Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: HAL Rd 24 Newcastle United Jets V Perth Glory Friday 7:30KO

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Hey guys, missed the match last night. Was at a wedding.

So, how did it all go?
    Arsed a 3-0 win. Played like shit again but our coach proved he was no fool by making some intuitive changes and Scotty Neville ended up scoring a hatty.

We are finals bound mate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    Highlight of the night.... too bad harper was there
    i was fapping off about Harper... isnt that what everyone is looking at :S

Best home game of the year. Bridgey was brilliant. Can't say anyone played badly. Should have won 5-6 nil, we didn't. If we play like that we will beat Adelaide and WSW. Bridgey haters are a pathetic bunch.

I wouldnt say he was Brilliant, he seemed pretty poor in the first half but made up for it in the second. That miss but, wow. Should have buried that.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Best home game of the year. Bridgey was brilliant. Can't say anyone played badly. Should have won 5-6 nil, we didn't. If we play like that we will beat Adelaide and WSW. Bridgey haters are a pathetic bunch.
    Absolute bollocks. Neither Adelaide or WSW will let us play like that. That wasn't us being brilliant, it was Perth being an awful bunch of defensive cunce and letting us control the game in midfield. Put two up front and pressure our centre backs or just have someone following Rubez/Other around so their only options are passes back towards our goal and eventually we will get murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Yep that goal he scored was brilliant - oh hang on he blasted straight over the top.
    I'll give you he prob did as many good things as crap, def not brilliant and still hasn't changed my opinion of if we should re-sign him. Perth sat back and let him attack will be interested to see if he can do it when teams will pressure him as I expect Adelaide and wanderers will.

Never been a big Jesic fan and certainly thrown some criticism his way over the time. I actually thought best on ground last night was a toss up between him and Tags. Now having a better insight to what he has gone through three times i guess i have new found a level of respect for the guy. Humble pie tastes like shit but hey you gotta cop it sweet.

We start playing like perth did last night even to try and pinch a draw away and they can have my ticket back. I'll join wanderers ffs. Edwards a tactical genius lol...doesnt take much to park the bus
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    To say Alistair Edwards is some type of coaching talent on last nights effort is insane. His team were dominated and arse raped for most of the game by Newy. We missed key chances we should have buried and the chances kept falling to the wrong bloke for us!! His keeper had a blinder and pulled off 2-3 saves he wasn't entitled to. We take our chances and we are 2-3 up before Perth think about attacking last night.
    this

ffs, GVE won the tactical battle, his retarded children just couldn't finish the job

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    We start playing like perth did last night even to try and pinch a draw away and they can have my ticket back. I'll join wanderers ffs. Edwards a tactical genius lol...doesnt take much to park the bus
    So you'd be happier with a 5-0 spanking in Melbourne rather than jagging a 2-1 win?? F**k off you would… a win down there, no matter how goddamn ugly it was would have set us up with an outside chance of 3rd/4th.. and Friday night may have been different with that little extra to play for. Most teams play unattractive football away from home, and most teams in the a-league seem to be able to salvage points away from home, not something we've learnt how to do.

we left 2 defenders isolated against victory that's why we got raped. you believe we had to play 4-5-1 to get a result...nah we just had to be smarter Gary
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

^ And to further this, did halo forget that we won in Wellington in the match before that by playing some nice football and dominating the game?

It's never as simple as playing a certain way to get a result. Branko's mentality for away games (a draw is as good as a win) screwed us up big time, we play 10x better now compared to then.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    we left 2 defenders isolated against victory that's why we got raped. you believe we had to play 4-5-1 to get a result...nah we just had to be smarter Gary
    This. Melb raped us for other reason, watching the highlights we walked over Glory, they got lucky. Will happily eat my words once Ome puts up the game and I'm proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    ^ And to further this, did halo forget that we won in Wellington in the match before that by playing some nice football and dominating the game?

It's never as simple as playing a certain way to get a result. Branko's mentality for away games (a draw is as good as a win) screwed us up big time, we play 10x better now compared to then.
    I didn't forget, but I also didn't expect Melbourne to play like the shambles Wellington are at the moment.

We also went to Wellington with the expectation that we were going to play hard and then give it all up in Melbourne. If we've already conceded defeat, why not park the bus. I didn't say do it every away game, just that one in particular.