Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 World Cup Qualifying

Japan won 1-0 Iraq have nothing but pride to play for on Tuesday
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

was at Strathfield station last night during the game, got chatting to the guy in the ticket window, he and his mananger said they had recieved notice to plan for 70,000 to be at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    was at Strathfield station last night during the game, got chatting to the guy in the ticket window, he and his mananger said they had recieved notice to plan for 70,000 to be at the game.
    Wouldn't surprise me if its near a sellout. Tickets were selling fast last night after the game, got mine for the terrace australis area. Really hope we have a strong Newy contingent there.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    got mine for the terrace australis area.
    was good while it lasted. shut it down.

Banned
    That active support last night was a joke. Far too many posers and Fanatics in there

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    That active support last night was a joke. Far too many posers and Fanatics in there
    Give it time Member...it was their first game!

That is correct, however it shouldn't take long for people to learn new chants rather then repeating the same stuff. Australia whoah oh oh oh etc

Need a 5 minute Dale Cavese going next week

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Give it time Member...it was their first game!

As I said too many fanatics and other assorted posers in there. No different to the Green and Gold Army or whatever they were last called.

Apparently the poor ****s were not singing at 1 stage last night coz they were to busy arguing amongst themselves as to what to sing. FMD

You can dress a turd up but it is still a turd. Until they get rid of all the try hards in there then they will go nowhere and die a slow painful death

Sounds familiar

even though qualifying through asia is better in every respect for the socceroos, these games lack the romance of the once-every-4-years, all-or-nothing home and away ties against a team that we are not expected to beat.

i'm not saying i want to go back to the old system, just saying that we will never play another game that feels as big as 2005 against uruguay or 1997 against iran unless we make a world cup semi-final.

Quote Originally Posted by toad View Post
    even though qualifying through asia is better in every respect for the socceroos, these games lack the romance of the once-every-4-years, all-or-nothing home and away ties against a team that we are not expected to beat.

i'm not saying i want to go back to the old system, just saying that we will never play another game that feels as big as 2005 against uruguay or 1997 against iran unless we make a world cup semi-final.
    If we come 3rd in the group and beat 3rd in the other group then we'll get that

As I said too many fanatics and other assorted posers in there. No different to the Green and Gold Army or whatever they were last called.

Apparently the poor ****s were not singing at 1 stage last night coz they were to busy arguing amongst themselves as to what to sing. FMD

You can dress a turd up but it is still a turd. Until they get rid of all the try hards in there then they will go nowhere and die a slow painful death
    http://www.terraceaustralis.com.au/

Log on and help out then.

don't be stupid. he'd rather sit on here and whinge.

Bought my tix in Aisle 119 the Monday b4 the Japan game.
    I haven't been in active support since the Uzbek game in Sydney (2009).
    Looking forward to losing my voice

I watched part of the game live from my neighbours last night.
    They got all excited and I logged on and bought them tickets in Bay 611 Row 9.
    Pretty good seats for a random internet purchase.

Hoping for a near sell-out at least. Anything above 70k + is a bonus.
    Will all the new WSW supporters be getting onto this?

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    they should just let the active groups of club teams from the city the game is being played in run the support on the night. probably not a popular idea but having the cove, bwb etc. just do their normal thing with the words changed to straya or socceroos or whatever would be pretty sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    That is correct, however it shouldn't take long for people to learn new chants rather then repeating the same stuff. Australia whoah oh oh oh etc

Need a 5 minute Dale Cavese going next week
    there will be no a-league chants, creates too much animosity between rivals
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    there will be no a-league chants, creates too much animosity between rivals
    How are things going with the relationships between the A-League club supporters in Terrace Australis, Furns? I'm interested to know if this is occuring despite it being made clear that rivalries were to be left at the door.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    they should just let the active groups of club teams from the city the game is being played in run the support on the night. probably not a popular idea but having the cove, bwb etc. just do their normal thing with the words changed to straya or socceroos or whatever would be pretty sweet.
    if you do that, then you alienate other a-league groups. If Sydney FC are running the active area, then MV and WSW wont stand with them. It has to be one in all in. Capo isnt any of the current HAL capos, and no tweaking of HAL chants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    How are things going with the relationships between the A-League club supporters in Terrace Australis, Furns? I'm interested to know if this is occuring despite it being made clear that rivalries were to be left at the door.
    The people who have put their hands up to get the group going are leaving their club loyalties at the door. The tifo day last weekend was a mix of SFC and WSW people, plus myself. The only issues are on forums from casual crew tossers who arent Aussie supporters anyway.
    Choose club over country thats your call, but stop bitching about those who want to get involved and make something better ffs

Respect to the people trying to get something started.

Observations last night were:
    1. All the people in active support looked nothing like the people we see in the BWB or Yarraside.
    2. A lot of the chants ARE similar to those done by certain clubs e.g the Sydney FC Crocodile Rock one. I know it's been around for the NT for a while now, but it still felt weird hearing that sung by a Melbourne crowd.

Just my observations anyway, not trying to criticise anyone's efforts but there are obvious issues with NT support that still need to be worked through. It'll be interesting to see what it's like in Sydney this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1