Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 Jets Yoof State League Campaign

Yeah i get where you're coming from and i agree.
    The way things are going the competition will eventually lose all integrity for everyone except Jets Yoofs once they get to the point where they are smashing everyone 5-0.
    Hopefully for the sake of both parties they are moved onto a higher standard of competition before that happens. Young kids don't learn from winning 5-0 every week anyways.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Interesting comments in today's herald regarding the jets youth mentor, it's obvious the NNSWF board will do what the jets want, **** the clubs
    Can you elaborate us all as to who votes these things through and where there affiliations come from??

I don't see how its **** the clubs considering that only 3 raised issue with the actual idea, while the rest agreed but a few more did believe it could have been handled better.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Can you elaborate us all as to who votes these things through and where there affiliations come from??

NORTHERN NSW Football's decision to introduce a rule allowing the Jets to likely field two-time A-League grand final winner Stuart Musialik as a mentor player in their youth side's state league campaign has split the clubs.

On Monday, representatives from Hamilton, Lake Macquarie and Edgeworth expressed their opposition to the concession, which was not part of initial debates over regulations for the Jets under 20s' second year in the NNSW State League.

While representatives from all nine clubs believed the timing of the rule's introduction six weeks out from the season was not ideal, Valentine, Weston, Broadmeadow, Lambton Jaffas, Charlestown and South Cardiff backed the initiative.

They supported the move given it was made to help the Adamstown junior and former Weston first-grader get his professional career back on track with the Jets, who he won a grand final with in 2007-08.

Musialik, who turns 28 this month, has not played in the A-League since February 2011 because of injury and off-field issues.

The Jets have invited the midfielder, a Beijing Olympian, to train with them with a view to helping him resurrect his career.

The senior mentor role, for an over-age and uncontracted player in the under-20 side, was created after talks with NNSWF boss David Eland and Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby.

After a vote on regulations dictating the Jets' participation in the league was deadlocked, the NNSWF board decided on the guidelines.

The mentor position was added to the rules after the initial debates ended in a stalemate.

Eland called the club presidents to tell them of the rule and to seek their feedback.

Lake Macquarie and Edgeworth submitted written objections to the guideline.

Edgeworth treasurer Warren Mills said the concession was too much.

"It's six weeks out from the competition and the Jets are introducing new rules again," Mills said.

"Is it the national Jets youth league competition and we're playing in it, or is it the NBN league and we're helping them out by having a team in?

"We believe he's taking the position of a young bloke. We've got no issue with Stuey but we believe it's not right to be introducing new rules now. It disrespects our competition."

He said other clubs were not given the same latitude when wanting to make changes and that Musialik could benefit equally from playing with another state league club.

"At his age he's not going to be a better player being with the Jets youth than an NBN club," he said.

"He could achieve just the same at an NBN club."

Lake Macquarie secretary Jim Armstrong said his club objected to the rule because it went against the reason the Jets youth were in the competition.

"Stuart Musialik is a proven A-League player," Armstrong said.

"If he is to achieve this aim of coming back, it needs to go through conventional channels.

"We remain supportive of the inclusion of the Jets youth team in the state league on the basis that it promotes youth with a strong focus on regional talent.

"We're not supportive of using it as a vehicle to bring back proven and experienced A-League players.

"We're sympathetic to Stuart's situation but we don't believe the integrity of the competition should be compromised.

"We're disappointed it was made without true consultation. It was offered to us as a fait accompli."

Hamilton secretary Con Gounis said his club did not make a written submission but had concerns about the move.

"The decision came with the season almost upon us," Gounis said.

"We appreciate he is a favourite of Newcastle and we want him back in the game but perhaps he could have come through and played with a local club.

"The Jets side is a youth team."

The other side of the debate was that Musialik's potential comeback would be best served playing and training with the Jets.

Weston secretary Shane Johnson said he would be disappointed if any club voted against the initiative and that Musialik needed to be training full-time with the Jets rather than part-time with a state league club.

"If we can't help a local boy like Stuart potentially get back, we're all a bit too worried about our own backyard," Johnson said.

"Concessions have to be made for local people when it comes to the Jets youth team. Sometimes it's about morals rather than rules.

"He played in a grand final for us in 2004 so we might be a bit biased, but if we can help him get back, why not?"

Broadmeadow president Steve Foteff agreed.

"We support it in principle given it is offering him a chance because he is local," Foteff said.

"The other side of it is, we feel all the clubs need to focus more on their own player roster and not so much on other teams.

"And one player is not going to make that much difference to them."

Jaffas secretary John Hamilton said clubs needed to do what was best for Musialik.

"We've got no hesitations in supporting Stuart, knowing that he's gone through a few hard times," Hamilton said.

"I think if we didn't it would be because of self-interest and we're better than that.

"It's only a game at the end of the day, and if we can't support a local lad, then shame on us."

Charlestown secretary Stephen Wright said: "Giving the bloke a lifeline is good, it's just the process that upset the clubs," Wright said.

"It's good for football in the area to have people like him playing in that league."

South Cardiff president Peter Brown said: "I didn't have a problem with Stuart coming back into the competition.

"I was concerned with 'where to from here' but I was assured the rule wouldn't be used for other purposes.

"It was very short notice but in principle we don't have a problem with it as long as we're kept informed and it's reviewed on a case-by-case basis."

Valentine operations manager Mick Hugo had no issue with the move.

"It's good for the game and it's good that they're trying to help a local boy as well," he said.

"He's not an outsider and if he gets back into the game, all well and good."

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/13...ession/?cs=306
    Seems some of the clubs would just rather have Stu in their team and thats what they have taken an issue with, he is better served training full time with the jets youth and seniors then an NBN part time team.

I can only imagine the calls of injustice should stu have agreed to play for an NBN team & then when the jets pre-season kicks off moved over to the senior jets squad, finacnial compensation is needed, stealing our players, no respect for the local league/clubs etc etc. Same old shit really and the reason I originally wanted the youth to move to the NSW Premier League to free itself from this sort of shit in NNSW's backyard. Ironically then I'm sure we'd hear the calls of no respect for the local federation or NBN league, take our players and move them to the Sydney comp etc. Damned if you do damned if you don't.
    Last edited by Pico; 05-03-2013 at 06:59 PM.

You obviously haven't played local football or been involved with a top flight club

I'm not too much in the know about this whole situation so i have a question.

If Stu gets injured, does the new senior mentor role mean the Jets are able to temporarily move in any overage player they want to in Stu's absence?

I'm not against stu, I'm against the way northern and the jets secretly come up with these ideas
    Was it a secret because you weren't invited to the meeting? Not one person in the herald article mentions a secret deal. So why do you? And if your associated with South Cardiff your club has no problem with it anyhow, or is that just public show?

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    I don't see how its **** the clubs considering that only 3 raised issue with the actual idea, while the rest agreed but a few more did believe it could have been handled better.

Seems some of the clubs would just rather have Stu in their team and thats what they have taken an issue with, he is better served training full time with the jets youth and seniors then an NBN part time team.

I can only imagine the calls of injustice should stu have agreed to play for an NBN team & then when the jets pre-season kicks off moved over to the senior jets squad, finacnial compensation is needed, stealing our players, no respect for the local league/clubs etc etc. Same old shit really and the reason I originally wanted the youth to move to the NSW Premier League to free itself from this sort of shit in NNSW's backyard. Ironically then I'm sure we'd hear the calls of no respect for the local federation or NBN league, take our players and move them to the Sydney comp etc. Damned if you do damned if you don't.
    Because some clubs are showing public face on the matter. I wouldn't doubt if NNSW told the Herald to do a ring around the clubs to out their public opinion on it. Just a thought.

Whats the squad make up

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post

True pico so true

And before you can field any teams in the FNSW Premier League FNSW, and their affiliated Clubs, have to want you in it. You also have to field a team in every age group from 12 Boys up to First Grade. So it's not just a matter of sticking a couple of teams in their competition.

Believe me, there are enough fights down there, with Clubs that are in Super League wanting to be promoted to Premier League. I don't think they are going to let anyone, be they Jets teams or anyone else from NNSW, walk in to their competition. Not to mention that none of them will want to come up here to play every second week. Hornsby is the boondocks when you're going North and the Central Coast is where you go for Holidays. Newcastle...too far away!

Don't hold your breathe waiting for Jets to enter FNSW Premier League

Banned
    Season starts tomorrow

Saturday 6 April

Newcastle Jets Youth V Valentine FC Cahill Oval 2.30pm FIRST GRADE

Jets Yoof U18's in the U23's KO at 12:45 am
    Jets Yoof U16's in the U19's KO at 11:00 am
    Jets Yoof U15's in the U17's KO at 9:15 am

I will be unable to make it down there tomorrow so can someone else keep track/reports of what goes on

Sydney jets youth

You obviously haven't played local football or been involved with a top flight club
    You calling any team in nnsw top flight? baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

We've got no hesitations in supporting Stuart, knowing that he's gone through a few hard times," Hamilton said
    what about other players who have hit hard times? dont start this crap champ.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    You calling any team in nnsw top flight? baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    Read it again stupid

Jets will be playing in NPL2 in season 2022 in Sydney. There are now 3 divisions of 16 teams (NPL 1, 2 and 3) whereas there used to be 4 of 12 teams. I hope this helps.