Thread: Potential promotion relegation problem

Potential promotion relegation problem

I'm realatively new to the foz so I don't know if this has been discussed before.
    But say hypocritically if uni or cooks hill (ZPL) were to be relegated and their ZL3 side were to be promoted in the same year their would then be no division seperating the two sides and I'm pretty sure the association have said the lower side must be two divisions below the higher side.

How would you feel if your side missed out on promotion/relagtion because one side couldn't be relagated/promoted?
    What will the association do if this ever comes up?

Dam auto-correct hypothetically*

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I think there'd be bigger problems at Uni and Cooks Hill if their first grade teams weren't of a much higher quality than their second (Z2/Z3) teams - team selection being the obvious one

also, there's Regulation E52 (e)

The Joint Board of the Zone Associations reserves the right to vary or change the
    number of Clubs participating in the ZFL Division Competitions on the basis of
    criteria, performance, applications, discipline or any other reasons it believes are
    valid, fair and equitable.
    so the board can change the grades at their discretion to prevent this scenario

Cheers for clearing that up and I do agree its a very unlikely situation. Just curious how do you guys rank your grades do you consider ZPL res grade better than ZL3 1st grade

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I'm realatively new to the foz so I don't know if this has been discussed before.
    But say hypocritically if uni or cooks hill (ZPL) were to be relegated and their ZL3 side were to be promoted in the same year their would then be no division seperating the two sides and I'm pretty sure the association have said the lower side must be two divisions below the higher side.

How would you feel if your side missed out on promotion/relagtion because one side couldn't be relagated/promoted?
    What will the association do if this ever comes up?
    I was actually thinking the same thing. Its an odd situation to have

So basically if ur apart of the lower side and stay in that side the highest comp u could achieve to play in would be ZPL assuming ur top grade side were in the NBN.

Are Hamilton Olympic in the same boat or are they run as a separate junior and senior club? Because from what I am aware the new Bero are a junior club and the already existing Bero are a senior Bero and they are in ZL1 & ZL3
    Can they play in same comp??

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Cheers for clearing that up and I do agree its a very unlikely situation. Just curious how do you guys rank your grades do you consider ZPL res grade better than ZL3 1st grade
    short answer, yes

basically there are trials, more based on squads than teams - a few ZPL trialists are now with Z3, and we made a new AA team out of Z3 trialists who didn't make the cut

we might do a few multi registrations to swap between the squads - we did that last season and it went ok

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    I was actually thinking the same thing. Its an odd situation to have

So basically if ur apart of the lower side and stay in that side the highest comp u could achieve to play in would be ZPL assuming ur top grade side were in the NBN.

Are Hamilton Olympic in the same boat or are they run as a separate junior and senior club? Because from what I am aware the new Bero are a junior club and the already existing Bero are a senior Bero and they are in ZL1 & ZL3
    Can they play in same comp??
    they certainly can in the circumstance of beresfield, Beresfield FC is the junior club which play out of Tarro Park in ZL3 and Beresfield United which play out of Pasedena are in ZL1 and the two clubs have no ties whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by supa View Post
    they certainly can in the circumstance of beresfield, Beresfield FC is the junior club which play out of Tarro Park in ZL3 and Beresfield United which play out of Pasedena are in ZL1 and the two clubs have no ties whatsoever.
    I thought that was the case. Imagine that for a derby if they ever play in the same comp. lol

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    I thought that was the case. Imagine that for a derby if they ever play in the same comp. lol
    might be a few years away yet but definitely a fixture to look forward to!

Quote Originally Posted by supa View Post
    Same situation out at Toronto Awaba ( Newfm and ZL3 ) have no ties whatsoever , far from it just quietly.

Was going to be interesting when both clubs had a U17A nominated team, how that was going to work, but the newfm ones eventually folded anyway.

Here we are 8 years later and promotion/relegation is not existent. What a joke!