Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL Rd 24 Newcastle United Jets V Perth Glory Friday 7:30KO

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    pretty sure it's on at 7:30pm
    FSN were showing the wrong time then...glad its at 730 as it means I may get home from work just in time to watch live

Quote Originally Posted by sh10 View Post
    FSN were showing the wrong time then...glad its at 730 as it means I may get home from work just in time to watch live
    630 is when coverage started i.e. KickOff show

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Hmm - if we lose the next two we will still be in the hunt though we would probably need to beat WSW at home in the last game.
    I've done the math.

If we lose this one I think it most likely means we are out. Sydney have to play the top 3 so they aren't likely a threat but Brisbane have both Sydney and Heart at home so that's almost 6 points in the bank. Perth beat us and all they need is a win in one of their last 3 games (Nix, @Vic, AU) to go above us. Heart have AU, WSW, @BR and scum to finish with so I think they are out as well.

Top 4 unchanged... WSW, CCM, MV, AU then I reckon it will be BR and PG rounding it out. Us to finish 7th by a point behind PG or maybe 8th/9th on GD if Sydney/Heart get a win out of their last 4 games

Against Phoenix we had 235 completed passes and WON, against Victory we had 454 completed passes and LOST. If we hold on to the ball a bit more, run at them, we might just do alright. In saying that I think the incomplete passes play a larger role than completed passes.
    Last edited by My2BobsWorth; 06-03-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I've done the math.

If we lose this one I think it most likely means we are out. Sydney have to play the top 3 so they aren't likely a threat but Brisbane have both Sydney and Heart at home so that's almost 6 points in the bank. Perth beat us and all they need is a win in one of their last 3 games (Nix, @Vic, AU) to go above us. Heart have AU, WSW, @BR and scum to finish with so I think they are out as well.

Top 4 unchanged... WSW, CCM, MV, AU then I reckon it will be BR and PG rounding it out. Us to finish 7th by a point behind PG or maybe 8th/9th on GD if Sydney/Heart get a win out of their last 4 games
    Now that you have worked all that out **** going Friday

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Against Phoenix we had 235 completed passes and WON, against Victory we had 454 completed passes and LOST. If we hold on to the ball a bit more, run at them, we might just do alright. In saying that I think the incomplete passes play a larger role than completed passes.
    Actually I think it's whether you can put the ball in the back of the net more times than your opponent which is the key to winning!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Now that you have worked all that out **** going Friday
    Nah, **** that. I'm already missing out on the WSW visit so this will be my last game of the season

The real worry is that Perth are playing quite well at the moment- new style, much more creative and they seem to be enjoying themselves. On top of that, they have never feared coming to Newcastle. Perth3, Jets0.

Although I'll be cheering for victory, I think it will be better for us in the medium/long term to get flogged this weekend !

Scmultz hatty...

Righto you pessimistic fu$ks,
    Typic forum bagging the shit out of your local team in a time when any support for them might help them get over the line.
    JETS 2 - 1 WIN............
    Lets get behind them in numbers.... its not like we are out of finals contention, look at wellington they cant make it...
    WE CAN

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    look at wellington they cant make it...
    Nix on 24 points... 3 wins = 9 points = 33 points = more than us.
    If we can still make it, so can they...

We win Friday night - we will be short priced favourites to make the playoffs

Righto you pessimistic fu$ks,
    Typic forum bagging the shit out of your local team in a time when any support for them might help them get over the line.
    JETS 2 - 1 WIN............
    Lets get behind them in numbers.... its not like we are out of finals contention, look at wellington they cant make it...
    WE CAN
    our support wont help with selection, tactics and away games. I chose the numbers 2, 5 and 7 to get behind them. Dont forget we are throwing a win to wsw

A lot to play for tomorrow night

I'm predicting 2-0 win. Taggart and Goodwin to score.

hitman to return - nothing else to matter
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    our support wont help with selection, tactics and away games. I chose the numbers 2, 5 and 7 to get behind them. Dont forget we are throwing a win to wsw
    Yeah i know that,

But we have 2 home games left = 6 points... hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Newieutd View Post
    We win Friday night - we will be short priced favourites to make the playoffs
    Yeah i know that,

But we have 2 home games left = 6 points... hopefully.
    But we've agreed to throw the Wanderers match if it means they get first.
    So really only looking at best 3 points there chief.

4-0 jets

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Raw Boned Youngster View Post
    The real worry is that Perth are playing quite well at the moment- new style, much more creative and they seem to be enjoying themselves. On top of that, they have never feared coming to Newcastle. Perth3, Jets0.
    Watched Perth play Smurfs last week and they were struggling to beat a 10 men side with Lord Griffo and ADP having quiet games. There was nothing to fear from their play.

The biggest thing to fear will be if one of their players gets a start. Last week Pantelides came off injured and they put some red headed kid on with with a stoopid hair cut. Bloke kept dwelling on the ball and coughing up possession. It was just like watching our backline in full flight.

What concerns me is GVE seeing this up close and in the flesh and giving the bloke a five year contract as he is as good if not better as the rest of our young defenders at this type of activity
    Last edited by MFKS; 07-03-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Mr Burns is back this weekend I believe...