Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC Asian Cup Australia 2015 - Newcastle Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Saturday 17 January 2015.

Same day as the game in Newy between Oman and Kuwait which will now get even less of a crowd with Socceroos playing same time on TV Live

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_AFC_Asian_Cup
    Cheers mate.
    Will most likely head up for that one. Went to the Japan game up there last qualifying rounds. Mammoth pub crawl along the way. Good times.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Maybe i wont be doing all 4 games in Newcastle...
    Me neither

Wasn't really looking forward to the Kuwait v Oman clash anyway.

Think I might join Plague on this pub crawl he speaks of in Brisvegas

Banned
    TICKETS to all four Asian Cup games in NEWCASTLE will cost Hunter football fans just $99, organisers announced on Wednesday.

The "Family-Friendly" ticket prices will enable kids to watch Asia’s best footballers next summer for as little as $5, and families from just $40, at Australia’s biggest ever football tournament.
    See your ad here

The tournament will feature venue pack tickets, which offer fans discounts to attend every match in each of the five host cities - Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.

Venue packs start from just $99 for all four matches in Newcastle, including a semi-final and the third place play-off.

It will cost fans just $109 for all seven matches in Canberra, $139 for all seven matches in Brisbane, $159 for all seven games in Melbourne and $229 for all seven matches in Sydney, which includes one semi and the final.

Other highlights of the ticket prices, announced on Wednesday, include:

• Opening ceremony and Australia v Kuwait match from $69 per adult

• Other Socceroos group matches from $49 per adult

• Quarter-finals from $29 per adult

• Semi-finals from $49 per adult

• Final from $79 per adult

No ticket will cost more than $149 – and that’s for the best seats in the house when the Socceroos kick off Asia’s biggest football tournament against Kuwait in Melbourne on January 9, and for top seats at the final at Sydney’s Stadium Australia on January 31.

“At the height of summer, with school holidays in full swing, and with such attractive prices, we look forward to welcoming tens of thousands of Australian families – not just those inside the traditional football family,” said Michael Brown, CEO of the tournament’s Local Organising Committee.

“This will be a festival of football never seen before in Australia, featuring our own Socceroos battling the best 16 teams in Asia, including Asia’s three other World Cup finalists in Japan, South Korea and Iran.

“We have deliberately kept prices affordable for families and those in multicultural communities who will be keen to attend multiple matches.”

Even the most expensive Category One tickets offer tremendous value - $149 for the final, $149 for the opening match, $99 for other Socceroos group matches, $99 for a semi-final, $69 for a quarter-final and $30 for a non-Socceroos group match.

Kids and concession holders can watch the final for just $39.50, semi-finals for $24.50, quarter-finals for $14.50 and non-Socceroos group matches for just $5.

Tickets will go on sale in two periods.

The first phase is for venue packs on May 7 for the football family and May 19 for the general public.

The second phase is for individual tickets on June 3 for the football family and June 10 for the general public.

Fifteen nations have already qualified – Australia as hosts, defending champions Japan, Korea Republic and 2012 AFC Challenge Cup winners DPR Korea, along with Bahrain, China, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Uzbekistan.

The final spot will go to the winner of the AFC Challenge Cup for emerging nations in May.

nice

$99 for every Asian Cup game in Newy - fxxxing sold. My family will be buying at least 5.
    OK

Awesome. Looks like I'm going to all 4 Newcastle games then

The kids were hoping for all four Newy games plus Socceroos in Sydney - I thought that would be beyond reach.

Geez I'm gonna be a popular Dad!

Yep, we'll be in too.

Great idea - drop the prices to get more people there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

not going to be cheap if you intend to follow the Socceroos around though
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

prices are good. As I'm concession seeing teams like Japan, Korea for $5. that's great

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    It works out quite well for us NSW types though. Melb and Bris are on weekends, Sydney game midweek.
    OK

Sydney and Newcastle venue packs please.

Damn good pricing.
    Go jetties

Wonder if its gonna be another Ticketek shitfight to the death? or if it will be done through an AFC site/proxy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Wonder if its gonna be another Ticketek shitfight to the death? or if it will be done through an AFC site/proxy?
    I cant see any of the group games selling very quickly although the final and semi's probably will

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Have you looked into doing this much, phernz?

Just wondering if anyone had, to get an idea of pricing etc.

Would be awesome if they released a socceroos-only ticket pack, because the way i'm looking at it the individual match tickets go on sale WAY after the venue packs, and i'm wondering whether it's easier/etc to buy melb/syd/bris venue packs rather than wait out for individual socceroos tickets
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Have you looked into doing this much, phernz?

Just wondering if anyone had, to get an idea of pricing etc.

Would be awesome if they released a socceroos-only ticket pack, because the way i'm looking at it the individual match tickets go on sale WAY after the venue packs, and i'm wondering whether it's easier/etc to buy melb/syd/bris venue packs rather than wait out for individual socceroos tickets
    Just remember WLG you as a Jets Member (Or you could use your Gypo season pass ) should get a chance to buy a Socceroos match ticket before the general public anyway. I imagine the Socceroo tickets will be popular but if you want one you should be able to get one assuming you made the effort to get in on release date and didn't delay it for weeks

Okay, with venue packs going on sale next week I've been trying to work out the best deal.

I've worked out that I want to go to the following games

Japan v Qualifier - Newcastle
    Australia v Oman - Sydney
    Australia v Korea - Brisbane
    Semi Final 1 - Sydney
    Semi Final 2 - Newcastle
    Final - Sydney

Any other games are a bonus.
    To buy Category 1 tickets for these 6 games individually would cost $545 but you have to wait and could possible miss out on good seats to the Final.
    To buy a Sydney Pack plus individual tickets to Newcastle and Brisbane would cost $597 and would give me 10 games to go watch
    To buy a Newcastle Pack (plus finals) and individual tickets to the Sydney and Brisbane games above would cost $577 for the 8 games but I would only be able to watch 7.

So the best value is to buy a Sydney pack.

This sentence also concerns me regarding the Venue Packs "Witness seven matches live in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Canberra and four games in Newcastle with your very own seat at each game."

Does this mean that you get the same seat at each game? If so, then preference at Semi Final 1 and the Final will be given to Sydney Venue packs over Newcastle venue packs for these two games. If that is the case, I think I'd rather secure a good seat at the Final, as opposed to Hunter Stadium.

has anyone received football family information for buying tickets today? i haven't got any emails with passwords etc yet.

Emails being sent at midday according to Twitter.

Anbody got their email yet?