Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: **** off gary

Yep, and making anyone who's had enough of the current situation feel like they aren't "a true fan" is really oing to help get us of the shitstorm we are in.

"But we don't need them bandwagoners" some will cry.

Good luck having a club when only the "true fans" come along.

Redwah, its more than your right to not pay to watch the shite.
    Find other ways to enjoy the experience, come to the tenzo, meet others who hate GVE and hare the distaste for the current situation. If you can get past the idea that you are sort of paying the club to find you mates its not a bad day out.
    If that's not going to work, come to the tenzo pregame, watch the game there too, then when we all walk back in after the game you can hang shit on us for eing dumb enough to pay the privilege while stayed in air con comfort.

I admire you're protest, and I'm not sure why I didn't do the same.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Yep, and making anyone who's had enough of the current situation feel like they aren't "a true fan" is really oing to help get us of the shitstorm we are in.

"But we don't need them bandwagoners" some will cry.

Good luck having a club when only the "true fans" come along.

Redwah, its more than your right to not pay to watch the shite.
    Find other ways to enjoy the experience, come to the tenzo, meet others who hate GVE and hare the distaste for the current situation. If you can get past the idea that you are sort of paying the club to find you mates its not a bad day out.
    If that's not going to work, come to the tenzo pregame, watch the game there too, then when we all walk back in after the game you can hang shit on us for eing dumb enough to pay the privilege while stayed in air con comfort.

I admire you're protest, and I'm not sure why I didn't do the same.
    Mr Fish he brought that upon himself by continually defending his position and denying he was a bandwagon fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    sorry premy, but I've had enough also, not only GVE's attempted coaching style has driven me away, but I've heard they are selling Carlton again, how come the Boof heads get the good stuff and we get shit.

it's all to much.........
    Whose going to give me shit on the southern hill now Jardel?
    You will be missed only a little bit but you bandwagoner.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Exactly MFKS

I still vividly remember in season 2 of the A-League going with the young bloke to watch the Jets against top of the table Victory on a cold, overcast day when we were stone motherless last. It was round 7 and was actually Nick Theo's last match in charge, the crowd was 4,000 odd and I think we ended up losing 2 or 3-0.
    What a great day that was I was well intoxicated trying to slip'n'slide down the hill on grabage bags we were wearing. As many times it has been that I have left fustrated & humiliated, I have never not enjoyed myself at the football. Rain, Hail, Sunshine, Wining, Losing, Sunday Afternoon, Tuesday Night you show up and Support the Club you love, the players you love (some you hate), the Managers you love (most you hate), you get there and do your part for your Club.

Anyone who only wants to be there for the good times only are Bandwaggon fans and can join the RBB
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

The only folk who can be labelled bandwagoners are those who turned up for the semi v qld or the game v Beckham and never came back.

Anyone who has sat through more than two games of GVE's recent tenure doesn't deserve the label.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    The only folk who can be labelled bandwagoners are those who turned up for the semi v qld or the game v Beckham and never came back.

Anyone who has sat through more than two games of GVE's recent tenure doesn't deserve the label.
    Just as anyone who deserts a club cause they are unhappy about results/don't like coach yet vow to return when results improve/coach is replaced are not entitled to be considered "fair dinkum" by other fans when they proclaim to be a "supporter"

I call bullshit member.

Maybe he loves the club so much he can't stand to see the dire situation we are in and believes that walking away might help send a message that things need to change.

High horse shit for other fans hardly suggests those who hang on in the bad times are any better.

Banned
    Whatever

You are defending the people who wish to desert the club in times of trouble.

I am defending the fans who stick by the club through thick and thinner.

As for the walking away may send a message things need to change. Yep it sends a message loud and clear to me

That is to quit in times of trouble and just give up.

Protest can come in many forms. You don't necessarily need to cut off your nose to spite your face.

Keeping money in your pocket and not going should be the last choice.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Just as anyone who deserts a club cause they are unhappy about results/don't like coach yet vow to return when results improve/coach is replaced are not entitled to be considered "fair dinkum" by other fans when they proclaim to be a "supporter"
    bhahahha.
    ****ing superfans everywhere.

I thought La Barone was voted #1 anyway. sif blokes like you can judge.

who gives a **** Member. get over yourself.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    bhahahha.
    ****ing superfans everywhere.

I thought La Barone was voted #1 anyway. sif blokes like you can judge.

who gives a **** Member. get over yourself.
    Got a bit of a bycatch I see

The only criteria for being a Jets fan is to hate the Mariners. The rest is optional.

I think the use of the term bandwagoner is being bandied about here.

If the club is serving up crap and you dont want to pay to sit through it - not a bandwagoner.

If the team is going shit and you change teams you support - bandwagoner.

some comparisons with the team back in 06-07 here.

the important difference between then and the current situation is that the team then scored goals and created chances. they had a go.

contrast that to this group of insipid mutts and i don't think the situations are comparable at all.
    we will loose

You are defending the people who wish to desert the club in times of trouble.
    The club has always been in trouble of some kind. It seems to me that you are using this "times of trouble" stand to just attack someone. I've got no problem with someone handing in their membership if the things the club is doing now aren't working for him. There's a lot of things that the club seems to stand for now that I don't agree with.

The players keep going on about how great the culture is in the playing squad, which would be great if such a culture was built around each other knowing how to tear other teams apart or if it was built around a determination to win, but I get the feeling that it is just built around themselves living the good life - train a bit, joke around, soak up some rays and insulate themselves from the pressure so they don't feel bad each time they lose.

Robbie Middleby and focus on meeting his KPIs which seems to have nothing to do with the team winning or achieving a high place on the ladder. The rest of the admin which seems to expect loyalty from the supporters but don't really do anything to earn it.

Post game interviews where it just doesn't seem like losing matters. It's all just technical issues about they way the players move around the pitch that caused the other team to place the ball between two posts and under another post into an area where it makes contact with some netting. They were able to do this more times than the Jets. Simple really. There's plenty of more games to come in which this scenario may or may not happen again.

In short, I sense a real emotional disconnect between the club and supporters and this is going to play out in different ways. Some may want to give up their memberships. Me, I'm thinking about potentially booing my own team every time I sense that they are not trying to win or don't seem to give a shit. I've never really done this but such is the emotional disconnect I sense at the moment.

Don't think i could ever bring myself to boo the players however both Mitchell and Neville i would make an exception.

I will save all my animosity for the bloke pretending to be a coach. Sooner the bloke can go back to be an order taker for fizzy drinks the better off the club will be.
    Last edited by 380; 15-10-2013 at 10:56 AM. Reason: I spell as good as GVE coaches

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Don't think i could ever bring myself to boo the players however both Mitchell and Neville i would make an exception.

I will save all my anomosity for the bloke pretending to be a coach. Sooner the bloke can go back to be an order taker for fizzy drinks the better off the club will be.
    Yeah I don't know if I will because it will set a bad example for my son. But it may be a spur of the moment thing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    The club has always been in trouble of some kind. It seems to me that you are using this "times of trouble" stand to just attack someone. I've got no problem with someone handing in their membership if the things the club is doing now aren't working for him. There's a lot of things that the club seems to stand for now that I don't agree with.
    Neither do I

If the bloke doesn't want to go don't go. Find something else to do or support the Mariners or join the RBB.

Coming back when we get a new coach / start winning just shows this bloke doesn't "get" what being a supporter is. My gripe with this bloke is his DENIAL of being a bandwagon fan when he so clearly is. Bloke has NFI

Neither do I

If the bloke doesn't want to go don't go. Find something else to do or support the Mariners or join the RBB.

Coming back when we get a new coach / start winning just shows this bloke doesn't "get" what being a supporter is. My gripe with this bloke is his DENIAL of being a bandwagon fan when he so clearly is. Bloke has NFI
    So what is an "Ideal Fan"? What is a "Bandwagoner"?

Whenever you place a label on someone, you do it for a reason. Either to make them part of the "in group" or an "outsider" or to control their behaviour in some way.

Truth is, life is better if you don't beat people up for the decisions they make. In fact, I think the "bandwagoner" has the better of the two situations. They can fade away from something when it bores them and return when it is exciting. They can spend their time doing things that make them happy and view a football club as merely one form of entertainment. Why should they be made to feel guilty for this?

If you want to stick by the team, then you are free to do so. Feel good in yourself for always being there, but if others fade in and out, why should that annoy you?

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    So what is an "Ideal Fan"? What is a "Bandwagoner"?

Whenever you place a label on someone, you do it for a reason. Either to make them part of the "in group" or an "outsider" or to control their behaviour in some way.

Truth is, life is better if you don't beat people up for the decisions they make. In fact, I think the "bandwagoner" has the better of the two situations. They can fade away from something when it bores them and return when it is exciting. They can spend their time doing things that make them happy and view a football club as merely one form of entertainment. Why should they be made to feel guilty for this?

If you want to stick by the team, then you are free to do so. Feel good in yourself for always being there, but if others fade in and out, why should that annoy you?
    That was a very good post