Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
We are quite industrious and seem to be playing in a fairly organised way but to me our players except Bresc dont have the close ball skill. To unfairly highlight that point i did watch spain put a 1000 nails into urugay just before. Bresc 1st touch can beat that 1st player nearly everytime thus creating time and space to distribute. I cant see anyone near his level. All of our mids should be able to do this.
Oar, kruze, tim, did well the backs we ok, lolman was not interested. Makay seems to ride a bike and backs off way too quick in defence. Im not sure what role milligan plays but he seems adequate.
^ Exactly, hence why I've rated Bresc as our best player ever since he came back to the NT and started playing in that midfield role. He's the only one with the legit footsoccer skills, the rest of the team's skills can be summarised as follows:

- Tall/Can jump
- Fast

which aren't bad qualities by any means, but as you say we still need to midfield players who can create the space and provide for the freaks in the team.

Milligan is very frustrating. At first I was very pleased with some of the passes he was making, but then for the rest of the match he seemed to be our worst player. Best example of him killing us is when we're passing the ball around in tight spaces, the ball is passed to him, and all of a sudden he decides to do a one-touch pass which flicks up into the air either straight to the opposition or close enough that we lose possession. Only problem is that I don't know whether Jedinak would be any better at this.

I still stand by my call of putting McKay back in midfield and partnering him with Bresc, pretty sure this is where he played in the Asian Cup and killed it. Putting Rogic in that attacking midfield role is a step in the right direction though.