we have played resulting us being caught out on the counter down both flanks on numerous occasions?

If you truly believe that then the next question is why has GVE not rectified it?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Wait... so you find it easier to believe that the players have been ignoring instructions for the majority of the 24 rounds we have played resulting us being caught out on the counter down both flanks on numerous occasions?

If you truly believe that then the next question is why has GVE not rectified it?
    Hang on, pretty sure GvE made the point for playing against Victory with a deeper defence line then we normally have. That's what I got from his comments anyway.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

You know what kids are like, never ****in listen

Either way his tactics are shit or his application is shit.

Ergo, he's shit.

Shit shit shit.

In conclusion.
    GVE is shit.

In any case. The sky is falling. Help.

I've never seen such an overreaction to a loss that was always going to happen.

Leave Gary alone.

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    I've never seen such an overreaction to a loss that was always going to happen.
    If you think that any of this is just about last Sunday then you ain't been paying attention homie.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    If you think that any of this is just about last Sunday then you ain't been paying attention homie.
    5th in the league with a bunch of kids isn't the worst record possible. I don't like he way GVE goes about things most of the time, however, they are his decisions to make and he will be judged on his results at the end of the season.

Would 5th be a failure?

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    5th in the league with a bunch of kids isn't the worst record possible. I don't like he way GVE goes about things most of the time, however, they are his decisions to make and he will be judged on his results at the end of the season.

Would 5th be a failure?
    I don't like where we are, and I certainly don't like how we got here.

Without Griffiths and Heskeys contribution we'd be at the bottom of the table.
    Friday will be the big test and while I'd like to see us win I cannot see where the goals will be coming from.