Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 World Cup Qualifying

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    I guess Rhys Williams is still out. We should be picking Herd too, even if he does decide to pull out.

Does anyone know where this game is meant to be played yet?

Dohar

I hope our fall in fifa rankings is not terminal.

Cap Porta

Quote Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
    Cap Porta
    That my friend would be too logical.

Any predictions people?
    Bresciano isn't holding his breath....

FoxSports
    Socceroos veteran Mark Bresciano believes Japan are the top guns of Asia - and that Australia won't be catching them any time soon.
    The former Serie A midfielder painted a bleak picture of Australia's standing in the region before Wednesday morning's (1.15am EDT) World Cup qualifying match against Iraq in Doha.
    The world No.34 Socceroos have slipped to third in the rankings for Asian teams behind Japan (23) and South Korea (25).
    And Bresciano suggested Australia might be bowing down to the Blue Samurai for some time.

"I think it will be very difficult.''
    Reigning Asian Cup champions Japan reinforced their rising status on Friday night by defeating France 1-0 in Paris.
    Bresciano, a central figure in Australia's 2006 and 2010 FIFA World Cup campaigns, expressed his fears about the development of the next generation of Socceroos.
    The skilful midfielder, who had been living out of the country for more than a decade, welcomed Football Federation Australia's decision to appoint Socceroos' great Craig Moore as a mentor for young overseas players.
    "I think it's very clear that the standard of our youth isn't what it used to be,'' Bresciano said.
    "I'm not sure if it comes down to the coaching we have, whether we have to consider working on the coaches or getting better coaches for our youth.
    "They say Australia's kids all want to play football so it can't be the numbers ... I think we've got more numbers playing the game (than) back when we were growing up.
    "So it could be the coaching - it could be that some players get badly advised, particularly with their career.
    "A lot of players make early moves when it's probably wrong or go to different countries where they won't improve their football.''

I'm thinking Aussies will get up 2-1. We need this win bad.

Imo we will be out-played and Iraq will win fairly comfortably, with us only threatening once or twice on the counter.
    2-0 loss.

viva la revolucion.

Is anyone else slightly concerned that a bloke who is seen as our long term centre back (and future leader) is content to play in the middle east whilst in his mid 20's due to financial security and 1st team football?

Im happy for him to take the cash and look after himself, but if thats the attitude of young players going forward then our national team is in deep shit.
    he doesnt really seem to be desperate to become the best footballer he can be, just seems like he wants to do enough so he gets by in life.
    strange indeed.

Loose
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Hey guys,

Currently in Italy, doesn't seem to be a very high priority for the Italians, does anyone have a link to a live stream so I can still watch the game?

Cheers.

Down 1-0 ****ing shite, sack em all
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Well we got out of jail somehow!

That was some damn Houdini shit right there...

passing. how hard is it? they train all day, all week, all year, yet passing the ball so that it leads the man, rather than putting it 1m behind the running player, just seems to be completely beyond them.

lucas once again shows how completely shit he bloody well is these days. brilliant speed to get back and pick up the player that spira had to leave to take the man with the ball, the man lucas should have been marking. if you can't ****ing get back in time you pillock, don't ****ing go up! paartalu anyone???

seriously, no ****ing excuses from holger for the next home matches. a-league is in season, and is a damn sight better than ****ing middle eastern leagues and even MLS.

iraq smashed us. we just scored more goals.

YES!!!! LUCAS SUSPENDED FOR NEXT MATCH!!!!! (and valeri)

i absolutely hate that thompson is scoring atm he is holding back youngsters such as ruka, leckie, oar (to an extent), etc back.

lucas enough said, yes 6 years ago he was our best defender and one of our best at the 2006 world cup but imo ever since he joined west ham his career has been a downward spiral, why he never chose to go to liverpool when he had the chance i have no idea.

we probably will make the world cup, but we are going to get knock out with out much problem, unless osieck starts making some proper changes, especially in the midfield, jedinak and valeri are just not up to standard, valeri doesn't even get a look in at his 2nd division squad, paartuluu starts every week at one of the best ball playing teams in australia/asia. I like matt mckay but he is being wasted at LB, there are 4 better options alone in this country (rose, beich, cassio, goodwin).

our next game is not now until march, if i was osieck i would hold an a-league camp a couple of times and realise how good some of the products are in this country.

I actually believe osieck fears the reaction if he were to drop the figureheads of the last 10 years in this team, besides schwarzer they all now play in leagues which are either on a similar or worse level than the a-league.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I woke up a little after half time, watched with disgust and then saw Iraq's goal, ragequit and went back to bed

seems to only work when I'm genuinely pissed off and disgusted

Quote Originally Posted by Matty's Mowing View Post
    I'm thinking Aussies will get up 2-1. We need this win bad.
    And the cupie doll goes to Matty's Mowing. N1

The miracle of Doha.....

Another ugly win. It will be interestig to see what Holger does now without Neill and Valeri foro March next year...
    and in between! And on Neill...once again his pace got him into trouble. IF that card was a straight red like it could have been
    then we were gone.
    Happy for Timmy and Archie...both mates scoring important goals together in a VERY important win.
    And was there a player in the Iraqi team bar the keeper who didn't foul Robbie Kruse?
    FMd...I know he whinges like a bitch a bit but fair suck of the (sav) sauce bottle.

We've just earnt 6 months to get that rabble into a decent unit. Oman is another must win in March.
    Australia need to be in 2nd place going ito the Japan game..... because it'll be Slim Pickens there.

Have only seen the highlights
    great ball from Tommy Oar for Archie's goal.
    Cahill to miss the next 6 weeks for New York with a back injury from extending so far forward for that header.

3pts.