Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So we don't have a game this weekend, do we?

So we don't have a game this weekend, do we?

Yeah.

Still lose

We have two we are sweating on results.

Brisbane V Heart, Need a Draw or Heart win and Victory V Glory, Need Vic to get up.

If Brisbane get up we're out of the 6 and will be sweating further on Results. If all goes to plan then we just need to beat WSW at home when they're in top form and we're .....well..........you know........................GVE's Newcastle

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    get used to this

after next week we have six glorious months of not having to watch the Jets suck every weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Still lose
    All van Egmond's fault.

GVE out.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

GVE blamed the players for the weekend off.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    it'll be the excuse for losing the week after

"we'd have played better and won against Western Sydney but that week off really cost us"

Quote Originally Posted by sh10 View Post
    Yeah.

Could probs use the weekend off to work on our high pressing,quick tempo possession based game
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

I think this more then any other season since the beginning of the HAL have I felt more disappointed. Most supporters at the beginning of the season were optimistic with the exciting new signings (Brown, Goodwin and a Brazilian) and Heskey coming in late that we would be giving the top four a real shake this season. The whole season has just stuttered along without any real highs or instances where the team have got on a decent roll and won a few games in a row. I would rather we don't finish in the six, that way we can clearly say the season was a failure....which it was. Sneaking in the six at the end of the season on the back of opposing teams also losing will just give a false sense of achievement and just temporarily smooth over some obviously big cracks.

A supposed quote from the Griff, If Bridgey had been playing all year the team wouldn't be in this position. Youth policy= Fail

If Bridgey was half as good at playing as he is at talking and being great mates with everyone we wouldn't be in this position.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    If Bridgey was half as good at playing as he is at talking and being great mates with everyone we wouldn't be in this position.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    I think this more then any other season since the beginning of the HAL have I felt more disappointed. Most supporters at the beginning of the season were optimistic with the exciting new signings (Brown, Goodwin and a Brazilian) and Heskey coming in late that we would be giving the top four a real shake this season. The whole season has just stuttered along without any real highs or instances where the team have got on a decent roll and won a few games in a row. I would rather we don't finish in the six, that way we can clearly say the season was a failure....which it was. Sneaking in the six at the end of the season on the back of opposing teams also losing will just give a false sense of achievement and just temporarily smooth over some obviously big cracks.
    100% agree, even though it hurts to say!
    Of course you want to be in the finals, what team doesn't? but if we make it to the finals it really will be a false sense of achievement. We have been below average this season and no team like that deserves to be there (including sydney and brisbane).

In saying that, if we then make the finals on go on to win the first game, does that change anything? Newcastle fans have very short memories!

They really need to do away with the top 6, it's a farce. Should really be a top 10 if they are really honest about wanting to five all teams something to play for till the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Yes we would

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    looks like i'm done for the year because i have a game on at 4 on the day of the wsw. i thought the game was at 7.30 ffs.

damn you, scheduling gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    looks like i'm done for the year because i have a game on at 4 on the day of the wsw. i thought the game was at 7.30 ffs.

How you didn't know it was a 5:30pm beats me Parksey. Sorry I had to tell you mate, I'll shout you a beer or 2 next time I see you to cheer you up. Otherwise skip the game.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    thanks, pal.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post

play 1st half then scoot. why has ronaldo got jiz in his eye?