Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Yid Army COME ON YOU SPURS!

Yid Army COME ON YOU SPURS!

Only Tottenham would sack a manager for finishing 4th, 5th and 4th.

Should rename the thread the "mind the gap" thread.

Have heard you lot are in for villas boas.
    Could be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post

Could be great.
    could be 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post

Could be great.
    Season objective was to finish 4th. Job done. And lets be honest. For a long part of the season Spurs were playing probably the most attractive and entertaining football seen in a long while by any team in the league until that idiot from Wales got a big head anyway.

Couldn't care less who manages Spurs to be honest provided they play good attacking football that is also entertaining to watch and we beat the Gypsies from Woolwhich.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Spurs were playing probably the most attractive and entertaining football seen in a long while by any team in the league
    That is some wild speculation.

So new Spurs manager announced.

Not my preferred choice but I'll give the guy at least a chance.

give him a target to achieve, he'll probably achieve it, then he'll get sacked.

the possibility of replacing mini-croat & bale is a bit scary for spurs. they always get their purse out, and this year should be no exception. if they're serious about playing champos, they need to be spending on a bigger overall squad with better depth. all it takes as the squad stands is for 2-3 players to be injured and the team is awful.

ahhh spurs :P mind the gap classic....

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    the team is awful.

Spurs next in line for a buy-out from a wealthy Arab. May be percentage share or full buy-out. This is to be determined.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Spurs next in line for a buy-out from a wealthy Arab. May be percentage share or full buy-out. This is to be determined.
    Can you see an Arab buying I to a historically Jewish club?

Spurs are ripe for massive investment, they sit in a similar situation to Chelsea before Roman turned up.
    Would be good for the league, but bad for Arsenal as I just can't see our two billionaires ever agreeing to spend money.

Why would they need to sell out?

Joe Lewis (born February 5, 1937 in East London) is an English businessman who currently lives in Albany, Bahamas.

Lewis' total wealth is estimated at $3.8 billion, and he is listed as the 290th richest person of Forbes’ List of billionaires (2012). Forbes reports Lewis is the seventh wealthiest person in Britain.

Just a rumour I read on a number of different sites. The rumour is gathering pace across the UK sites. This Liverpool one I read has all these people going off worried about how Liverpool will now compete, etc.

As you guys pointed out there are things that may go against what the club stands for and who currently own them, but i thought I would share it with you regardless.

I'm sure money turns heads, and any club would welcome a money pit owner.

wouldn't the liverpool one have been going off for quite some time now, as they're pretty much not deemed as a top four club anymore and barely compete as it is?

Just a rumour I read on a number of different sites. The rumour is gathering pace across the UK sites. This Liverpool one I read has all these people going off worried about how Liverpool will now compete, etc.

As you guys pointed out there are things that may go against what the club stands for and who currently own them, but i thought I would share it with you regardless.

I'm sure money turns heads, and any club would welcome a money pit owner.
    Can't see it happening to be honest. Levy and Lewis run a tight ship. They are also not on the stock market anymore and are now a private company in part to prevent being taken over imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Can't see it happening to be honest. Levy and Lewis run a tight ship. They are also not on the stock market anymore and are now a private company in part to prevent being taken over imo.
    I don't know too much on their structure. Just thopught I would share what's getting claimed FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    wouldn't the liverpool one have been going off for quite some time now, as they're pretty much not deemed as a top four club anymore and barely compete as it is?
    Let's keep this a Spurs forum hey...but yes, there are a lot of worried fans. I'll wait and see how Rodgers goes.

Whilst it was well know that the guy was on his last legs. He couldn't train but Ledley King announced his retirement today.

LEDLEY CALLS TIME, BUT IT'S FAR FROM GOODBYE

Notable high points came with the lifting of the Carling Cup in 2008 after victory over Chelsea at Wembley, with Ledley steering the team to Champions League qualification for the first time in our history in season 2009-10.

His performances for the Club were recognised on the international front and he made his England debut against Italy in March 2002. Ledley won 21 international caps in total and appeared in both the 2004 European Championships and the 2010 World Cup.

"Ledley has made a magnificent contribution to this Club - as a wonderful player, Captain and ambassador," said Chairman Daniel Levy. "It has been well documented how he has battled against injury over the years and it is testament to the character of the man how he managed to sustain such high standards of performance on the pitch, while providing such fine leadership.

"It is in an ambassadorial capacity that Ledley will continue, playing a crucial role in supporting the Club's work in the community and the ongoing regeneration of the Tottenham area, whilst also being a hugely positive role model for our younger players.

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," reflected Ledley.

“I know that being a one-club man is a rarity these days, but I have always enjoyed being part of the set-up here and the challenge of putting this Club up with the elite where it should be.

“I would like to say thank you to everyone at the Club and to the fans. I have missed a lot of football over the years, but the Spurs fans have always been patient and incredibly supportive with me during difficult periods. Sadly my injuries and inability to train have now finally brought an end to my career.”

"I have been in Tottenham for around 17 years, having started at Spurs when I was 14. It is a second home for me and I pleased that I can continue to work within the Club and for the local community, especially after the devastation caused by the riots last year. I am already heavily involved with the work of Spurs Foundation and the new stadium scheme will be a major factor in the regeneration of the area, so I am delighted that I shall be part of that.'
    Whether you like Spurs or not, the guy was an absolute legend for the club and for the game.

All the best Ledley!