Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Sorry, didn't use my words correctly. I mean when we look back on their careers. At the moment Poch would walk into almost any club if he wanted. But if he doesn't win anything, he will be forgotten very quickly.

Same would go for Klopp. He will be remembered in Germany for the two league titles and the DFB Pokal his plucky Dortmund side won against one of the strongest Bayern sides in history. But if he doesn't win trophies at Liverpool he will be forgotten. Simple as that. If Klopp finishes 2nd for 10 years in a row, it won't mean a thing for his legacy, it will just improve his chances of moving somewhere where he can win trophies.
yeah i dont disagree with your point, its that i think Poch still has a few 'lucky loser' years in him at Spurs. I dont think taking the Juve job will make him any more or less desirable for future prospects. Also,Juve are way closer to the end of their run than they are to the start, and if hes the guy at the helm when things finally tail off it will look real bad on him.

actually your point also raises a real good question.

who do you think is the best coach ever who didnt really win anything?